Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

nn

Edited by anitasdream

I am a slight bit concerned because I don't eat eggs, red meat, or a lot of dairy ( cannot stomach cottage cheese or yogurt) I don't eat any seafood ! The only real meat I eat is chicken breast. But I see that a lot of the post-op foods to start eating again are eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, ect. Like I said I only really eat chicken breast, veggies, and fruits! Am I doomed?

why? whay do you not eat these food? do you feel they are unhealthy for you?

Anita, I'm also not a big red meat person although it's supposed to be harder to eat after surgery. As far as eggs and dairy, do you not like the taste? I've never been a huge fan of greek yogurt but post-surgery I love it. I'm also eating a lot of legumes. I make salads with different types of Beans and then add other veggies for flavor. In additional to chicken I'm also eating turkey and ham. You should look for a recipe books for either WLS or vegetarians, also search recipes above for options. I'm sure you'll do fine and who knows, maybe your taste buds will change after surgery, many peoples do.

I am a slight bit concerned because I don't eat eggs, red meat, or a lot of dairy ( cannot stomach cottage cheese or yogurt) I don't eat any seafood ! The only real meat I eat is chicken breast. But I see that a lot of the post-op foods to start eating again are eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, ect. Like I said I only really eat chicken breast, veggies, and fruits! Am I doomed?

Yes, doomed :o

BRG... That's two laughs in the same day!

Ive just never been a red meat eater, not saying theres anything wrong with it, I do cook it for my family, I just don't like it, as for yogurt-- I just don't like texture and milky taste it has. Another thing I don't like is when someone doesn't like your post and instead of ignoring it they find it necessary to be rude about it! The forums on this site are for everyone who has questions, No one is forcing anyone to read or respond to any post. So if you don't have anything nice or helpful to say then don't say anything at all! Some people have no lives and find a need to be rude to those of us who do! You know who you are! Grow Up!!!

Edited by anitasdream

There are many vegetarians who are successful sleevers so you can definitely make this work, especially as you eat chicken. There are tons of chicken products for variety, ground, chicken sausage, turkey Jerky and bacon if you eat other poultry, etc.

Your job will be to find Protein rich foods you love. Nuts, Beans, turkey, pork?, tofu, cheese?...

I urge you to explore fish or crab, because you never know..

You'll be fine with a little more effort than the average meat eater.

i was asking cause, there are many vegetarian sources of Protein you can eat... there is tofu, tempeh, seitan, Beans, lentils.... but why you dont eat those other foods might indicate what else you might or might not eat.

Ive just never been a red meat eater, not saying theres anything wrong with it, I do cook it for my family, I just don't like it, as for yogurt-- I just don't like texture and milky taste it has. Another thing I don't like is when someone doesn't like your post and instead of ignoring it they find it necessary to be rude about it! The forums on this site are for everyone who has questions, No one is forcing anyone to read or respond to any post. So if you don't have anything nice or helpful to say then don't say anything at all! Some people have no lives and find a need to be rude to those of us who do! You know who you are! Grow Up!!!

So you can eat refried Beans and other Protein sources. Nothing wrong with chicken, so why would you be "doomed" - that is just a little dramatic for some so maybe it came across wrong. We are only doomed if we choose to be. This WLS works and there are wonderful people here who can give you excellent guidance. Just ask for advice. Everything is not about eggs and red meat. Do you have a diet plan from your NUT or surgeon? No one

doesn't "like" your post, there are just many options out there. At 3 months post op I was told I was eating too much protein. So change your diet. Very simple. Individually we are all different. Besides my hair is falling out and I am preoccupied thinking I might be bald!!!

I was just reading a lot of what people say on here and those were some of the main foods! Geeze!!! You take yourself way to seriously Linda!!! And that's what I was doing, asking for advice! Its people like you that I was speaking about! Nothing nice to say, just criticize ! I don't care who likes my post, Im here to get info, like most people here that aren't out to make people feel bad for asking a question!!! Very simple!

So you can eat refried Beans and other Protein sources. Nothing wrong with chicken, so why would you be "doomed" - that is just a little dramatic for some so maybe it came across wrong. We are only doomed if we choose to be. This WLS works and there are wonderful people here who can give you excellent guidance. Just ask for advice. Everything is not about eggs and red meat. Do you have a diet plan from your NUT or surgeon? No one
doesn't "like" your post, there are just many options out there. At 3 months post op I was told I was eating too much Protein. So change your diet. Very simple. Individually we are all different. Besides my hair is falling out and I am preoccupied thinking I might be bald!!!

nn

To be honest i hated greek yogurt prior to surgery and cottage cheese and never eat fish. My staple meat on my diet has always been chicken and turkey. They are the best anyway cuz they are 2 of the highest in Protein and low in calories and fat. After surgery i have come to love greek yogurt. My taste buds have changed a bit. I also will use cottage cheese in a recipe but still cant just have it on its own. I also make Protein shakes with a little skim milk, greek yogurt. A scoop of whey isolate any flavor. And some fruit. Makes a great shake and super high in Protein. I have a limited pallet but i have been able to eat a varied diet. eggs are just a good soft food but remember they are about 70 cal and only 6g of protein so dont panic. Wait a few weeks and then start trying differet things. You may be pleasantly surprised at what u may or may not like. As far as red meat, we really shojldnt be eating it till around or after 6 months cuz its hard to digest. The chicken you will just learn to make it alp kinds of different ways so theres always change. Another thing is the canned chicken. High in.protein and u can make a chicken salad and eat with crackers or put it in a Soup or just add it to some broth. Just follow the high protein plan and get plenty of fluids. Also if ur not a yogurt eater try starting with the light and fit greek 80 cal yogurts. You may just like them. Also the yoplait 100 cal ones. In my shakes though i use the plain nonfat. Lower in cals and higher in protein. Just dont be discouraged. It isnt as bad as u may think. Good luck and if you need any suggestions please feel free to ask me. Id be more than happy to help u.