Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Chicago Friends Thread.....

I'm up for resceduling. i'm pretty boring and my calendars open. =)

Well we walked this weekend!! 20-22 miles!!! When we got on the bus at the 13.5 mile marker to take us to the wellness village i cried becuz i never made it this far before! Sunday was amazing and we finished the 13.5 there too. we had to get swept for a stop both days becuz we were kinda pokey but i don't care - we finished!! And I;ve already signed up for the 08 walk. Now i just want to sleep for a month!!!

Hi everyone-

I have been out a touch for a while! I did a lot of traveling in May and have been super busy at work so i wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing.

I would love to meet for lunch. How about 6/16 or 6/24?

I haven't lost any weight in quite a while but i haven't gained. I guess that is still positive after 3 out of town trips. So...i started seattle sutton this week. So far so good. When i picked up the food, the lady told me i was going to be really hungry. I have only been doing it a few days but i really like. You can beat the convenience, esp when you are at work!

Mandy-sorry to hear your daughter is having surgery. Wishing you guys well!

Sonia-you are a walking maniac! That is awesome-you did a great job!

Take care

Melissa

Sonia, that's great. And my math works that out the be 27 MILES!!!!!! That is great, I am so proud of you.

Abi had her surgery yesterday and she did really good. It has been a long 36 hours since, but we are doing ok. Surgery was supposed to take 15 mins and it took almost 45. They were able to repair the right side of her nose and sinus, and they packed the left to prevent bleeding for the next 10-14 days. She is tired and crabby but with the packing I don't blame her one bit. I'm sure it's uncomfortable. Also we are having to do saline spray 3 times a day to help disolve the packing, and she HATES that.

I'm ok, with reschedualing, let me know what's good for everyone.

~Mandy

I may be able to do next Sat the 16th. After that I will be probably be out of town until July 1st.

Mandy ~ I am glad that everything went well with your daugther's surgery. How long before the packing is disolved. That really had got to be uncomfortable for her.

Has anyone heard from Mistey (lala), I have not seen any posts from her in a couple or months?

I sent lala a PM. I have her phone number, if she doesn't respond to my PM in a day or so I will call and check on her.

The packing will dissolve in 12-16 days. ~Mandy

Hi Amelia!! you and I have the same doc--and I have recently been diagnosed with anemia!! had it way befor the surgery also--but mine is pernicious anemia--the inability to absorb B12 into the blood--having an endescope on the 15 jun to make sure the works of the upper gi are aok!! If Iron is not helping,and there is no bleeding, maybe you should see someone in hemotology and check the b12 levels!! just a thought!! if you have questions that you think I can answer just feel free to pm me or comment here

Thanks Sweet Violet.

I have been on B12 shots and the Iron since last year. I just can not keep my levels up. I have not had teh "anemia" since about Dec last year. Just my Iron keep dropping. I am currently on one b12 shot a month, 2 b12 supplement Vitamins and 1 b12 sublingual and I am also taking 3 irons a day. My iron has finally started to come back up and my B12 was over 1600 a few weeks ago. I just lost my job on Tuesday do to outsourcing and I have to wait for my cobra to kick in before I make any more appointments. Maybe once it kicks in I will go to see a hemotologist. There are different causes for the pernacious anemia, just not sure what is causing mine. I just had an upper endoscopy a couple of weeks ago with the band. My Gi told me my band needed to be tighter tat he was able to pass without any problems and that it was wide open. I actually just got 2 more cc, so I am up to 8 now and finally feeling some restriction.

Which band did Dr D use for you. I have the vg. Are you going to the Lap Band support group meeting on the 21st. I will not be able to make it because I will be out of town.

thanks again for the info.

Take Care

Hello Everyone! I havent been on in quite awhile! I am almost done teaching for the school year (Monday is our last day) and I would love to try and meet up! My schedule is much more open than ever now!

Veggestyle, what grade do you teach? We would love to see you at the next lunch. Is the 16th ok for you? ~Mandy

Since you guys are local I thougt I would put the offer out there. I have a total gym ultra for sale I'm asking $100 for it. My mom bought it and her back is too bad to use it. She paid $1800 for it. It's the one Cristy Brinkly and Chuck Norris sell. I already have one and LOVE it. She also has a Health Rider, I can't use it due to my knee and foot problems, she wants $50 for that. Let me know if anyone is interested. ~Mandy

Sadly, it does not. I will be at nail technology school! For the past few years I taught 8th grade, but now I am looking for a new job. I am currently being offered a job that teaches k-5, with students who are struggling readers.

Are you all meeting up tomorrow? If so what time? I maybe able to make it. My parents are here but I maybe able to get away for an hour or so.

The last post I saw was from Mandy for the 16th but I did not see a time. I am assuming it is still at Panera in Oakbrook.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Amelia

Hi guys!

Did you guys meet up yesterday? I've been kinda out of it and spent the day w/ my folks.

Mandy - How's Abi feeling? Hope she's better!

So I'm taking a big risk in my personal life. You guys have heard me complain about my job since the beginning - I'm an account manager for a company that personalizes your debit atm, prepaid health and transit cards... its fine but stupid at the same time and everyones negative and wants out. I was offered a contract position with Y-Me Illinois and i said heck yeah. I get to go in tomorrow and give my 2 weeks. I've been floating! But theres the part of me thats freaking out about what happens when my contracts up. I really want to get in this week for another fill just to make sure all is ok in there too b4 i lose my insurance.

My responsibility will be to find sponsorship and silent auction items for their big Gala in october - which means by my 1 year bandaversary I have to get my tuckuss into a fabulous dress.

So re-commitment here I come!!

Sonia,Good luck with the new job. I am sure it will work out for you.I was not able to make if if they did get together. I was busy with my parents being here and getting ready to leave for a few weeks.Take care.Amelia