Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctors wants me to do 3 weeks of liquid diet but I am thinking I am only going to do 2 because I am going crazy I need something else I miss chewing ughhh what do you guys think ?

Follow your doctor's protocol. It's hard but it is important. I had seven weeks on liquids total. It wasn't easy all the time, but it helped build some discipline I need now that I'm on solids and have a band fill. Good luck.

Follow what your surgeon says it's very important.

The reason you have to do this is to reduce your liver for surgery to make it easier for the surgeon to get to your stomach.

Remember that after surgery you will be on liquids for a few weeks to help your new sleeve to heal. Your sleeve is delicate and takes months for it to heal properly.

I know this even though I had gastric bypass I was first preparing for the sleeve and didn't change procedures until two weeks before surgery.

Please don't cut corners here you need to do this for everything to go right with surgery.

I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery.

oh i already had surgery lol i am sorry i should have stated that , i am 12 days post op i had the sleeve

Follow what your surgeon says it's very important.

The reason you have to do this is to reduce your liver for surgery to make it easier for the surgeon to get to your stomach.

Remember that after surgery you will be on liquids for a few weeks to help your new sleeve to heal. Your sleeve is delicate and takes months for it to heal properly.

I know this even though I had gastric bypass I was first preparing for the sleeve and didn't change procedures until two weeks before surgery.

Please don't cut corners here you need to do this for everything to go right with surgery.

I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery.

Follow your surgeon's directions, I can't stress how important that is. There are reasons why they want you on liquids, your stomach needs to heal .... plus you lose weight - isn't that what you wanted ?

Also.... if you eat solids too soon you may have some really bad pains - its not worth it!!!

Greetings and best wishes from Northern Silver Spring/Burtonsville. How are you doing?!

I was on the full liquid diet (full allows SF/FF yogurt and pudding and strained LF cream soups) for nearly six week after surgery. It was frustrating, be certainly doable. I wanted something to chew, but I was perfectly healthy and not hungry. You can do it!

Every doctor is different. Mine will require 2 weeks.