Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How hard do you sweat during workouts?

Yesterday I did one of the most grueling workouts I've ever done (Couch to 5K ) and while I could feel that I was moist/damp on my back, groin and arm pits, I wasn't drenched like my husband or other people at the gym. It can't be that I didn't really push myself because today the tops and front of my legs are very sore (not like a pulled muscle, but sore like I had an intense workout), plus the muscles in both sides of my waist feel a little sore.

I was talking to my co-worker who works out like a champ and she was telling me that she sweats so much at the gym that she feels embarrassed. I was like, "Everyone sweats" and she goes, "Oh no, it POURS off me like buckets. I look and feel so gross after because all my hair is soaked."

When I used to go to aerobics with my Mom, she'd be sweating so hard she'd constantly have to wipe with a towel. Even though she weighs more than me, Mom is in way better physical shape because she's 60 years old and is able to go up and down stairs without getting winded, she carries the other end of couches up and down stairs, and at the gym she does reps with 20 lb weights, whereas I can barely do 5 lbs.

It it normal for some people to just not sweat as hard as others when working out or does it mean that I need to drink more water/push harder? The closest I even came to sweat profusely was back in college. I had a lot of time on my hands, so I used to go to the gym for 2 - 3 hours a day and I'd max out the elliptical (it only goes up to 9999 calories burned, and I'd use the machine so long, it'd flip back over to 0 and start working it's way back up to 9,999) and even then I was pretty wet, but not drenched to the point that sweat was running down my face and dripping off me.

When I weighed 250, I used to sweat when I walked up a flight of stairs. Now it takes alot to make me sweat. About 60 mins at 4 mph on the treadmill at 5% incline to break a sweat at all. I always bring a handtowel but not sure I actually need one. Not sure u hafta be dripping with sweat to make a dent in ur health tho. look at swimmers. They don't sweat and get in a great workout.

Now my hubby, on the other hand, sweats like a pig. He could use a beachtowel. I hafta keep reminding him to wipe off the equipment at the gym when he's done. Thats gross! He sweated the same at 270 as 190. now he's about 215 and sweats exactly the same.

But when it comes to being hot while sleeping at nite, I sweat just lying still. hafta have a fan on all nite. hubby complains that it's freezing in our room at nite. He's all bundles up while I just use a sheet and wear shorts/tank. Not sure if there's a correlation. Doens't seem so.

I sweat very little if at all during exercise. It just takes a lot of prolonged exertion to get me sweating. Even at my heaviest, I was not a "sweat-er". My husband however practically breaks a sweat just by thinking about exercise.

I have been pushing myself at the gym for 3 weeks and I get the same moist feeling but I don't drip sweat the way others do. I am losing weight but I am not sweating like others. I don't know why but it is common, "fat girls don't sweat, we glisten."

This definitely falls under the "everyone is different" category. Some people sweat buckets, like my husband. I don't and I used to really push the workouts for hours and in a hot room even. Yes, of course I sweated but just usually less than others. If you have DOMS today due to your workout, then you did good! Don't worry about it, just be proud. ;)

I have never been a sweater! My friend even makes fun of me when we exercise she has sweat pouring off of her but not me . So everyone is different. I did once break out into a sweat when I sit across from this good looking guy lol.