Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there a stall every 3 weeks? Im 6 weeks out today and have not lost a pound in 8 days! I get over 60 grams of Protein a day and I work out vigorously!!! What gives!? I've only lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks! I started at 330. I thought I would be losing more, faster. I'm so frustrated! I guess I'm doomed to be a fatty no matter what I do!

Edited by Pretty_In_Purple

I'll be 6 weeks out on Thursday and have lost 33 lbs and I'm happy with that. I would rather lose it slowly actually. I've always thought it wasn't healthy to lose weight too fast. My friend lost 70 lbs in 3 months and is now losing her hair. Is it related, I don't know, but I figure it

probably didn't help her. If you lose slowly, it means you're keeping everything in so your body

is getting enough nutrients to stay healthy. That's how I see it anyways.

If you graphed my weight loss it would look like a stair step, not a straight line down. My doc said this is perfectly normal and to be expected.

Reading all the stall posts I swore that I wouldn't get frustrated like that. Well that's out the window now lol! I dropped a lot in the first two weeks now it's 4 weeks straight of no loss at all. It feels like drastic actions should get results. I'm questioning everything I'm doing even though I have seen how normal stalls are. My clothes are fitting better though and I keep telling myself to keep the faith. As long as I stay honest in my tracking and reporting to my docs and they say I'm doing it right then it will come off. It's hard though lol.

If I could make a couple of suggestions...these saved my sanity:

1. Don't weigh every day - it's bad for your soul. I went so far as to have my husband hide the scale and bring it out once per week. I realized a couple of months in that my body was going to lose weight at it's own pace and it wasn't as fast as my brain wanted it to lose.

2. Take your measurements - I measure about once per month. You will see your numbers getting smaller even if the scale says your weight is slow. (Case in point - I lost 3 pounds last month, but I lost 5 inches.)

3. Document your journey with pictures. I have pics from about 2-3 times per month since I decided to have surgery. It's nice to refer back to those pictures when the scale isn't moving.

4. Be kind to yourself. I know I'm my own worst critic and my own worst enemy...I've had to learn to like myself - something I haven't done since high school.

Best of luck to you!

I only weigh once a week, on Mondays. I have not measured though. I will start doing that. Thank you. Thanks again for all of the support guys. It's just scary thinking not even getting most of my stomach cut out is helping and now there's nothing I can do to lose weight. I'll try to keep the faith. As long as I'm not gaining I'll try to be happy :-)

Edited by Pretty_In_Purple

I am on day 20 post op and the scale has not moved in 10 days. I am getting about 650 cal a day. Maybe to little? Today I start soft foods maybe my body is just think I starving it!

I was sleeved 4/23 and have been on a stall for the last two weeks!! Very frustrating.... But I feel better and that's what matters!! Although I do want to throw the scale out the window every time I step on it.... Maybe it's broke?? Bahahaha hang in there Sleevers.... I hear stalls happen often and it's a way for your body to adjust and rearrange itself before it let's go of any more of it's stored back up weight. Shrug. It's gonna be a roller coaster ride!! I love roller coasters!!! Wooot!!

I am 21 days post op and the scale hasn't moved in about 11 days. It's driving me crazy! I'm working out I'm drinking way more than the 64 oz of Water. I'm getting as much Protein as I can but those Protein Shakes are terrible I've tried 3 kinds. I'm getting a lot of protein from greek yogurt and fish. I hate the canned chicken, it tastes like what cat food smells like! Did anyone else go thru this? I don't understand how I'm not losing anything comparing what I used to eat in a day vs what I am hardly eating now!

I have my sons wedding in October!! Get moving scale!! Haha

Edited by Nicey2u

@@Pretty_In_Purple : I'm going to cut and paste a post I made just a few days ago to another thread. Rest assured you are not alone, and we all feel your frustration. Ok. Ready?

Eliminate the word only from you vocabulary. I only lost 30lbs becomes I lost 30lbs.

Add an exclamation mark and a pinch of enthusiasm. Mix well, and serve warm:

Hey everybody, look at me go! I lost 30lbs!

:)

Be well…

Also, take a moment to reflect on what 30lbs is:

• 6 5lb bags of sugar

• 30 packages of butter

• A decent sized bag of dog food

• 4,000 paint balls

• 2 bowling balls

• 2 19" flat-screen televisions

and lastly:

• Two of those fish I'm holding in my right hand in my profile pic. I got over 2 weeks worth of dinners from just one of those fish.

WARNING: ADULT STUFF FOLLOWS:

And, I'm sorry, but I have to go here, I can't resist. I've lost 74 lbs. That equals:

• One elephant's penis (!) plus a medium sized bag of dog food.< /p>

Imagine walking around with an elephant's penis all day. (Men, I'll thank you not to elaborate on that thought, please.) :blush:

Be well…

Edited by DeniseNCC1701

Ha, ha, ha! Thanks for the reality check. Definitely going to do the hiding the scale thing.

I was at my brothers and my little niece said "aunt Denise I weigh 50 lbs!" That's how much I have lost! Hahaha

I am very proud to have lost the 30 it's just very discouraging when the scale won't move even though I am following all the rules. Thank you for the encouragement! I will try and be more positive!