Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am the same way Amanda. I wasn't really given a plan to follow. Just told to get 60 oz of Protein so I have been eating about 2 ounces of high protein foods also. But looking at the plans on here I shouldn't be eating them yet. Haven't had nausea or any issues.

Every doctor is different! We were told after 3 days of liquids to start the mushy food phase. 60 grams of protein per day. Cottage cheese, yogurt, retried Beans, tuna ,etc. along with Protein Drinks everyday, mashed potatoes is on the list as well, haven't tried them though. I don't want to eat carbs without the protein. I haven't had any issues.

Am I the only June Sleever who has a Leak???? I'm curious to know true statistics.

so far I think you are the only one I have seen. How are you feeling these days, any better?
Frankly, it's kind of of bad dream. I felt pretty good until 48 hrs after my VSG, then bam! 102 degree fever. Pain in my left chest and arm, extremely high heart rate, severe nausea, and labored breathing. I Immediately called Surgeon ( who I might add is one of the bestIn the nation) I was readmitted and in for surgery the next day. No leak found but I had all the signs. Contamination in abdomen so a drain was added. After, nearly a week of severe nausea and pain and two more gastric leak tests, my leak was found.I'm finally home with home health and TPN. Its estimated that I will be on TPN for approximately 4 weeks. If all goes well with my leak healing. Let me say, I was fully aware of my risks. But, 0.035 % were pretty good odds. I'm 38, no major health risks and BMI just surpassed the 40% requirement, so I thought my risks were even lower. But, nothing can prepare you for a leak. They are unpredictable and evil as hell. I know I will get through this. I'm am blessed to have a support system and to currently be a stay at home mom. However, mentally this has pushed me to my limits.I apologize to everyone for being a Debbie Downer, I swear to you there is nothing worse than severe nausea. Please use this surgery as your final and only means to weight loss. I'm reminded of the saying,"nothing taste as good as thin feels"To me, that is a load of crap!My opinion is, "Being thin feels terrible if the only way you get there is because you are unable to eat"To the majority of all fellow sleever's who have had no complications. Cherish this blessing, protect and care for your sleeve like your life depended on it. Don't abuse it!

Am I the only June Sleever who has a Leak???? I'm curious to know true statistics.

so far I think you are the only one I have seen. How are you feeling these days, any better?
Frankly, it's kind of of bad dream. I felt pretty good until 48 hrs after my VSG, then bam! 102 degree fever. Pain in my left chest and arm, extremely high heart rate, severe nausea, and labored breathing. I Immediately called Surgeon ( who I might add is one of the bestIn the nation) I was readmitted and in for surgery the next day. No leak found but I had all the signs. Contamination in abdomen so a drain was added. After, nearly a week of severe nausea and pain and two more gastric leak tests, my leak was found.I'm finally home with home health and TPN. Its estimated that I will be on TPN for approximately 4 weeks. If all goes well with my leak healing. Let me say, I was fully aware of my risks. But, 0.035 % were pretty good odds. I'm 38, no major health risks and BMI just surpassed the 40% requirement, so I thought my risks were even lower. But, nothing can prepare you for a leak. They are unpredictable and evil as hell. I know I will get through this. I'm am blessed to have a support system and to currently be a stay at home mom. However, mentally this has pushed me to my limits.I apologize to everyone for being a Debbie Downer, I swear to you there is nothing worse than severe nausea. Please use this surgery as your final and only means to weight loss. I'm reminded of the saying,"nothing taste as good as thin feels"To me, that is a load of crap!My opinion is, "Being thin feels terrible if the only way you get there is because you are unable to eat"To the majority of all fellow sleever's who have had no complications. Cherish this blessing, protect and care for your sleeve like your life depended on it. Don't abuse it!

wow what a roller coaster you are on. Glad to hear your Dr is on it and you have a good support team in place. I hear you in the odds since I'm a revision from band to sleeve my % went up 20 but I took 8 month to think, research and talk to my family before going this route. I'm lucky my scar tissue was not as much as my Dr was thinking (granted I had the lapband done august of 2008 )so my risk went down a little. Did they say how long it can take for the leak to heal? I don't think you a being a Debbie downer you are putting it out there for everyone to know there are these risk if you go thus route. Plus good to know what some I'd the symptoms you had so we all can be on the look out as well. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Edited by stacielynntate

My surgery was June 10th and I cannot believe ( cross fingers) how well I am doing. I am basically on solids, well I chew them into puree, but I eat steak, chicken, eggs, getting off the dairy which is so bad for you, and soon I will move to a vegan diet using Chlorella and Spirulina as my super Protein foods.

Sometimes I get a little pain when I swallow something with too much air but for the most part I am doing really well. Lost 32 lbs so far. Had three days of no loss but I don't care I will get there.

I had surgery June 21. I have to be on Clear Liquids until Monday. I can't wait until I can start on full liquids. I've grown to loathe broth. A Protein Shake is a treat I'm looking forward to having next week. I've even got the Soup planned to make on Monday. I didn't think I'd be this hungry after surgery. I'm down 5 lbs from my surgery date.

Am I the only June sleever who is concerned about their restriction level? Granted, I'm still in phase 2, but I could eat/drink an entire can of Soup in seven to ten minutes and feel very little restriction. I have to take two large drinks of Water in a row before I can actually feel the restriction. I fear my sleve might be too large.

Also, while I lost 20 pounds in my two week pre-op diet, I've only lost 4 pounds in the 12 days post-op, all while eating only 700 - 800 calories per day.

Edited by Asdf12345

Am I the only June sleever who is concerned about their restriction level? Granted, I'm still in phase 2, but I could eat/drink an entire can of Soup in seven to ten minutes and feel very little restriction. I have to take two large drinks of Water in a row before I can actually feel the restriction. I fear my sleve might be too large. Also, while I lost 20 pounds in my two week pre-op diet, I've only lost 4 pounds in the 12 days post-op, all while eating only 700 - 800 calories per day.

Have you started soft foods. I was thinking the same when I was on liquids only but when I hit soft foods I was amazed how little I could eat. If you are eating a lot of soup you might have some water weight from sodium. I was June 10 and have lost 10, sx weight was 218. It depends on where you started too.

Am I the only June sleever who is concerned about their restriction level? Granted, I'm still in phase 2, but I could eat/drink an entire can of Soup in seven to ten minutes and feel very little restriction. I have to take two large drinks of Water in a row before I can actually feel the restriction. I fear my sleve might be too large. Also, while I lost 20 pounds in my two week pre-op diet, I've only lost 4 pounds in the 12 days post-op, all while eating only 700 - 800 calories per day.

Have you started soft foods. I was thinking the same when I was on liquids only but when I hit soft foods I was amazed how little I could eat. If you are eating a lot of soup you might have some water weight from sodium. I was June 10 and have lost 10, sx weight was 218. It depends on where you started too.

No, I'm still of full liquids for until July 8th. I was sleeved on the 16th. I'm eating one can of soup per day, and only eating the heart healthy Campbell's types, so I wouldn't think that there would be too much salt in it. I could be wrong though. I started at 275 prior to my two week pre-op diet. I lost 20lbs on pre-op. I have since lost 4 pounds after the surgery. My ideal weight is 190lbs. Having said all of that, the 250lb mark seemed to always be a stall point for me in the past so maybe I just happend to hit a stall point right after having surgery. I hope that's the case.

Edited by Asdf12345

I have been eating chicken and other soft foods and I still don't feel like I an getting full like I should. I too feel like my sleeve might be too big, I feel like they didn't make it small enough to lose the amount of weight I was told I'd lose :/

I have the same issue now, im still in liquids phase, lost 26 lbs since Surgery on 11th but whenever i cheat and start eating very soft food, omg, i feel like i swallowed a rock!! Stall for a few days now..

My surgery was June 19th! Things are going very well - lost 7lbs pre-operatively and perhaps another 10 or so post-op (you know those spring scales are not very accurate!) I have about another week of the Protein Shake diet and then on to - what is it - phase 3 I think (soft foods). I am so totally happy at this point that I got my insurance company to fund all this...and I feel like I'm entering this exciting adventure. I've waited my entire life (56yrs) for this and while I wish I had been given this option 20 years ago, at least I had a shot at this before my health really went south!

I'm 8 days out and STILL are having trouble eating! Protein Shakes are even hard. My nurse jyst says do your best but I still worry.

I'm 8 days out and STILL are having trouble eating! Protein Shakes are even hard. My nurse jyst says do your best but I still worry.