Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2014 Sleevers

Sleeved along with a hernia 5/12/14.

Down 17 lbs. since surgery.

There are good days, bad days and I wish I had never did this days.

I do great with the sipping - though it was hard getting used to it at first.

I am still uncomfortable - not in severe pain - just uncomfortable.

I walk daily and just progressed to puréed food - it's not too bad. The shakes can be a little nauseating at times - I have to have 3 a day.

Summer is coming and after struggling with my weight most of my life I am looking forward to the progress I am making.

Sleeved along with a hernia 5/12/14. Down 17 lbs. since surgery. There are good days, bad days and I wish I had never did this days. I do great with the sipping - though it was hard getting used to it at first. I am still uncomfortable - not in severe pain - just uncomfortable. I walk daily and just progressed to puréed food - it's not too bad. The shakes can be a little nauseating at times - I have to have 3 a day. Summer is coming and after struggling with my weight most of my life I am looking forward to the progress I am making.

. I was also sleeved on the 12th and I have days where my energy is high then it drops, been walking but I must agree I'm so sick of Protein Shakes but I won't complain I'm down 21 pounds I don't have a scale in the house which I'm so happy for I think I would weigh myself to much, I might weigh myself on Tuesday since I just got weighed this Tuesday at the doc office, congrats on your loss we are going to be summer ready watch out now

</p></blockquote>hi Doll I was May 12th as well but I had no drain my only problem was gas I stayed 3 days because I wasn't getting enuf liquids in
<br><br> Hey butterfly! Is it ok if I friend you? You're the first May 12th sleever I see besides me so far! You're lucky you have no drain, I think it's made this recovery a bit harder for sure. And the gas? I still have it, mostly because I can't go walking around with this drain, it's too painful! How are you getting your liquids in? Any tips? I just feel so full all the time!

I was sleeved may 13th. No drain. Minimal incision pain. But having a hard time swallowing still. I don't get but maybe 30 grams of Protein in daily, if that. It's tough when it takes all day to drink a 10oz Protein shake.

<br><br> Hey butterfly! Is it ok if I friend you? You're the first May 12th sleever I see besides me so far! You're lucky you have no drain, I think it's made this recovery a bit harder for sure. And the gas? I still have it, mostly because I can't go walking around with this drain, it's too painful! How are you getting your liquids in? Any tips? I just feel so full all the time!
I was sleeved may 13th. No drain. Minimal incision pain. But having a hard time swallowing still. I don't get but maybe 30 grams of Protein in daily, if that. It's tough when it takes all day to drink a 10oz protein shake.yes doll pls do, how do you friend someone

I'm only two days out. I am up to a little over 1/2 mile. I break this up between morning and evening. But since I am normally at work, I'm a little stir crazy. Pain meds help the soreness but make me sleepy so when I'm not walking, I'm laying down. I just sat in a chair for 30 mins. Very uncomfortable.

Hey girl hope your feeling ok me I'm doing ok like I keep saying ready to ditch this darn drain my appt is Fri@9:00 what about you?

Lady, I am so ready to ditch the drain too. I go Friday at 10:00 am. I've had to change the dressing everyday since I got cleared for showers as it gets wet. It's so awkward. I mean getting dress is a challenge daily. And I hate hate hate broth!!!!! I never want to see it again unless I'm putting it in a recipe, lol. Other than that I'm doing okay. I'm not stressing, just getting liquids in. I can't wait until Wednesday got my Greek yogurt and cream Soup ready. I don't mind eating a couple bites, I'm good with that. I just can't wait to heal so I can actually eat a couple bites. Lol lol

Has anyone Experience random side pain n Incision burning?

Got sleeve 5-19-14

I get stinging in my belly button incision not burning. I also get some side pain, I'm sure it fron the one comfortable position I could sleep in for the first 3 days. I put too much weight there. My breast are also really heavy, so sleeping on my side may have caused that pressure. Yours may be gas, you would be surprised, it does some weird things to shoulders and sides. Try some gas x and walking it may stop the pain.

Ok thanks cherry tree

Lady, I am so ready to ditch the drain too. I go Friday at 10:00 am. I've had to change the dressing everyday since I got cleared for showers as it gets wet. It's so awkward. I mean getting dress is a challenge daily. And I hate hate hate broth!!!!! I never want to see it again unless I'm putting it in a recipe, lol. Other than that I'm doing okay. I'm not stressing, just getting liquids in. I can't wait until Wednesday got my Greek yogurt and cream Soup ready. I don't mind eating a couple bites, I'm good with that. I just can't wait to heal so I can actually eat a couple bites. Lol lol

I'm soooooo hungry can't wait till Wed., imma eat chicken noodle soup and sugar free pudding so tempted to eat it now but I just keep saying only 2 more days!!!

Lol lol lol I'm sitting here ready to cry. I'm not hungry, I just miss the texture of food. This ish is hard!! Lol, I drank a Protein Shake today no problem. I poured half over ice and then the other half over ice an hour later and it went down fine. I WANT THE pudding SOOOOO BAD, LOL LOL LOL. I'm really not hungry, just tired of Water, brother and icee. Lol lol. Everyone of my neighbors is BBQ and it smells good everywhere! I can't wait until I can have a little bite of turkey burger. Lol

When you have surgery?

I will be sleeved on the 30th of May!! I started the 2 week liquid diet today! This should be fun...

Woohoo! You're almost here!

I will be sleeved on the 30th as well!! ???? started my two week preop diet the 16th, can't wait for Friday!! Good luck!!! Praying for a speedy recovery for all.