Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you eat today?

Breakfast 1 (6:00 am): Premier Protein chocolate shake

Breakfast 2 (8:00 am): 2 boiled eggs, 1 whole / 1 egg white only

Snack (10:00 am): 1/2 gala apple with 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter

lunch (11:45 am): small garden salad with cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cheese, and 2 oz grilled chicken

Snack (3:00 pm): 1/2 pack of Sweet and Salty Mix

[This evening I will have...]

Pre-Workout Drink: 6 ounces of Water with one scoop of N.O-Xplode

Post-Workout Drink: Premier Protein Shake

Dinner: 3 oz of a lean meat sauteed in olive oil + 1-2 oz of complex carb

So far...

Quest bar

smoothie (while shopping) :)

Steak (3oz) and spinach

Premier Protein shake. Cup of mashed potatoes thined with chicken broth. I am so full. No more tonight. I'm 5 days post surgery.

Isopure Lemon Green Tea- 20 oz

2 ounces of chili with no Beans (blended)
1 ounce of Fage 2% yogurt

2 ounces of Egg Beater's egg whites

Tonight:

Atkins Advantage Milk chocolate Delight shake, 11 oz w/powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Unflavored, 1/2 scoop added to it
2-3 ounces of Fage 2% yogurt with Raspberry Torani sauce

I'm only 2.5 weeks out so I still can't eat "real" food.

Isopure Lemon Green Tea- 20 oz

2 ounces of chili with no Beans (blended)

1 ounce of Fage 2% yogurt

2 ounces of Egg Beater's egg whites

Tonight:

Atkins Advantage Milk chocolate Delight shake, 11 oz w/unjury Unflavored, 1/2 scoop added to it

2-3 ounces of Fage 2% yogurt with Raspberry Torani sauce

I'm only 2.5 weeks out so I still can't eat "real" food.

That sounds like so much to me. It took me over an hr to drink my 11 oz shake today. Did you feel like this five days out?

Goodness! At 5 days out I was still on clear liquids! You must feel like you're about to bust!!

The 2nd half of my day:

SF hot chocolate

Veggies w/ hummus & cheddar cheese

And maybe an egg later tonight.

That sounds like so much to me. It took me over an hr to drink my 11 oz shake today. Did you feel like this five days out?

Yes, I was like that. Just to clarify, I am still sipping on the 20 ounce Protein drink.

I was on Clear liquids for the first 7 days and then full liquids until a couple days ago. Even now I blend my food until its the consistency of baby food or thinner.

Your stomach might not be ready for mashed potatoes even if they are thinned with broth so don't push it and be uncomfortable.

I do. But my instructions said on my third day I could have full liquids and blended Soup. The potatoes were runny. But I think it was still to much. I'm just uncomfortable. But I can't tell if it's the hernia repair. I just feel tight in my chest.

I do. But my instructions said on my third day I could have full liquids and blended Soup. The potatoes were runny. But I think it was still to much. I'm just uncomfortable. But I can't tell if it's the hernia repair. I just feel tight in my chest.

All doctors' instructions are different but I can confidently say that at 5 days out, I couldn't have handled more than broth and Clear Liquids.< /p>

I had a hernia repair too.

Good luck!

Premier Protein shake. Cup of mashed potatoes thined with chicken broth. I am so full. No more tonight. I'm 5 days post surgery.

you are five days post op and already get potatoes. My dr is so strick

you are five days post op and already get potatoes. My dr is so strick

Probably shouldn't have had them. I think I'm gonna go back to broth tomorrow. Potatoes were a little much I have found out through suggestions and my hurting chest.

dinner ended up consisting of 3 oz of grilled chicken breast (cooked with mesquite-love the flavor!) and lightly sautéed squash & zucchini.

I think every surgery and every surgeon is different and has different guidelines on what to do before and after the surgery. So best to stick with what the doc says. After my gastric bypass, I was on a 10 day liquid diet (only liquids, including Protein shakes), then the second 10 days were all mushy foods, pureed foods which would include mashed potatoes, unsweetened apple sauce, eggs, hot cereals, blended Soups, Protein shakes, tuna, puddings etc etc..and then after that, it would be soft foods firm tofu, seafood, thin sliced deli meeds, toast, crackers, Beans, peas and well cooked Pasta but must meet 75grams of Proteins. Then 2 months down the road I would be able to more of soft foods.

But its also been said that you can introduce foods to your stomach and see how you feel. But to be honest, just meeting the goals of Protein is tough and you can only eat small amounts of food so best to get all the good stuff in vs. bad foods like sweets and carbs. Today, first thing I had for food was a thin sliced deli meat with Dijion mustard, then had a bite of my mom's cabbage dish, had a tablespoon of Peanut Butter, later in the day had 1/2 an apple with another tablespoon of Peanut Butter, then for dinner, we had some hard shell tacos and the meat we used was turkey. I had one hard shell taco with turkey and cheese which took me a while to eat. And then for snacking after dinner, I had some almonds and I am full. Am drinking lots of Water through out the day and before I sleep...

Breakfast: 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Snack: click Protein coffee w/ Water & skim milk

Lunch: 1/4 apple w/ 2 TBS Greek yogurt/pb2 dip, 1 slice turkey deli meat, 1 wedge laughing cow lite and 2 club crackers

Snack: 1 oz cashews

Dinner: 1/3 cup casserole (spaghetti squash, Pasta Sauce, ground turkey and cottage cheese)

Snack: click protein coffee (same)

Total: 784 calories, 72 g protein