Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been MIA a while. In a bit of a frustrated rut.

I haven't been on this site for a good long time. Life and family issues have kept me from doing much online.

I have been moving right along with the band though! I am 3 months away from my 2 year Bandiversary. I am down 130 lbs and feeling awesome.

HOWEVER. I feel just....stuck. Not food stuck. In a rut stuck. I am bored with foods. I am stuck in the 173-175 lb range and can't break through to start losing again. I am not drinking nearly enough Water. Exercise isn't happening. I have bat wings for arms and could probably fly if I fell off a building. Loose skin on my inner thighs and stomach area too.

The strange thing is......I am happier than I have ever been with the results I have gotten. I feel good. I am starting to feel like I look good.

However, I also have the flip side where I am just sad about the things that I am not doing yet can't motivate myself.

Did ANY of that make sense to ANYONE at all? :(

I did Lori...you are a bit in the dumps!!! I am probably not the best one to answer your post, but want you to know that where you are right now I was feeling before I was banded...it is not a good place to be. You have gotten way farther than lots of people. I am not sure what has you so discouraged, but know we are out here just to listen and maybe help you get motivated again.

I am a newbie at this...about 4 months out...have only lost 40 lbs so far and am at a stall that has lasted awhile now, but I go get my 3rd fill Thursday and hoping that it will be the magic one, if not then I will wait for my next one.

It is hard when you get depressed...and I know that you are almost 2 years out...but have you thought of maybe starting a new exercise program? I personally have not been exercising for over 3 yrs and just (the past three days) started riding on my new trike and going to the pool to do some walking. I am flabby too and I'm only started can only think of what I will look like, but I just want the weight off and feel better.

Some days are harder than others...but I am thankful for each one I have. I hope you continue to post to keep me up on your day's and let me know if you think of doing something new...exercise actually get's me in a good mood. You hang in there dear one...let me know if you need anything okay!!! You will get out of this rut...I can just feel it!!! :D

glad you are back, have missed you ♥

look at a before picture of yourself....remember her?

now look at the picture in your profile....can you say SEXY?

can you say HOTT? i see it and say i wanna be like her

That is your motivation GF

you are a success..

so drink MORE as you know you need to

and i got bat wings and a stomach/thigh that could make

you go blind if you saw it on me (i am tan however LOL)

i dont have to suggest ways for you to be a success

as you already are..you are happy and i feel ya....but

continue the path/journey of eating/living and enjoy

this foundation of wellness the WLS we have gave us

carolinagirl I was just about to say that to Lori after I looked at her profile...Hot Babe as my grandson would say...LOLRH!!! you both hang in there...you are both awesome...I'm getting there!!! one baby step at a time!!! ;)

Wow! Just wow! You are doing beautifully. Thanks for dropping by and giving the rest of us a huge dose of inspiration. I know what you mean about this happiness. For me when the band went on and the appetite monster finally shut up, I felt this overwhelming sense of relief. Peace with food and happiness with myself after all those years of besting myself up for not being able to stay on a diet, or regaining everything I lost and then some, etc. It is so wonderful to be right where I am in my body even though I have fifty more to lose. I guess complacency is its own battle. It does get a little tiresome, that's for sure and maybe some of us have to gear up for the next round -- let our bodies stabilize and then suit up for another charge ahead.

Maybe there's a different drink that would appeal to you more. I fill 32 ounce glass juice bottles with Water then add aloe (which I need for my digestion and trying to clear joint pain) and a splash of unsweetened cranberry. Sometimes I put in a little liquid Steevia if I want something sweet. I try to drink three of these per day and probably average two. There are lots of herbal teas out there. I like cold ginger tea a lot. Maybe you just need the right drink for you.

As far as exercise, are you on MFP? I don't track food because I was such a restricter and I don't want to be in a diet mentality (yippee, not on a diet!), but I do like to track my weigh-in and exercise there. Gives a little lift to record that walk or work-out, etc. If you want to friend me on MFP I am sabinadublin. I think all my peeps there are from LB. It's very cool to watch some one start with ten minutes and then be doing fifty a couple of months later. I'm hoping to exercise more now that the longest winter ever is finally behind us. There's that -- Illinois? Ugh, as bad or worse than here in NH and I don't know how we made it through. I think once we really believe it's not going to snow again we will all be dancing in the streets. That's great exercise, I hear.

Best wishes to you and really, you are amazing! Don't forget to pat yourself in the back for all you've done.

Edited by Bandista

Lori, I can relate. I have just over 2 years banded. I have lost 105 lbs. Weigh 188 lbs now & am feeling 'stuck' as well. Am bored with food most days & spend a great deal of time on-line searching for recipes to break this boredom. I have exercised a little along the way but am finding it hard to find the motivation right now.

Honestly, for me, I think the key is to keep going as is (maintaining) until I can summons the motivation. There's nothing anyone can say to motivate me. I just have to keep looking for it within myself.

Probably not much help but you are not alone! :)

Don't be too hard on yourself. You have done great so far. It will be two months since my lap band surgery. I have lost 27 lbs which doesn't seem like a lot but I'm feeling 100% better. Even only after two months I've been a little bored about my meal planning. I need Breakfast ideas!!!

Lipton has a peach green ice-tea (no calorie) where I live. Arby's also carries it. It really quenches my thirst.

slhart in Indiana

come on Lori, you have lost a whole person. I know some days I think I sure would like to just say to hell with this weight thing and be "normal". The benefits of losing weight are so great compared to being obese. There are surgeries that will remove excess skin and while none of us want to go through more surgery, it might be an option for your bat wings and thighs. I have also gotten stalled since the first of the year, too many holidays, stress from husband's health issues, etc. but I am resolved to finish the job. You look great and maybe if you get into a support group it would help. Most bariatric centers have support groups . I'm not a good one to give advice on exercise but now that the weather is better here I hope to start a good walking program. I can walk at least a mile a day to the mailbox and back. (we live in the Country). I found that reading post from CG and TMF and some of the other regulars on here helps motivate me. Take care sweetie and get back your mojo.

Thank you all SOOOOO very much! I can't begin to tell you how much your words mean to me. I think I have just become overwhelmed with stress from work and my daughter's on going depression.....and it just has me down right now. I think I just need to find the recharge button and get myself back on track mentally.

I REALLY need to find a way to get exercise in my life. I am so very tired by the time I get home from work every day that I have no motivation. I work talking on the phone all day, so my lunch is spent trying to eat without rushing it. I think I need to find something I can eat while walking at lunch.< /p>

Thank you all again for the compliments and words of encouragement. Sometimes I just need to vent to someone who UNDERSTANDS. :)

Lori, you've done a great job. Hang in there. I lost close about 60lbs and then have been stuck for more than 3 1/2 years (loss stopped 8 months after surgery) and have been up and down the same 5-6lbs ever since. Got another fill recently, which has helped me get past that and I hope the loss continues. It has definitely given me way more restriction. Personally, I've got to get back better on to the exercising though. I'd taken a break from regular lunchtime workouts. Will start back on Monday though. That should help and will try to start drinking more Water. It takes me forever to drink a glass of anything.

I dont get bored with my eating habits, but I have idea for those that do. Have you ever thought of joining some sort of "cooking exchange " , maybe with other WLS people in your area ??? Maybe you could connect through your local support group, and each of you cook/exchange x amount of healthy meals monthly or weekly. That way you'd get a larger variety of good food and some local support from other WLS people too. (I know what you're thinking............ now why did'nt I think of that ?? Is there a smiley face for that ??)