Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found a winner! 60 grams of protein and excellent taste!

@@KeeWee I got mine at Walmart online...it's a PITA to get to the local store, plus shopping online you don't have to deal with the people.

I was having a hard time gettin in my Protein because I'm one of the people that liked my previous shake before surgery and after, couldn't drink it without gagging. I began to research and found a Protein Isolate shake "purest premium protein" it taste great and the price was just as acceptable. The flavor is vanilla Creme and mixes into Water best. If u like vanilla shakes, u will love this stuff... A seller for me was I hated having 3 shakes a day to get 60 grams of protein. Now I make one shake with 12 oz of water and 2 scoops and I'm set for the day. I can freeze it and eat it with a spoon or because Its 98% lactose free I can even leave it sitting out and it doesn't sour. I can take all day with my 1 shake and meet my minimum goal....I love it!! Try it....

Use caution when doubling the scoops of protein. My Nut said that the hospital recently had a patient who was using the same Protein Powder. She doubled the scoop and it didn't contain enough liquid to break down the powder. It formed a intestinal blockage. The surgeon said when he clean it out, it was similar to cookie dough constancy. Very thick and chunky.

I was told the body can only absorb about 40 at a time is that not the case?

I follow the 30g rule. I shoot for 80-100g a day. I too have read that around 40 is the limit. After that the body stops absorbing amd it becomes stored as fat. So i stick to 15-30 per meal or snack. I too use the body fortress. What they are saying is they make the shake at 60g and drink in throughout the day, not just in one sitting. I am 5 months post but have been taking in at least 80g a day since about day 5. I do have days where i just dont feel like eating so i make sure on those days that i get at least the 60g. I strive for my 80-100 each day and 4-6 bottles of Water daily and exercise 5 days a wk and it has worke great for me. I am down 96lbs to date and have no issues at all through this journey. So good luck to you.

I have body fortress chocolate & it is pretty good. I wasn't able to tolerate it pre surgery. I got a tub at Walmart for about $15.

You are using the whey Protein blend though. The blend isnt the same as the isolate. With the blend you are not actually getting the protein they advertise because its the blend. You will need to look it up but the net protein is actually lower. Instead of it being 30g ur actually only geting something like maybe 20g. The isolates arewhat u need.to stick to. You can discuss it with ur NUT but they will tell u the same. I used the blend too until i was told different. Good luck

Ohhhh how I want the chocolate! They're sold out every time...Smh. I wonder if that one's just cheaper or my Wal-Mart jacked up the price! Hmmm...

Lol!!! I go to the Walmart in Carroll Island & they never have the vanilla just chocolate. Glad I know there is more flavors out. It might have been on sale for $15.

Use caution when doubling the scoops of Protein. My Nut said that the hospital recently had a patient who was using the same Protein Powder. She doubled the scoop and it didn't contain enough liquid to break down the powder. It formed a intestinal blockage. The surgeon said when he clean it out, it was similar to cookie dough constancy. Very thick and chunky.

Omg! Good to know this!

I have body fortress chocolate & it is pretty good. I wasn't able to tolerate it pre surgery. I got a tub at Walmart for about $15.

You are using the whey Protein blend though. The blend isnt the same as the isolate. With the blend you are not actually getting the Protein they advertise because its the blend. You will need to look it up but the net protein is actually lower. Instead of it being 30g ur actually only geting something like maybe 20g. The isolates arewhat u need.to stick to. You can discuss it with ur NUT but they will tell u the same. I used the blend too until i was told different. Good luck

I just doubled checked the label & It is whey protein isolate. 30grams of protein in 1 scoop. This was discussed w/ my nut as well.

Omg! Good to know this!

I've used the same powder for years. Seemed very logical to get more Protein by just adding another scoop. I've done that and won't be doing that anymore. The Nut said is was the first case they've seen and I def don't want to the second. Yikes.

I was having a hard time gettin in my Protein because I'm one of the people that liked my previous shake before surgery and after, couldn't drink it without gagging. <br><br> I began to research and found a Protein Isolate shake "purest premium protein" it taste great and the price was just as acceptable. The flavor is vanilla Creme and mixes into Water best. If u like vanilla shakes, u will love this stuff...<br><br> A seller for me was I hated having 3 shakes a day to get 60 grams of protein. Now I make one shake with 12 oz of water and 2 scoops and I'm set for the day. I can freeze it and eat it with a spoon or because Its 98% lactose free I can even leave it sitting out and it doesn't sour. I can take all day with my 1 shake and meet my minimum goal....I love it!!<br><br> Try it....<br><br> <br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br> <br><br><br><br>

I love to add this shake to iced coffee!!

Pharmacy section.

You are using the whey Protein blend though. The blend isnt the same as the isolate. With the blend you are not actually getting the Protein they advertise because its the blend. You will need to look it up but the net protein is actually lower. Instead of it being 30g ur actually only geting something like maybe 20g. The isolates arewhat u need.to stick to. You can discuss it with ur NUT but they will tell u the same. I used the blend too until i was told different. Good luck

I just doubled checked the label & It is whey protein isolate. 30grams of protein in 1 scoop. This was discussed w/ my nut as well.

Ok. Well the price confused me. The isolate is like 19.99 and the blend is 15.00. Thats why i thought that. At least on my neck of the woods it is. Good luck then.

I have been using Amazon for my Protein and Vitamins etc. This is not an advertisement for Amazon but I have found it so easy to shop from home. It sure saved me from driving around town to various stores/pharmacies.