Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My story so far :). I was sleeved on Tuesday, everything went smoothly they said. I was feeling good on Wednesday, able to tolerate PO liquid pain meds and small sips of Protein Shakes. They sent me home with instructions to follow my full liquid diet x14 days. I noticed Thursday AM that the nausea was pretty intense- even with the PO Prilosec. I was only able to do small sips and barely managed to get 20 grams of Protein in :(. By that evening I had dry heaved & was convinced I had caused a leak. I was in tears and kept saying "what have I done"- but my husband was a trooper. After checking to see that I had no temp, he called the surgeon. The surgeon called in a script for dissolvable Zofran pills at 11pm that night.

What a miracle those little pills have been!! Yesterday and today I have managed to slowly increase my intake. I am sipping on Protein shakes, and making creamed Soups with a scoop of powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder added. I have also had sugar free pudding and Popsicles. I have to force myself to drink Water, but am doing better by adding Crystal Light. What is everyone else eating?

I am amazed at how people have gone back to work so quickly, I get worn out just showering and taking small walks! I think I will be using the full 6 weeks of leave my surgeon put on my HR paperwork.

I am so thankful for these boards- when I was in full out pity party mode, reading other's posts helped snap me out of it :).

I had my surgery on Tuesday as well. I haven't been nauseous but have had some heartburn. My doctor lets you start soft foods right away. I realize I have to eat little bits every few hours to keep the heartburn at bay. I've been doing thinned cream of wheat, chicken Soup, and sipping unjury chocolate splendor with some skim milk. I'm definitely feeling better that I am eating a little. It seems like Water gives me the most heartburn. I've been trying sugar free Powerade. I only take in a small amount but I keep at it. I have to be back at work on Monday so I'm trying to make sure I have the energy. I wish I could take more time. I'm taking it one day at a time. Good Luck to you! You seem to be doing awesome!!

Same here CSW, sleeved in Monday, my doc has me only on Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids. The bloating and gas is awful -- and God knows I'm doing my walking. Yesterday I increased my Protein shakes instead of broth, i take little sips at Breakfast, lunch and dinnertime, then do Water and SF Jello in between. I def feel better after increasing my protein intake! I guess my new tummy likes the nutrition. I plan on returning to work in 3 weeks.

Be well everyone, feel better soon!!!!

I had my sleeve on weds and I said I am ready to go to work I have been on Protein Shakes liquid diet since thurs and feeling pretty good besides the gas issue everyone thinks I am nuts for going back so soon.

Sleeved Tuesday. Cool to see how many of us were sleeved at the same time. I feel like with my program I'm constantly having to drink and eat. It takes me a good hour to get down an 8 oz Protein Shake. my program recommends 60-80 g of Protein per day and at least 64 oz of Water so with how long it takes me to drink/eat I have to be on quite a strict schedule. The gas is the worst!

I was sleeved Tuesday as well! I feel some energy coming back from time to time, my pain meds are all gone but I don't feel like I really need them tok much so I'm okay with it. I can eat thinned down cream of wheat with Splenda, carnation instant breakfast sugar free, thinned pudding with Protein Powder, and my Premier Protein shakes. It's very slow going with everything though and I can't eat more than a 1/4 a cup of the more solid foods and 1/2 cup of my Protein Shakes at a time. I eat out of a measuring cup and with baby spoons so I don't get carried away and eat too big of bites. I have found I don't tolerate anything savory except for mashed potatoes thinned with skim milk and unflavored Protein powder added, however those taste so good I almost eat them too fast so then don't tolerate them. Tonight I found nothing would go down easy so I gave up and went to bed. It's nice to hear from other May 6th sleevers who are going through the same thing!

I'm planning on going back to work Monday. I haven't had Protein drinks yet but I'm starting tomorrow.

I am in awe of you, there is no way I could go back to work yet! I went to the grocery store yesterday with the hubby to get a few things, while we were in the check out line I became very lightheaded- felt better once I got home and laid down for a bit. I have been doing a Protein shake 3x daily, and making the recipes the dietician gave me for high Protein SF pudding and Soups. I love sugar free jello!

I'm trying to walk every day, just a little more each day. How are you all doing?

I have found I don't tolerate anything savory except for mashed potatoes thinned with skim milk and unflavored Protein powder added, however those taste so good I almost eat them too fast!

I am looking forward to those! My surgeon has me on full liquids for 14 days, then puréed x 14 days, then soft.

I bought the Premier Protein shakes from costco for post-op, but am finding that I tolerate the HMR Protein Shakes from my weight loss center better. I'm bummed because the HMR has less Protein, but the dietician gave me some recipes that allow me to use skim milk & fruit in the shakes that still fall under full liquid umbrella.

I was sleeved Wednesday the 7th and feel pretty good. I walk and garden and do light housekeeping. I'm really tired though. My large incision hurts like a mutha! My stomach bubbles a lot. I'm taking 6 weeks just cause I can.

I was sleeved on the 5th. Feeling so much better than last week. Today I went for a 2 mile walk! I started on puréed foods and Protein Shakes yesterday. The 1st time it took me 45 mins to get down 2 tablespoons of food, but I can already see that improving. I just drank 5 oz. of a Protein Shake without issue. I made cauliflower mashed potatoes yesterday and that was really good. Breakfast has been yogurt and applesauce. I am sleeping through the night now and back in my own bed. I go back to work next Monday (two weeks post op). Still so amazed that I am not hungry. Has anyone tried cottage cheese yet?

I was sleeved on the 5th. Feeling so much better than last week. Today I went for a 2 mile walk! I started on puréed foods and Protein Shakes yesterday. The 1st time it took me 45 mins to get down 2 tablespoons of food, but I can already see that improving. I just drank 5 oz. of a Protein Shake without issue. I made cauliflower mashed potatoes yesterday and that was really good. Breakfast has been yogurt and applesauce. I am sleeping through the night now and back in my own bed. I go back to work next Monday (two weeks post op). Still so amazed that I am not hungry. Has anyone tried cottage cheese yet?

Wow you're doing awesome!!! I still feel hunger from time to time but I've heard that's somewhat normal. I didn't start feeling hunger until these last few days. It's nothing like before surgery though. I don't think I can do purée yet, but I'm going to call and find out for sure because I really want to move on to purée. :)

I was sleeved on the 5th. Feeling so much better than last week. Today I went for a 2 mile walk! I started on puréed foods and Protein shakes yesterday. The 1st time it took me 45 mins to get down 2 tablespoons of food, but I can already see that improving. I just drank 5 oz. of a Protein shake without issue. I made cauliflower mashed potatoes yesterday and that was really good. Breakfast has been yogurt and applesauce. I am sleeping through the night now and back in my own bed. I go back to work next Monday (two weeks post op). Still so amazed that I am not hungry. Has anyone tried cottage cheese yet?

Wow you're doing awesome!!! I still feel hunger from time to time but I've heard that's somewhat normal. I didn't start feeling hunger until these last few days. It's nothing like before surgery though. I don't think I can do purée yet, but I'm going to call and find out for sure because I really want to move on to purée. :)

I've been feeling hungry as well. I also seem to have no problems drinking Water or Protein Shakes. I'm a little worried about this. I hope this works for me! Good Luck!!