Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Courtney Love has the band??

Why don't I think she was banded?

1. The tabloids and media lie to sell newspapers and magazines on a daily basis.

2. It takes years for scars to get to the point where you really have to look to find them, even if you have fantastic skin, and a great diet (not drugs and alcohol)

3. Her weight has been up and down over the years.

4. Not everyone who loses weight has a band.

Those are all very good points. I think the reason I decided that she might have had the surgery is because she's always been pretty quick to use surgery for cosmetic problems.

Btw, my scars are very faint and I had my surgery in Sept. '06.

My scars are still pretty dark, and I am two years out. I don't think she has a band because she has never hidden her plastic surgery, she has ALWAYS been open and honest about all her "enhancements". Also if those are scars and not shadows, could be from any abdominal surgery, gall bladder, laporoscopy, tubes being tied, just about anything. ~Mandy

Really. This woman has the money to pay people to feed and train her. And I honestly think that is what she did. And like Mandy said, she has always be very open about her surgeries, so why not the band?

My guess? Because she doesn't have one.

Yeah, you're right. She does talk about her surgeries and she definitely can afford to have a trainer.

I likes a grrl who talks about her surgeries. It shows that she is willing to share the credit for who she is.

I saw her not too long ago on some pseudo-news show like Good Morning America or something. She was saying that her daughter was embarrassed by her after she put on the weight and that was her incentive for going on a diet. How shallow is that? She's a drug addict and a skank and constantly makes a fool of herself in public (anyone see the MTV awards where she harassed Madonna?), but her daughter wasn't embarrassed by her until she put on 40 extra pounds. That's Hollywood for you.

HahaHollywood, home of the shallowest values on earth. Life must be stressful for the people who live there. How could it not be? In a certain sense these folks have made a pact with the devil, have they not? They are rich and famous but they must conform to certain standards of perfection from which we are free.

I saw her not too long ago on some pseudo-news show like Good Morning America or something. She was saying that her daughter was embarrassed by her after she put on the weight and that was her incentive for going on a diet. How shallow is that? She's a drug addict and a skank and constantly makes a fool of herself in public (anyone see the MTV awards where she harassed Madonna?), but her daughter wasn't embarrassed by her until she put on 40 extra pounds. That's Hollywood for you.

Courtney love is a bit crazy and I would probably be embarrassed by her actions if she were my parent. However doesn't it seem that poor behavior is generally treated in a different manner than being fat? What i mean by that is that it is funny how it almost seems more acceptable to make a complete ass of yourself rather than being fat. Maybe it is not her daughter being shallow but her daughter saying that because out of all the things that her mother has done, the thing she is teased about the most is how she has a fat Mom.

Courtney love is a bit crazy and I would probably be embarrassed by her actions if she were my parent. However doesn't it seem that poor behavior is generally treated in a different manner than being fat? What i mean by that is that it is funny how it almost seems more acceptable to make a complete ass of yourself rather than being fat. Maybe it is not her daughter being shallow but her daughter saying that because out of all the things that her mother has done, the thing she is teased about the most is how she has a fat Mom.

If Courntey Love was my mom I would seriously consider emancipation no matter what my age. Some people should just not be allowed to reproduce, she should be on top of that list with Micheal Jackson!

Very interesting observation, Babygrl. It's back to that old point made on numerous threads about how being fat is considered a character flaw.

Very interesting observation, Babygrl. It's back to that old point made on numerous threads about how being fat is considered a character flaw.

I absolutely agree. I can't even count how many people treated me as if I was dumb when I was bigger. It stinks...

You know it's funny, I think that I may subconsciously discriminate against slender, physically fit women. For some reason I find myself being ticked off at them. I just can't understand how they are able to pull it off. It looks so easy when I see them, but I know that it is definitely not easy. At least for me.

Realizing how I feel about physically fit women makes me understand a little better why people discriminate against me and judge me for being overweight. I hate it and it is not fair, but I guess it is understandable.

When I was heavy I never felt like people thought I was stupid. I think people look at me differently now, I think they thought I was more self-consious then. They were more likely to say mean or rude things to me then. I guess now that I am "normal" they feel I deserve respect....don't know but that's how I feel. ~Mandy