Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Chicago Friends Thread.....

Hello to everyone :)

I am new to this site. I am from Crest Hill. I was banded on 6/25 in Mexico along with my mother. I am looking forward to getting to know other bandsters in the area.

Chrissy, welcome. I'm from Romeoville. If you ever want to get together let me know. ~Mandy

When are we getting together for the next luncheon? I'm allowed to drive again tomorrow. ~Mandy

Welcome Chrissy!

Mandy ~ I will have to let you know when I will be available when I get back from FL next week. It depends on how soon I might have to move. I am hoping I will be albe to get together before I have to move. You must be doing better....

Newbies and OLDies ~ I hope that many of you will be able to join us for our monthly get together.

Amelia, do you have an aftercare doc in the area in florida? What area are you looking at? I can't remember if you gave any details, if not can you give us some? ~Mandy

Well I was just reading the FL thread but I want to wait until I have actually accepted the job before I presue a Dr down there. I also want to find out what their medical is to see if I will be able to get fills covered.

As for the job, it is working for an insurance software company. They sell their software to Property and Casualty insurance companies in the state of FL. They are expanding quite a bit and have several jobs posted. However the one that they are considering me for is a Quality Analyst Lead position. I have 6 years Quality Analyst experience in the Life and Annuity side of the insurance indutry and I also have property claims experience and an understanding of U/W which were all a requirement. When I did the phone interview I thought I was interviewing for a different position and was very happy when she told which posiiton she would consider me for. It will be a nice increase in salary. The job is locate in Sarasota FL Gulf Coast. It is 20 minutes from parents. I will be living with my parents. Since they are getting up there in years and my mom has wanted me to move in for awhile this will help them out. They have actually been considering moving back here because they were afraid if something happened no one would be done there to help. After a year or so we will sell their house and then I will buy one have them live with me.

I am really excited about everything. The head hunter that I have been working with said I have the job unless I say something that really upsets them on Friday during my face-to-face. So I will keep my mouth shut as much as possible. LOL! He also told me that Of all the people they have sent to them I am the most qulified. They have already hired 4 other folks that he has sent them. 3 of them being from out of state.

Sorry for all the detail but I am really excited. With job I feel I will finally be getting paid for the job I do. Not to mention the added experience.

:whoo::whoo::whoo: I am totally happy for you!!! That sounds like a great opportunity for you and a great chance to help your parents!! :whoo::whoo::whoo:

Hi there gals, just wondering if any of you had your bands done in MX and if you did who does your fills? My local doc won't do it. Help.

hi just got bander on aug 02 and sleep from anti for 4 days bad expec..when back in hosp and just got out need help with getting enegry back HHHEELLPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! home 708 646 9373 anyone who can help

Mikesmom, call DR. Lahmann at Silvercross Hospital in Joliet. I know he will take patients that he did not band. Not sure about Mexico but it's worth the call. ~Mandy

Welcome New Chicago Friends!

mandy - how ya feeling?

Amelia - thats awesome! so how did todays interview go?

So my summer is not turning out the way i hoped... i had quit my job and took that contractor position with y ME Illinois. well the new exec director and the special events gal kinda didn't have their stuff together. so i didn't have the sponsorship proposals to send out to these places that i was calling. Anyway they asked if i can be on hatus while they figuredout what they were doing. Oh Sure, that would be wonderful.

So now i'm home trying not to drown my sorrows in a box of cheez-its while i figure out what the heck i'm supposed to be doing with my life. grumble!!

So whens the next lunch? my schedule is now more open than normal.

Sonia, sorry about the job thing, that really stinks. So are you looking for something new or are you waiting it out? ~Mandy

back to looking for something new.

i have an interview on wednesday with the nrthern il food bank for an individual giving manager. i really want to transition into fundraisng but am having my doubts. i'm just so over banking and finance.

i just don't know.

Any one know a good tarot card reader or psychic who can give me some "direction" ? :faint:

Sonia ~ It is funny you should ask about the tarot card reader. In Feb while I was still at my old and they had tarot readers in for a Mardi Gras party. The tarot reader told me I would be moving in with my parents and making a big move. While I got the job in FL and start on 9/4. I will be moving in with my parents. The unfortunate thing about this is that I do not know the name of the tarot card reader. Sorry! I wish you the best of luck looking for a new job.

The good news is I GOT THE JOB!

As for the lunch maybe we can have a packing party at my place LOL!!!!

Let me know when and where and I will try to make on last lunch.

Take care!