Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fashion

Lmao what is a Coochie cutter, I must know.

Ok I looked it up

post-199006-0-07938700-1401492920_thumb.jpg

This would be me in those lol

post-199006-0-76780400-1401493094_thumb.jpg

oh no, pls no coochie cutters. im not sure even 16 yr olds should be wearing those :lol: maybe im a bit too conservative lol

Friends you can buy those neon jeans and crop tops fishnet shirts camel toe jeans college booty shorts and wear them too in the privacy of your home with the door shut the blinds drawn or in the isle of your local Walmart to be photographed and added to Facebook-Twitter-Instagram legends of Walmart pages and what not to wear over age 30 :)

If someone had given me a little glimpse into what would be in style when I got down to a decent size, I swear I would've just eaten myself into oblivion instead of doing all of this work! Seriously, with the one piece jumpsuits, and the half tops and all of the other ridiculous **** I just saw while attempting to find clothes that fit me. It's all garbage. I was so excited to go shopping, I have awesome plans, a babysitter--and yoga pants. Lovely.

I agree that salvation army works best for me, I can get jean and tops for two dollars and some are even brand new. When they get to big doesn't seem to take long, back to salvation army they. Win, win for everyone, this is even cheaper than those rent clothes online thing. And it seems they have much better selection of clothes.

I love some of the 90s stuff coming back - floral patterns and combat boots! Adorbs!

Old Navy is awesome for basics and cute stuff - and actually Forever 21 has my favorite undershirts ever!

I can't really say anything yet, though, my fat clothes still fit me.

I enjoyed reading about coochie cutters though :lol:

Am I the only one here still shopping at Goodwill!? I can only wear each size for 6 weeks or so anyway, then it' s back to Goodwill! We have several near Indy that are quite good. Sometimes I even grab things that are too small because I know I'll be there soon! Got this gorgeous Ann Taylor jacket that I will look SMOKIN' in 10 pounds from now! I do have to invest in expensive bras, however. The girls deserve to appear as magically perky as I can afford!

Maybe thats why my girls aren't "magically perky". I can finally fit into the cheap Target bras with skinny straps (I've always had to wear over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders) so I buy those now. Maybe I should go back to my $50 bras?

Haven't taken a risk with the skinny straps yet, but I did try a bra with them at TJ Maxx this week. Yikes! It takes more than a a bit of delicate satin to keep these girls north of my navel! I'll stick with Wacoal, and pretend that the way I look in my beautiful but highly structure brassieres is exactly the same as how I look with no bra at all... :D

"Coochie cutters!" Ha ha - I love it! I wore a pair around the kitchen last night and my husband kept grabbing my backside! I swore I wouldn't wear them outside the house, but I just HAD to wear something that had a single digit on the size tag, after years of all those cursed X's!

….and yes, I agree, buying clothes now is sometimes daunting…especially when you were only used to wearing elastic….

…but if this is our new concern and worry…I AM ALL FOR IT! :D

Good job everyone…guess this makes us a big bunch of LOSERS! :)

I saw the pic of the girl in the Coochie Cutters, my first thought was " No. Fricken. Way. This has GOT to be photoshopped !!!!! Sigh.......... sadly , it's not. Sigh....... Anywho, Jenny, im about your height ( im 5'3) , and 90 % of my clothes and jewelry come from Goodwill. I get lots of compliments on my outfits that I buy on the cheap ! I buy feminime, classics that are stylish and age appropiate. ( Im 55) . My daily fall / winter look is slightly flared jeans , a long sleeve t shirt, a cute jacket or cardigan , a long scarf, and flat boots, silver jewelry. Spring is more colorful, less layers. If i didnt get it at Goodwill, I got it at Old Navy, TJ Maxx, or Penneys. Keep an open mind when you shop, and buy stuff that looks good on that hot new body of yours ! Good luck !

I wish we could be shopping buddies! !!

Thank you ladies for the entertainment. It went well with my Saturday morning coffee.< /p>

Am I the only one here still shopping at Goodwill!? I can only wear each size for 6 weeks or so anyway, then it' s back to Goodwill! We have several near Indy that are quite good. Sometimes I even grab things that are too small because I know I'll be there soon! Got this gorgeous Ann Taylor jacket that I will look SMOKIN' in 10 pounds from now! I do have to invest in expensive bras, however. The girls deserve to appear as magically perky as I can afford!

Lol. I too am still a goodwill shopper. I have burned through sizes. And like you too i am still buying nice bras. I used to wear just my size and playtex but since losing i now wear underwire and holy cow do they look nice int he bra anyway. Lol Outside it well, thats another story as im sure a lot of u can relate. The onoy new things i have bought from a first hand store are my danskin now pants from Walmart. Thank god for spandex! With as fast as ive lost im getting a lot of loose and hanging skin so i get the semi fitted and it keeps everything in and tighter. I love them for workouts and they are fairly cheap so im not spending a ton. Anyways im loving th goodwills here and we too have a few arounf town as well as a few other local second hand stores i shop at.