Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On day 5, and having a hard time with Protein, broth, and anything sweet. Very down today and hungry. Now what? Feeling regrets today and hope this changes soon!

On day 5, and having a hard time with Protein, broth, and anything sweet. Very down today and hungry. Now what? Feeling regrets today and hope this changes soon!

Don't feel alone. I am 12 days out and I still have issues getting Protein Shakes down. Everything has to be really thin. Anything thicker feels like it gets stuck. I had a hiatal hernia repair done so it might take longer to heal. Drink more Water to help with the "hungry" feeling.

I'm 10 days out and having big issues with protein especially the premade ones way to sweet. I got a sample pack from Unjury.com and mixing the powder ones with some frozen berries is easier for me to get them down. The last few days I've had to pretty much force myself to eat as I'm not that hungry. Are you able to do puréed Soups, yogurt, applesauce right now? These are ,y go to right now.

So many ups and downs! I pray for every one of you nightly. Things are better for me. I think I might finally have my food to Fluid ratio figured out. Good last 2 days. Hugs to all! "Just keep swimming! "

Hi everyone, I am new here and already I'm seeing a lot of things I can relate to. I had my sleeve done on june 9, no complications with the surgery at all. I did have heart burn pre-op and now I have severe acid reflux :-( its with me around the clock with or without food/drink. Its at its worst when I'm sleeping, I wake as I find myself choking on the acid. My dr called in nexium but I purchased it over the counter because it was a higher mg and cost me much less. Today was my first dose of nexium and so far I am overjoyed with no acid reflux or heartburn today. We shall see how the night goes for me:-) hope everyone has a wonderful night

I was having the same issue when I was on liquids only too, never feeling full. When I started switching over to "soft foods", I was not feeling full either until too late, then it was a bloated feeling all of a sudden. I had to slow down alot and I started to recognize my "full signal" before the bloating. I am just getting into regular foods now and feel full all the time but I try to eat at meal times regardless. My doctor is happy with my progress and so am I so it is working, just take your time and keep doing what they tell you. You will feel the benefits and be proud soon enough.Good uck to everyone.

Sleeved June 24th, day 5, supposed to have 3 four oz Protein Shakes today. Only able to have 2 yesterday. Starting to burp more and pass gas. Just had my first bm which was induced last night with 2tbsp of MOM. Looking forward to increasing my liquids.< /p>

Thank you for ur responses, it helps to know I am not alone. Will just take it day by day. Go back to work Tuesday the 1st, so hope I have energy by then! Good luck to you all, hope we all get through these tough times together, sure appreciate the advice and stories! Day 6

Hi Aygad. Just like people are different shapes and sizes, so are stomachs. The level of food/liquid you ingest before feeling a restriction will be different than alot of women who simply have smaller organs overall. You will probably need more calories to keep yourself going than someone who is smaller. If you continue to have problems losing weight I would suggest increasing your activity level. I just bought a fit bit a couple of days ago because I know it will help motivate me to increase my activity levels. As they used to say in Weight Watchers - just move!

• Krispiekreme: So sorry to hear you are having problems and are down. Exactly what about the Protein Shakes is bothering you? You might want to try the whey powder that is unflavored, and add your favorite flavoring - I bought Mio flavoring liquids although I use it mostly for Water. Also, if you like milk and can tolerate it, I add milk to my costco whey isolate powders and that makes them not only taste better but more filling and satisfying. (It also increases your Protein intake.) Also, my first few days out, up to day 5-6, every time I took anything in I got stomach cramps - (remember that your stomach is pretty inflamed/bloated at this point). Avoiding chilled liquids and sipping tiny sips helped alot, and the cramping is now gone 10 days out. Good luck to you!

I just joined here...had my surgery 6/25 and feeling pretty good so far. I've been enjoying reading everyone's stories, it's been an inspiration!

I had my sugery june15 ..in the first 9 days I lost 15.5lbs and since last tuesday am almost hitting a plateau... does anyone pass thru this ...I was 250 lbs and need to be 130lbs

I found this article and it helps calm me down a bit :-)

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.U7BG1Mv8LqB

Hi Sara Adam, I think that is normal, I started out dropping 1 to 2 lbs a day then last week I noticed 2 days in a row my weight didn't drop at all. Then after that I went right back to 1 to 2 lbs a day. I was sleeved on 6/9/14 and I am down a total of 31lbs so far. At the time I didn't drop any was near the end of the pure liquid stage. Once I started applesauce is when the weight started dropping again. Hope this helps and good luck