Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wanted to see if there were any June banders scheduled. I am scheduled for June 3rd, my Doc only requires 2 day liquid diet, but eating clean 2 weeks prior. I'm so excited, but would love to have some people on the healing track to follow up with.

June 6th! I don't have to do a liquid diet before the surgery. They require a two week severely low carb diet for two weeks before hand. They suggest the Atkins diet, especially the shakes. The nutritionist said it will reduce the bloat in my liver so it's not in the way during the surgery, so it won't get nicked. It's pretty challenging. They want me on lean meets and low carb veggies. Absolutely no peas, carrots, potatoes or most fruit.< /p>

Edited by junebuggy2004

Congrats Junebuggy2004! It's right around the corner, yippee!

My 2 weeks is the same when I say "clean." I am very familiar with Atkins as I lost 95 lbs a few years ago (it was the only eating plan that has ever worked for me). This plan will also help you get the sugar/carbs out of your system. If you have any headaches and nausea, it is from sugar detox. chicken or beef broth helps a lot (from the salt). This is the part that's easy for, not looking forward to the 2 days liquid per my Doc's orders. I don't know how some get through the 2 week liquid pre-op diet. But I know that all Doc's are a bit different.

For me once I stop the carbs, it is so much easier for me to stave away the cravings....it's the getting down and dirty and diving into make the change that stops me. This time, I don't have a choice, and I am following the rules to the letter for best results.

Good luck to you Junebuggy2004, I wish you the best!

I'm having my surgery June 6th also.

On my 2nd day of Atkins... Yayyyy

I'm having my surgery June 6th also.

On my 2nd day of Atkins... Yayyyy

Congratulations! It's really exciting how close it is.

I'm scheduled for June 2. Two days of Protein Shakes and other Proteins. So far so good.... The chicken broth helped with headache. Interested to hear about others pre-op foid choices, shakes, etc... I've liked the Atkins shake, GNC lean shake and I mixed a zeal powder shake that was not bad. I also tried Isopure drinks and they are good over ice.

I'm scheduled for June 3 and have to do a 10 day liquid diet. It hasn't been as hard as I feared it would be. I detest drinking Ensure, but it does fill me up. I'm having headaches early in the day and hope that will stop soon. Good luck to all my fellow June bandsters!

Edited by hiddenbeauty

Congrats to all on dates. Mine is June 11. I have to do 2 weeks of 3 Protein Shakes a day and Water - nothing else. That starts on Wed. May 28th. I am shocked that it only took 2 days for my insurance to approve. Good luck and speedy recovery to all.

Becky

I am not scheduled yet but it should be the first or second week of June. I have finished all my pre op testing. I had my EKG done this morning. So now I just have to wait for my doctor to put the referral in for surgery. The MA at the office said this should take about 2-5 days. So after that has been approved I am finally able to schedule my pre-op appointment with my surgeon. I guess this is when I will find out when my surgery is and what my pre op diet will be.

I'll be banded next Thursday, June 5th. Super nervous, but excited!

I'm going out today to stock up on post-surgery food. My surgeon doesn't require any type of pre-surgery diet. I had planned on being good, eating Protein and low carbs. But I haven't done very well with this. It's so hard to say good-bye to foods I won't be eating for awhile!!

What should I stock up on? My list so far is pedialyte, ensure, Protein shakes, V8.

That's all I can think of. What do you guys recommend for the first 2 weeks? Especially the first 2 days?

Yes I need to know what to buy for liquid diet

Next Friday is THE DAY

YAYYYYY

I've liked the Atkins shakes, sugar free pudding, and the Isopure blue drink isn't bad. I also did a zeal shake with berries and just Water and ice... Great! My dr was a little vague.. So I've kept to less than 1000 calories and very little carbs, but did have a bite or two early on. I've lost about 7lbs... Depending on which a scale I use. For afterwards I'll do the shakes, broth, and am going to ask about v8. Oh, I did find a new vice... Sugar free slush at sonic! Drinking that instead of tea to cut out caffeine.

Surgery coming up June 3rd and starting 2-day liquid diet tomorrow! I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and weighed in with 2 more lbs down. That made my NP very happy! Everyone at my surgeons office/hospital is so great, they're making this transition in my life a bit easier. I met someone in the waiting room that is having lap band surgery the same day, too!

My pre-admission tests were pretty painless and easy. I have to go pick up my scripts today, and some last minute items. I had to go to a tattoo/piercing parlor yesterday to have my piercings removed for surgery. I lost 95lbs about 4 years ago and had to have my wedding ring resized down 2 sizes, then gained it back when I started a desk job. I have not been able to take it off since then. and I'm hoping that after the 2 days of liquids, I'll be able to get it off. The nurse said that it would be OK to wear it, but if I swell up too much, they will have to cut it off. Wish me luck.

So, I think I am ready-to-go. Nervous and excited, just like everyone else I'm sure! Hope everyone else is doing well and getting their lists of stuff done for their big day!

weeviegirl it's almost your day.

Let us know how it's going.

My day is this Friday.

Nervous and excited!

My surgery is on June 12! I start a 1000 calorie diet on June 4th, then I'll have full liquid on the 11th. I've slowly been dropping my calorie intake for the past month, so that it wouldn't be such a shock. I'm one of those people that gets 'hangry' LOL. I'm struggling to keep it below 1300-1400 tho :(