Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, All, I don't really know why but I'm feeling down and blue today. I'm on track in my three month mandated weight loss program. I've upped my exercise to four times a week.(Ultimate goal from surgeons is one hour a day, seven days a week). I have all the required test results that I can get up to this point. I went to the "must attend" seminar two weeks ago and am now waiting for my commitment letter from the surgeon. Maybe that's it. They said that it could take up to three weeks to get the letter but that they usually arrived in a week and I haven't gotten mine yet. I know my insurance covers the gastric bypass. They even consider it medically necessary for some patients and I fit into that category. I'm just worried that now that I've made the decision, there will be some glitch that will prevent me from having it done. I've done as much as I can until I get that letter and now I feel like I'm in limbo. I just want to get started and I feel like I'm at a stand still.

Sorry for the pity party. Thanks for listening.

Robin

Hi Robin,

I hope that your aproval process goes quickly - I am sure that the wait is bringing you down. Once the insurance company gets all the docs they require it should go pretty fast. Good luck to you and keep us posted!

I kinda weave in and out of what you're describing, too. One day I'm so excited about the upcoming changes and how great it's going to feel to lose the weight and then I hit a day where I'm just tired from thinking about it and ready to just MOVE ON!

I think it's perfectly normal... just keep on keeping on...

What you're feeling is normal. The various pre-op stages can seem to take forever. There are so many stages; some go rather quickly and some take time. Once you have completed all the tests, procedures and surgeon/psych visits and get your date, then time will seem to fly! Hang in there; your date will be here before you know it. :)

I know how you feel. Waiting to hear from the insurance was driving me up a wall. I called them twice. Before that I was waiting got my letter. I called three or for times on that one. And before that... sigh. But they set my surgery date, finally. And they will set yours. it helped me to plan ahead. I counted the Vitamins and shakes I have for after... Made a list if what I still need. Even plotted the diet progression in my day planner so I can keep track. hang in there. It will go gayer than you think.

Edited by Writerjennifer