Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Is It?...

Why Is It That My Phone Hardly Ever Rings, Unless One Of My "FRIENDS"...Wants Something From Me?...Why Then Is It That I Sit In This House, Day After Day After Day...With No Calls, No Visitors, No Nothing!...But The Very Second I May Happen To Step Outside My Comfort Zone & Tell One Of My "Friends" In Our Town About My Lap-Band Decision, Some Are Like.."WELL, ISN'T That Kinda DRASTIC?""...Ya Know, If I Didn't Wanna Cry So Bad - I'd Have To Laugh!...I Have Since Been Learning To Just Say, "YUP, Thats WHERE I'M AT"...So,To Those That Are Not Supportive, I Say "FAREWELL, My FAIR WEATHERED FRIENDS".. And Just Keep Staying Away..Because This Chicks Had It!...Kitchen CLOSED!..I'm Doing For MYSELF From Now On...I Have To Matter To Me, Because If I Don't Who Will?..Folks Gotta Do, What's Right For Them.. Too Much Fake Concerns...Cause When I Break Outta My Shell & This House, That Has Been My CELL, For So Long, Then I'm Gonna Find My Life All Over Again, & With People That Really Actually Do Care...Before & After...Just My RANT For The Year, Thanks For Listening..LOL...Bye...

Ok, I'm Sorry!...Was I Being Too Mean?...Have A Good Day...I Just Had To Let That Out..

I think you're in exactly the right place for a rant! Glad you let it out!

Ginger

Nope not mean at all, just saying it how it is and there's nothing wrong with that!! You're absolutely right this is ALL about you! You have to feel good and be healthy for YOU, no one else can or will do it for you so don't worry what people think. I've seen this issue posted so many times and honestlyI would do the same thing......if you don't agree with me fine, but you better support my decision or there's the door.

Head up and stay the course, don't let anyone influence your decision for a healthier happier life.

I wish you all the best in your decision!

No worries. This is the right place.

I have been hesitant to tell anyone, for just this reason , the only person who knows about my surgery is my husband. Had I not needed a ride home I'm not sure I would've told him. I was banded in Feb. I have absolutely no interest in what any body has to say about my journey. Family has harped on me since childhood about my weight with no concern as to how their words hurt, no matter what people thought they were saying, they were cruel . In high school I got a work out with Miss Piggy video as a Xmas gift. I haven't told my parents or siblings because I have my own expectations for myself. I only have to make myself happy (& maybe my kids & hubby).

Stay strong and positive it's all about YOU

True friends would be there for you .... if they aren't then they aren't true friends. Hope you feel better with that vent! ;)

This is the place to do it.

Edited by Alex Brecher
Against forum rules

@@Industrious Bee rant away, people will be jealous if you do bad or if you do good and true friends won't care about anything but you. So close your kitchen, and take some Bee time tell them all to Buzz off. :)

(clearing throat....) this is not very supportive. We don't like to see these types of posts. The lapband like the sleeve and the bypass are all highly effective WLS surgery tools. We are not here to instill fear or doubt in others, we are here for support and many of us have had great success with the band as have many with the sleeve and bypass as well as those who have had failures. So lets not start with the measuring sticks and statistics etc. The choices is up to each individual.

This is the place to do it,

However I would advise HIGHLY advise you against the lap band, and get the sleeve!!!!!

@@Industrious Bee rant away, people will be jealous if you do bad or if you do good and true friends won't care about anything but you. So close your kitchen, and take some Bee time tell them all to Buzz off. :)

I agree, rant away, you will find a lot of too drastics or just exercise more, or just diet! Lapband, sleeve, etc all are drastic but we know that we need drastic measures, too! We need to take the measures that we have taken because we can't control our yoyo. Wishing you the best of luck.Karen

That is why my husband and I are pretty much loners. I have had enough pretend friends in my life. Like I said in the dog and cat thread I wouldn't trade all of my animals for a pathetic human any day. People don't define me or make me who I am and I would rather stay alone then be bothered with fake people.

You go girl ! Rant all you want ! I'll bet not one of those people that called you has had WLS themselves, or knows much about it. They would'nt think it was "drastic" if you decided to have a hip replacement or heart surgery for a healthier future, now would they ?? Same thing, different surgery, so to speak. Its YOUR body, and YOUR future, so do whats best for YOU ! Good luck !

Many Thanks To Everyone Of You...I Have Drawn Great Encouragement From You All..I Wish You All The Very Best In Your New Life & Know I Am Headed Finally Now In The Right Dirrection...Help, Is Here!...Thank You God...

That is why my husband and I are pretty much loners. I have had enough pretend friends in my life. Like I said in the dog and cat thread I wouldn't trade all of my animals for a pathetic human any day. People don't define me or make me who I am and I would rather stay alone then be bothered with fake people.

Do I ever agree with you!

My husband and I keep to ourselves. I love my critters and often times prefer their company to the human type.

Fake people are abundant, true loyal friends are hard to find.

Kathleen

Let is out.... you will feel much better. Leave it ALL behind you and forge forward and don't look back. There is a whole new world out there for you - grab it !!!!! Only YOU can so go for it :)