Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help. Surgery on Wednesday June 18th late afternoon. No drinks nothing all day. Thursday thought the world was ending. Sick and everything made me want to get sick. smells, Water, medicine Friday ok day felt like a human Sat good except not knowing how long in between sips of water and sips of food. Is the 30 minute no drinking rule in effect for the liquid phase? Sunday good day except I think I had too much water in a short period of time. Not doing well on the Protein front. The smells of the Protein Shakes have made me sick. I gulped them in the pre diet to get them down cant do that now. I am down a lot of weight and that is great but I don't know how I can make it to the next phase which with my Dr. is July 18th for pureed foods. Also have had bad pain in my right hamstring getting better but hurt real bad right after surgery. Oh yeah I am not very tired either. Thought I would be without protein and stuff. Thanks for any advice, Rodney

, hey here Rodney I also had sure very on 6/18 and today was the first day I couldn't do my protein. I think I'm going to try and change it up tomorrow. I am getting plenty of water in so no worries there. For the 30 min rule I was told with the liquids to do 30 ml of liquids every 30 minutes. Now on to soft foods to stop drinking 20 min before I eat and then wait 20 min once I'm done to start drinking again.

I need help. Surgery on Wednesday June 18th late afternoon. No drinks nothing all day. Thursday thought the world was ending. Sick and everything made me want to get sick. smells, Water, medicine Friday ok day felt like a human Sat good except not knowing how long in between sips of water and sips of food. Is the 30 minute no drinking rule in effect for the liquid phase? Sunday good day except I think I had too much water in a short period of time. Not doing well on the Protein front. The smells of the Protein Shakes have made me sick. I gulped them in the pre diet to get them down cant do that now. I am down a lot of weight and that is great but I don't know how I can make it to the next phase which with my Dr. is July 18th for pureed foods. Also have had bad pain in my right hamstring getting better but hurt real bad right after surgery. Oh yeah I am not very tired either. Thought I would be without protein and stuff. Thanks for any advice, Rodney

My surgery was on tue the 10th. I didn't attempted protein until sat 15. 1 shake only. My nurse said said at 1 week post of most people are barely at 3 half shakes daily. Don't blend, only shake, less thick. I still did broth for days after I attempted protein. Go slow and sip. You have to wait a full month for next phase? Wow.

Hey guys,

Sleeved June 11th first week was a nightmare, much better now.

I just have one issue of not knowing what "full" feels like!!!! Overate a couple of days ago and that hurt!!!!!

No regrets and happy happy, down 20 lbs since surgery.

Good lick all....

June 19 here! Doing really well, with the exception of a headache here and there. Today is the first time I've been hungry, which I'm not liking at all. I need to get more Protein in. They have me using the Protein Shots (liquid whey protein) and the only kind Walmart had was Acai berry. Barfola! First thing tomorrow I'm on the hunt for a different kind!

I'm down 22lbs from the start of my two week liquid diet.< /p>

I started to feel hungry the day after surgery as well. I called my dr. and he told me that I was dehydrated, to up my Water. I forced myself to drink 80 ounces of water or more, and I swear it made the hunger go away...from what I heard, dehydration can feel like hunger. How much fluids are you drinking per day?

Have you tried Premier shakes? To me, they taste the best. I bought Pure Protein from Target, it was pretty gross, had to return it. We went to Vitamin Shoppe yesterday,they have pre-made shakes that they sell separately which is pretty cool, you get to try it before you buy the whole pack. I am also on the prowl for a Protein Powder that I will actually enjoy drinking. Premier's are getting old for me =(

Are you getting in all your Protein too? I feel like I can drink and walk, but the protein gets me every day.

I had issues today getting in all my protein. May need to switch to something different tomorrow.
I too have had issues getting enough protein. I bought many different sample sizes of shakes and powders online and in stores before surgery. My solution is to just keep trying them and throwing them away if I don't like it. The best I have found is the health-wise Soups mixed with Water and several tbls of low-fat cream soups then strained. I have also added Unjury unflavored powder to them and will add it to Jello I make.

2 1/2 weeks out from surgery...saw my surgeon and nutritionist today! All happy with my progress and my food choices. Down about 20lbs! Have to wait until one month out until I can start solids...will be happy to try something new and different.

Hope everyone is well and progressing...we can do this!!!

I was sleeved on June 17. Lost 35 since I started the journey in Feb getting approved for it. Lost 8 lbs on pre op diet and 12 lbs in a week since surgery. I am off work for 4 weeks. My energy is getting better daily. I am noticing hair thinning already. I hate the Protein powder I bought so I ordered some online called Syntrax which is like kool aid. I am from Canada and ordered is online from the US. Syntrax - nectar (36 Servings) from Nashua Nutrition.

Hi everyone,

I'm June 5th and today its my 19th day post op yay! I'm very good still having some acidic episodes that really annoys me other than that I'm fine lost about 30 pounds which is amazing; never thought I could do that in 3 weeks... :D

Am june 15 ! :D

June 2nd and down 22 lbs plus 18 lbs lost pre surgery for a total of 40lbs since April

Surgery June 4th. Down 24.8 lbs! Also waist is down 2.5 inches. Hips down 2 inches. Neck is down 1 inch. Yeah!

Surgery was June 17 and I'm down 12 lbs since day of surgery. I'm still having trouble getting all my ounces of Water in but I'm improving each day! Same with the Protein.

Had surgery yesterday! How long were you

In pain?

Had surgery yesterday! How long were you<br> In pain?

I had surgery one week ago today. A little pulling on the main incision, but otherwise I feel great. Hold on, the first couple of days are hard, but it gets better. Walk and sip.