Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what foods YOU cannot eat anymore?

Just curious to hear what foods you've tried but can't tolerate anymore.

I hear with gb you can't eat sugars (ie candy, candy bars, cake, ice cream, etc) anymore. I'm going to stick with that. I hope. I don't even want to try because if I try and I feel ok then I will eat more and get fat again.

Also, just curious, if you get a craving for something your not supposed to have can you chew it then spit it out to satisfy the craving? Obviously not taking about ice cream. Dangit. Lol

No that's defeating the purpose of having this surgery done by chewing it and spitting it out.

You must stick to your program that your surgeon and nutritionist come up with for you to be successful.

Now onto what I use to curb my cravings for sweets. I use Quest Bars. They have 20 or 21 grams of Protein in them. They are made with stevia not sugar.

They come in many flavors to enjoy. I also have sugar free Bomb Pops Popsicles. You could have sugar free Jello, or sugar free pudding and add unflavored Protein powder to it to help get in your Protein.< /p>

I also use Torani sugar free flavored syrups that are made with Splenda in my Protein drinks to kick hem up a notch in flavor. They come in many flavors and you can get them from the company or World Market if there is one in your area.

I have yet to had the craving for salty things so I can't help you there.

I wish you luck with your surgery.

Just curious to hear what foods you've tried but can't tolerate anymore.

I hear with gb you can't eat sugars (ie candy, candy bars, cake, ice cream, etc) anymore. I'm going to stick with that. I hope. I don't even want to try because if I try and I feel ok then I will eat more and get fat again.

Also, just curious, if you get a craving for something your not supposed to have can you chew it then spit it out to satisfy the craving? Obviously not taking about ice cream. Dangit. Lol

I have a major sweet tooth but after my surgery, I have not been craving sweets anymore. Matter of fact now I prefer salty things...I never use to like Peanut Butter but now I do so I have that with my 1/2 apple or 1/2 banana. I have tried a few bites of ice cream but its too sweet for me so I prefer not having it. But keep in mind i am 6 weeks out so I am still in very early stages of everything. If you want to satisfy your craving, best to have something that will satisfy it and its good for you...if you want something sweet, have something that is sugar free. Or if you want something salty, have some almonds...I think the people who have had this surgery long time back and shed more light on this topic...

I cannot eat tuna or Peanut Butter anymore.

PB rocks my belly and I can't even swallow tuna. I love them both and miss them.

Since surgery almost 6 months ago, I love salmon and tuna. My go to foods. I am still not eating bread, Pasta, and rice. Of course, diet soda is a big no no. Have to be careful of high Fiber vegetables, hard to digest. Love Atkins bars, but can't eat just one, it is off my list for now. Crackers have become a bread substitute. Love real Mayonnaise, but have decided that canola mayonnaise is not bad.

I am 7 months out of surgery. The biggest heartbreak is that I cannot eat tortillas. Actually- any type of bread I can only tolerate tiny bits. Also, most gravy's and sauces do not sit too well. A big one is beef- bad news. Even ground beef that has very low fat is bad bad bad. Ooooh....and tater tots- wont do that again!!!!

Unfortunately I can eat sweets. :(

On the flipside, I can eat large amounts of salad and vege's.

:)

I can't eat sandwiches.my fav :(

Toast the bread dont toast it doesn't matter. I can have wraps but not the same. No tuna, salmon, or fried anything. Learned that the hard way.

I struggle with white meat chicken. I chew and chew until it is like sawdust and it still comes back up.

I can't eat sweets anymore....well, let me clarify, Cookies, cakes ice cream make me feel sick; but interestingly, I can have a small piece of Hersey chocolate and do just fine. Luckily, the mini Hersey bars are perfect to satisfy my sweet tooth without completely derailing my diet.

The only other big difference is that I don't care for pre-made Protein shakes anymore. I make my own with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and love them.

I can't eat chicken or turkey unless it's ground. Any other form gives me a severe case of the 'foamies'. I also can't eat white rice or anything made with rice flour. Brown rice is okay in very small quantities.

I don't understand the "foam". I mean I know what it is but how does it happen?

I was a salad freak, and can barely tolerate 1/2 cup now. Surprisingly, chicken gives me a lot of trouble, but beef burgers and steak are fine. Ground turkey is fabulous, and I get along well with veggie products (e.g., Morningstar grillers, chik'n patties and nuggets - huge amounts of protein). I have to really steam fibrous vegetables, such as broccoli and asparagus, until they're soft. I still don't eat carbs (maybe one slice of whole-grain toast a month), and I haven't tried sugar (1) because I'm afraid I'll want it and (2) because I'm afraid of what it will do to me and (3) because I'm afraid I'll want it even after what it might do to me. I do miss soup....liquid and substance is hard to consume. All in all, it's a re-learning experience...surgery was Dec 19, and I'm down about 95 pounds.

I can't seem to eat any meat unless it's ground meat with some sauce. Salads are also hard on me but I am going to try again later on. I miss eating salads. I can eat fish which I loved before my surgery and love it now too. I can't eat bread or rice...I can handle thin sliced pizza which takes a long time to finish and have to chew it like crazy. As sweets go, I can have a few pieces of m&ms and be ok or have a small scoop of ice cream and be ok. Anything beyond that hurts and makes me ill. Now days I just eat cheese, Greek yogurt, nuts, Protein Shakes, cottage cheese, seafood and Peanut Butter. That's pretty much it.

I am 5.5 weeks out - I can't eat mixed nuts (got soooo sick!!!) or dry chicken or fish. If I mix them with mayo or a sauce, they go down fine. I have not yet tried bread, rice, or any foods with sugar - I am afraid that I will dump, or that I won't dump and I will start craving sugar!!

I don't understand the "foam". I mean I know what it is but how does it happen?

If your food is too dry and it gets 'stuck' or if you eat too much and it backs up into your esophagus, then your body produces saliva to ease the discomfort. That is 'foamies'. :-)