Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This forum is dangerous

Mud cake, on my birthday, in my second year of banding (it wasn't a whole cake, just a small slice... I get the feeling you think I sat down and ate a whole mud cake, lol).

I do not eat like crap every day. I do not eat like crap once a week. Or even once a month. A couple of times a year, at family gathering's is not in the same universe as eating pizza once a week / once a month. And letting you in on something... My body hated the cake anyway... I was on the loo for practically the whole day following it.

My daily diet is pretty strict, simply because I feel amazing when I eat well, and run daily. It's the way I feel that drives the way I eat. In my previous life, I felt like shit all the time. Because I ATE like shit all the time. No more. I eat well, to feel well.

I do believe in moderation. Maybe not to the same degree as you, but I was banded to lose weight, and become the healthiest person I could be. And I am. I lost all the weight I needed to, and I am healthier, and fitter than a lot of people who have never been as grossly overweight as I was.

(In best Mr Macky from South Park voice) Mud cake is bad, M'kay. If you eat Mud cake you are bad... M'kay...

And with that I will bow out. I have been as polite as I can be, and again have proved my point to no one but myself! :biggrin1: And in the end, that is what matters people. I know that my -fairly strict looking to someone who has poor eating habits- diet works for me, and I will continue to boycott pizza, and mud cake (just thinking about it makes me sick) and anything else that is less than ideal.

Again, you continue insisting I write things that I don't. Nobody claims eating pizza daily is a good thing. My point remains, if someone eats pizza as often as you eat bad things, how is that a horror? It IS NOT!

I never claimed you ate the whole "cake", not even close.

I never claimed you ate foods like that daily.

I never claimed pizza eaters eat pizza daily, weekly, monthly or otherwise. I referred to an example of when they eat it as often as YOU eat badly. It's okay for you to eat bad foods six times but it is a horror if others eat bad foods 6 times? How does that work?

I consume about 600 calories daily. I have been slammed for that more than once. I got a band to lose weight too. So are we really that far off on what moderation means?

I never claimed one was bad if they ate mud "cake" I was very clear repeatedly when I explained it is no worse to eat pizza as often as you eat badly. What is difficult here? *I* don't think either one is bad. *I* think it is okay not to be pefect every single day.

I don't actually know what point you have proven to yourself or anyone.

I say it's okay not to be perfect, it's okay to use moderation and common sense. I say it is not okay to eat pizza at 3 weeks post op, I say it is not okay to eat pizza daily.

You'll have to explain to me where we disagree.

I have never suggested that you go out and eat a pound of grease so if you want to eat a good diet, AGAIN we do NOT disagree.

I have noticed that people here tend to swing from one extreme to another. For example, extreme (former) over-eaters swing to extreme dieters.

This is not a criticism. What works for you (you in general) is great, as long as preachiness and intolerance of other opinions isn't over-bearing.

I have had some compulsive eating phases in my life, on and off. I ate a ton of candy as a kid, and never was able to shake the sweet tooth thing. But this is eye-opening for me. I never realized that people could truly eat 5 pizzas and then still feel hunger. I would think that would be physically impossible, for a stomach to take in that much food without bursting or making you vomit. Once (as a kid, at 204 lbs / age 12) I ate a pound bag of peanut M & Ms. I threw the whole thing up.

Hey guys, calm down - this is a place to support each other not to shoot each other down in flames. We will never all agree, its impossible, lets just accept our differing opinions and treat each other with respect and tolerence.

There's a college kids' thread here that talks forever about how to get drunk easily with the band. It bothers me "a lot". I responded with my opinion once, read the responses, and then left it. Seems like the thing to do and then get on with life. Just depends how you want to spend your time.

I do think the debate between Portion Control and dieting will always be ther with the band. For me, I do both at home, sticking with a whole food/raw food healthy diet, and then when I'm out to eat, I order whatever I want and eat a bit of it. Works for me......

Betsyjane, i don't appreciate the last post if you actually GO BACK to it and see what someone has actually responded to your post you will see.

Originally Posted by Betsyjane viewpost.gif

I'm not young, so I don't belong here, and I promise to get out. Just a thought. There are bandsters who switch "additions" from food to alcohol, and end up in major trouble. Also bandsters who lose their hair because of getting empty calories and not enough Protein. Just a thought.

RESPONSE: I understand but i am not talking binge drinking - i want to know if it is possible to drink one or two beers when i am out with friends

ME: Now what do you say to that....jeez because we are young we are less responsible right....god, all black people are crooks and jews are cheap too! (SARCASM PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!)

The thread is for peer support....its not about ways of getting drunk. Why do you think the guys have a thread on the boards...to discuss football?? No, its LBT, so we look for people we can share commonalities with.

Unfortunately, if you do look at the thread SOME members decided to stray off course, but no need to generalize.

I am not sure why a person would think this site is harmful. I am not banded yet, scheduled for June 7. I was so excited to find this site. I have the option to attend monthly support groups however they are an hour away at night. I work long hours and I have had a difficult time attending. This site has saved me the travel time and has been much more. I have my appointment with my surgeon on May 21, which is so close to the surgery date. I have made a long list of questions which I learned from banders on this site. I would always consider what peers say on the site, but it is up to me to decide what I need to discuss with my doctor. I don't see children on here! I am looking forward to a new June Bandsters thread later in May!

Lets keep up the GREAT work!

I am so very thankful for this site. I was one of my surgeons first Lap Band patients and I literally had no one to talk with or answer questions. I have learned so much from this site and am very grateful for the people that have helped me out.

Chickie, congratulations on your FANTASTIC weight loss. Your before and after pictures are amazing.

I think the original poster got what they wanted......... to stir the pot...

and as EVERYONE knows........... YOUR MILEAGE WILL VARY ... and so will your individual journey.........

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Another lovely LBT thread I see. Why must everything turn so ugly? Why can't we agree to disagree and move on? Why must we argue EVERY SINGLE POINT TO DEATH?? Geez.......

For the record... I do agree with some of the OP's points. Does that mean I'll get flamed now??

Peace.

I saw that pizza thread -- and I just shrugged my shoulders and got out. It's not my place to scold him/her for her food choices. I give them credit for already knowing that pizza would not be a good choice...but whatever! My doc doesn't prescribe a post op diet per se. He says enjoy the foods you always did...just less of them. So under those guidelines, pizza would be acceptable.

But aside from that, I would hope that everyone looking for advice on this board would consider the source of that advice!! Whenever I'm looking for it, the first thing I look for is some indication or signature of how long they've been banded. And I don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the advice of a person who's onlly been banded a short time may not be the whole story...only their version given their limited experience. I feel pretty sure most of the users here do the same.