Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The truth about me good and bad

Well I have decided to write about my post op journey. I had the sleeve back in July 2013 and its now May 2014, and I have regained 20lbs. The constant stress at home, work, and the fact I can’t afford to get a gym membership is really hurting my bulge. The pre op journey I was so motivated that I used to post on the forum under a different name but later, I had to let it go because I left Facebook alone and, I couldn’t find out how to make a stand alone account.

I really don’t have any point to make I just want to remind those that are having the surgery that you must be prepared for the woes that life throws at you. I had the Gastric sleeve surgery done so I would be healthier not skinny but that wouldn’t hurt (lol). I know there are things I can do to jump start my weight loss and I have started by dropping a bad habit I have. I think since I’m ready to lose the bad habit the pounds should start falling off again.

So please do remember that even when you can do not eat and drink at the same time, trust me you will just eat more than you know. Don’t get caught up with depression and let that be a reason you make yourself feel like a failure. My problems are not yours and I’m sure you probably share a similar fate if you have found yourself on the fantastic voyage of weight loss.

I’m giving myself 6 months to make my goal weight and after that I will just not let the scales or the body image bother me so much. Thank you for reading and thoughts or comments please do post .

Thanks for having the courage to remind us that life still happens and it can be hard. You do get really gung ho and excited pre-op.... that's me right now nerves and all but when the honeymoon ends we gotta find new excitement and keep going. Take care and come back and chat

Best of luck on your continued journey to be healthy. You can do it!

Thank you for this! Good luck, don't give up, if you can't afford a gym ( and I can totally relate), walk daily, increasing the lengths daily, buy a Zumba cd and do it at home, you've gone too far to let a mere 20lbs bring you down! Good Luck!!

Thanks for having the courage to remind us that life still happens and it can be hard. You do get really gung ho and excited pre-op.... that's me right now nerves and all but when the honeymoon ends we gotta find new excitement and keep going. Take care and come back and chat

That is true we have to keep ourselves motivated through it all. It was such a rush to get everything done so I could get the surgery but,at times I feel like I'm just going to live an unhealthy lifestyle no matter what. I will keep my head up,and trying to make better choices. (:

Thank you everyone for the support. By finding this forum during my pre op was the reason why I choose to go ahead with my surgery. Some people have lost several pounds pretty fast. My body is the type either I gain really fast and loose really fast. I just have trouble maintaining my weight. It seems just like yesterday that I was getting ready for my surgery. Once again, thank you all for reading this.

you can learn to manage your stress without food. it requires effort and commitment, but it can be done. google "stress reduction" "stress management" "relaxation training."

good luck!

May I ask, is drinking whilst you're eating the bad habit you need to break - or is it something else?

Thank you for this! Good luck, don't give up, if you can't afford a gym ( and I can totally relate), walk daily, increasing the lengths daily, buy a Zumba cd and do it at home, you've gone too far to let a mere 20lbs bring you down! Good Luck!!

Thank you I will continue to fight the weight loss battle, I didn't have this life changing surgery for nothing. My life is just full of stressors and I think I just need the

motivation to get back on the wagon.

Edited by fred2014

you can learn to manage your stress without food. it requires effort and commitment, but it can be done. google "stress reduction" "stress management" "relaxation training."

good luck!

Thank you for the

research you have done I will check it out, (:

May I ask, is drinking whilst you're eating the bad habit you need to break - or is it something else?

Yes and yes, I have a bit of an additctive personailty that chooses to dibble and dabble in a drinking and and eating a lot. I feel bloated and hungry at the same time drives me nuts.... I'm working on seperating the two. I have done so good untill as of late to get on the wrong side.

Best of luck on your continued journey to be healthy. You can do it!

Thank you for your kind words.