Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All!!! People can be evil!!! even Love ones!!!! I have type 2 diabetes, kidney issues, liver issues, and I'm 33. I want to LIVE LONGER for my husband and child. I will do this surgery no matter what!! But why do folks feel the need to say

" Oh you taking the EASY WAY OUT" ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! That strikes a nerve in the worst way!!!!

Is it really the easy way...because last I checked being overweight since I was 5 has been difficult! Having any surgery is not a walk at the park....especially recuperating... Having this disease is NOT AT ALL EASY!!!! if LOSING WEIGHT AND EATING HABITS would disappear than fine that would be easy but it's NOT!

This time around I'm hesitant to tell folks what I'm doing because of the STUPID comments......

Your thoughts please!!!

C'mon......it's just the idea of people not understanding the whole story that is really bugging us about that "Easy" crack.

In truth, losing the weight is easier than any efforts I made before......not to mention I'm actually changing my lifestyle and eating healthy this time.

OK, OK..... I know there is the whole "life risking" surgery thing and recovery pain and mini meals and no gulping and tenny bites and chewing endlessly and loss of taste and and and. Plus there is still that reality that I have to change my eating habits to eat less......and healthy and exercise and take Vitamins and pretty much everything that any other weight loss would entail........So where is the easy part.

Who cares what anybody says or thinks. You not going to change their minds or way of thinking.

All I care about is reaching my goal and regaining my health and my life. Convincing others of how I got there is of no consequence. When someone comments to me about the Easy way out.....I just say....."Yep, I shoulda done it years ago" ;)

Heck no I didn't tell anyone. .only family, but they were against it. I stuck to my plans, cause I was the one feel the knee pain and the low self esteem affect of being overweight. I hated the way I look. Tired ALL The Time No Energy , can't play in yard with my boys. I got tired of the way I look and how I felt. I'm only going on 3wks post op, losing very slowly, but I'm dealing with it..starting weight was 242lbs. .down only 6lbs..but I lost soooo much inches already. .I can actually for once in a very long time look forward to summer. Didn't tell friends, coworkers. .HECK NO..

First and formost you need to do what is best for you. Some people tend to make rude comments and most of them have no ideas as to what they are talking about. There is nothing easy about changing our habits or life style. I have heard a few unneeded comments but i did it for me not others approveal. Best of luck hun.

Heck no I didn't tell anyone. .only family, but they were against it. I stuck to my plans, cause I was the one feel the knee pain and the low self esteem affect of being overweight. I hated the way I look. Tired ALL The Time No Energy , can't play in yard with my boys. I got tired of the way I look and how I felt. I'm only going on 3wks post op, losing very slowly, but I'm dealing with it..starting weight was 242lbs. .down only 6lbs..but I lost soooo much inches already. .I can actually for once in a very long time look forward to summer. Didn't tell friends, coworkers. .HECK NO..

Fantastic. Congratulations!

I will be 5 months on May 11th, so far to my face I have only had one person say that to me, it took everything I had not to punch her in the face,.. she is stupid & ignorant because she made a stupid uneducated comment like we all have done in our life...

Look I know this isn't the easy way out and really don't care what anyone else says... I didn't do it for them, I did it for me, and that is the only opinion that I care about anymore (well and my husbands LOL)

All of us "sleevers" know what we have had to go through to get here, WE ALL KNOW this wasn't the easy way - it was the only way... this is what WE had to do to get healthy. And if our family/friends/coworkers don't understand it, that fine - they don't have to cause its not their life... we all have had to deal with the negativity of being over weight... now we are being judged for trying to get healthy - people are just so ignorant... I am down ALMOST 75 lbs... I couldn't be happier!! I am fitting into clothes that haven't fit in 10 years... easy or not... NO ONE can take that away from me... Cause I wont let anyone have that power over me ever again - I wish you all the happiness in the world with your new tummy!!! your sleeve family will be here judgment free! (because we all took the easy way HAHHAHA!!!)

I had the same fears about being criticised for choosing weight loss surgery. And I didn't want anyone to know I was doing it. But I finally went through with the surgery after asking myself 2 questions I use when making a major decision:

1. Do I want to be in this situation a year from now?

2. What am I willing to do to get out of this?

It took me 20+ years before I realized I was not going to be able to lose weight on my own. And yes, it felt like a failure on my part. After all, we've been conditioned by TV, movies, parents, and our role models to believe that we can do anything we want if only we'll put in the effort.

It was the toughest decision of my life. And I even backed out on my 1st attempt. But it was also the best decision I've ever made.

I have no easy answer as to how to deal with the fear of being criticized. I can only tell you that once I made the final decision, I was committed in my mind and I was ready to tell anyone that didn't like it they could do a "cranial rectal inversion!"

post-147109-0-19231800-1399219208_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I have at least 1 friend who believes this (it's discouraging me from letting people know I'm thinking about surgery).

Day 4 post op and I can honestly say there is nothing EASY about this! People can be so ignorant.

Thanks..you rock!!!! you are absolutely right!!! The thicker skin in me will have to grow!!! Hope I don't throw something at them first....hahahaha!!!

C'mon......it's just the idea of people not understanding the whole story that is really bugging us about that "Easy" crack.

In truth, losing the weight is easier than any efforts I made before......not to mention I'm actually changing my lifestyle and eating healthy this time.

OK, OK..... I know there is the whole "life risking" surgery thing and recovery pain and mini meals and no gulping and tenny bites and chewing endlessly and loss of taste and and and. Plus there is still that reality that I have to change my eating habits to eat less......and healthy and exercise and take Vitamins and pretty much everything that any other weight loss would entail........So where is the easy part.

Who cares what anybody says or thinks. You not going to change their minds or way of thinking.

All I care about is reaching my goal and regaining my health and my life. Convincing others of how I got there is of no consequence. When someone comments to me about the Easy way out.....I just say....."Yep, I shoulda done it years ago" ;)

Love your comment and positive feed back!!! Bad ass!!!! Lol!!! Thank you...I really do need this...my sister and brother are oppose and say stupid things to me...granted I can beat them up but that would be to "easy" !!!!! ;)

I will be 5 months on May 11th, so far to my face I have only had one person say that to me, it took everything I had not to punch her in the face,.. she is stupid & ignorant because she made a stupid uneducated comment like we all have done in our life...

Look I know this isn't the easy way out and really don't care what anyone else says... I didn't do it for them, I did it for me, and that is the only opinion that I care about anymore (well and my husbands LOL)

All of us "sleevers" know what we have had to go through to get here, WE ALL KNOW this wasn't the easy way - it was the only way... this is what WE had to do to get healthy. And if our family/friends/coworkers don't understand it, that fine - they don't have to cause its not their life... we all have had to deal with the negativity of being over weight... now we are being judged for trying to get healthy - people are just so ignorant... I am down ALMOST 75 lbs... I couldn't be happier!! I am fitting into clothes that haven't fit in 10 years... easy or not... NO ONE can take that away from me... Cause I wont let anyone have that power over me ever again - I wish you all the happiness in the world with your new tummy!!! your sleeve family will be here judgment free! (because we all took the easy way HAHHAHA!!!)

Yes the weight comes off easier but your head still thinks the same!!! I still want to sit down and have a burger and fries! Thing is before I would have just done it now I know I can't do it but it doesn't make me want it less!!! This is not the "easy" way out under any circumstances!!

Hi All!!! People can be evil!!! even Love ones!!!! I have type 2 diabetes, kidney issues, liver issues, and I'm 33. I want to LIVE LONGER for my husband and child. I will do this surgery no matter what!! But why do folks feel the need to say

" Oh you taking the EASY WAY OUT" ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! That strikes a nerve in the worst way!!!!

Is it really the easy way...because last I checked being overweight since I was 5 has been difficult! Having any surgery is not a walk at the park....especially recuperating... Having this disease is NOT AT ALL EASY!!!! if LOSING WEIGHT AND EATING HABITS would disappear than fine that would be easy but it's NOT!

This time around I'm hesitant to tell folks what I'm doing because of the STUPID comments......

Your thoughts please!!!

That's the reason I don't want to share it with many people...just with my husband, sister and my best aunty... I have a good support from them and the 'friends' don't matter. I only need people to encourage me as I get very nervous getting close to the big day...good luck and ignore them

There is nothing easy about WLS. I educated the people I told before they could form a negative opinion because I know what is best for me.

If they ever bring up the word easy to me I will ask if they truly think having 85% of your stomach removed and permanently changing your food in take is easy. What about drinking your meals for a month? What about constantly making sure you have enough Protein in your diet or that you are taking your myriad of Vitamins everyday? What about giving up soda and beer for life? Not to mention all NSAID pain relievers which have always been the only pain meds that have worked for me? And besides that to be truly successful with this I still have to exercise like any other person on a weight loss journey... So please enlighten me on which part of this is easy?

If someone says that to you again you should let them know that having that mindset it taking the easy way out by not recognizing that it took a lot of research and hard work even to make the brave decision that you did.

i didn't tell anyone other than my husband. not even my children. It's nobody's business. There was nothing easy about the surgery. I did fine with it….first three day were not easy. There is something to be said about "silence is golden"!