Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anybody get dissolving stitches and skin glue on the incisions? Just wondering how long until they fall off or dissolve or whatever. I realized that I forgot to ask and I'm just curious...

I feel the same way... I really can't handle the Protein Soups or liquids anymore. They all make me sick, nausea and diarrhea on a daily basis. I'm either feeling too nauseous to eat or drink or too weak to move on the Protein. I also have IBS though. I tried introducing a little of the soft foods menu, started with a simple scrambled egg and it cleared right up. I'm not supposed to start purees till next week but I had to do something. I'm recording what I have and sticking to very high protein low calorie foods in the hopes of doing minimal damage to my weight loss. I've also upped the amount of exercise to compensate. I'll be starting up P90x3 as soon as the glue comes off my incisions.

I need help. Surgery on Wednesday June 18th late afternoon. No drinks nothing all day. Thursday thought the world was ending. Sick and everything made me want to get sick. smells, Water, medicine Friday ok day felt like a human Sat good except not knowing how long in between sips of Water and sips of food. Is the 30 minute no drinking rule in effect for the liquid phase? Sunday good day except I think I had too much water in a short period of time. Not doing well on the protein front. The smells of the Protein shakes have made me sick. I gulped them in the pre diet to get them down cant do that now. I am down a lot of weight and that is great but I don't know how I can make it to the next phase which with my Dr. is July 18th for pureed foods. Also have had bad pain in my right hamstring getting better but hurt real bad right after surgery. Oh yeah I am not very tired either. Thought I would be without protein and stuff. Thanks for any advice, Rodney

Thanks guys (: appreciate it!

Hey y'all, post op day 5 here... Doing well.

Hey everyone! Sleeved Thursday June 12th. Glad to be a June sleever. Thanks everyone, for all the support.

Pre Surgery top weight: 415 lbs. Surgery Weight: 400 lbs. Goal weight: 200 lbs. Need to lose 200 lbs. Currently on 2 week post op liquid diet.

So far everything is going well. Not much post op pain. Tolerating most of the fluids and Soups well. Sipping Water all day. Walking frequently per Dr's orders. Day 3 post op and so far so good!

Went to first post-op appointment today (sleeved on June 12th, twelve days ago) . Down 18 lbs since surgery. Moving on to soft food diet now. Everything is going great. Very glad I made the choice to get sleeved. I hope everyone else is doing OK. Hang in there everyone. Thank you for all the support!

One week today. Very little pain, except when I lie directly on it. I don't really like sleeping on my back, but it works. I tried the couch and that was more comfortable. About 3 AM, while I was out cold, Sammy, my 150 lb St. Bernard decided to get on my chest and sit. That was severe pain, but no damage done.

I was 320 at the start of all this 299 at surgery day, and 285 today. Was 285 yesterday too, which is a little discouraging.

No problems getting fluids down, or Protein. Cannot wait to advance this diet!

Had surgery yesterday! How long were you In pain?

had mine a week ago tomorrow and yesterday was first day of really no pain. I stop taking the pain meds as well since I'm heading back to work Thursday.

Did anybody get dissolving stitches and skin glue on the incisions? Just wondering how long until they fall off or dissolve or whatever. I realized that I forgot to ask and I'm just curious...

I have skin glue and it's slowly falling off. My surgery was a week ago tomorrow.

I have skin glue and on my small incisions it's almost gone and on the two large ones it's still there. But I'm 9 days post op.

I am new here My surgery was June 12, 2014 and as of last week i have lost 21 lbs. Im excited and cant wait to see more results. I am not being very imaginative with my diet here lately so my question would be what kind of foods is in the mushie phase.

June 9th 2014

I feel amazing!

2 days post op and I still have some good gas pain going on :( been trying to walk it off tho. Also...how many ounces of Fluid are you getting in?

Day 5 post op doing great! Wont weigh until Tuesday soo we will see!

I am 2 weeks post -op and feel great. First weigh in at surgeon today and was really happy. Going good with no complications so far. I am soooo happy that I had this done.