Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Suzzzie as you see from my last post you are not alone. I have only lost two pounds in the last six months. I understand the whole ice cream thing. Some nights I cannot get supper down at all but I can eat a pint of ice cream without a problem. I have read some where that cold things go down easier than hot/warm things. They said that cold things makes the opening bigger and warm things make it smaller. I guess that is why it is really easy to eat ice cream.

I fully sympathise with all of you... this really wasn't as easy as I imagined it would be! I know that everyone said "it's just a tool" but I still thought that it'd be easier than this!

The most amazing thing about the band in my opinion is that with the right amount of fill it seems almost impossible to put weight on... which is just so great, but to lose weight you still need to make good choices, eat hardly anything, fight all the old "head hunger" demons and excercise!

I have lost soooo slowly. And to loose anything these days I have to have a couple of months off trying, psych myself into it and then make a huge effort to lose another 1-2kgs before having another couple of months off to recover! Luckily the weight lost during that time seems to stay off... it's the only thing that's worked for me.

Good luck... keep on battling, it will be worth it in the end!

Hey guys, checkin´in from Guatemala. I find I am not obsessing over food at all but enjoying the day instead. I have no idea whether I have lost weight or not. I think not. I tell ya, this lapband thing isn´t quite what I hoped. My fatal mistake was starting to drink Hot Drinks with meals to get more down. Still, it was the catalyst for a lot of changes in my life. I might not lose faith yet!

I am going to catch up on the posts now. I hope all you guys are well. Even the lurkers.

PS That puppy is so cute. Mewants. Danbo, Thailand is on my itinerary but it´s my last stop before going back to Australia. At least 8 months away methinks. Who knows, maybe you´ll be there.

Hi everyone. Just checking in. I miss this forum as a source of support and information. I suppose we're all on our own now and should know how the band works and how to use it to accomplish our goals. Still it is good to know how everyone is doing and if the band is still a good decision, your ups and downs, highs and lows.

I found a local support group, and attended my first meeting in April. Last night I forced myself to go for the second time, and it was awesome! It really felt like a support group. Lots of good information and revelations.

Not once have I regretted getting my band. For me, it's been one of the best decisions of my life. I wish my mom was alive to do this with me. She would have been hesitant and a "hard sell" but she would have loved it! Even when I got my unfill in July, my band was still there reminding me of my decision to take control of my life and my health. I love my band!

Lately, I'm wishing more health care professionals would promote the band, educate themselves, promote correct fills, lower their fill prices (YESSSSSS!) and get on the same page. So much misinformation out there and conflicting opinions. Those out there getting behind the band technology, and giving efforts in helping others, I applaud them.

As for me and the band and my weight, I think I'm still learning. I have gotten filled back up to a good restriction level, and trying not to abuse my band and have to get unfilled again. I am still realizing the band can only do so much, and the rest is up to me. Most days the discipline is the hardest hurdle.

Hope everyone is doing well and keep checking in!

Hi Friends..love my band! But sometimes I get a little concerned that I am not paying enough attention to eating the right foods to stay healthy. Any thoughts - also have trouble taking my vitamins....makes me sick....any thoughts?

Hey all. I'm checking in with sad news - I had to buy new jeans today cause mine have gotten too tight! UGH!!

I'm going on vacation TOMORROW to Houston to visit my best friend (and look at apartments cause I want to move there) she just had her band done in August, so I'm hoping that her excitement will re-motivate me... I'm also considering a slight unfill... I really do believe that I am gaining weight cause I eat sweets all the time. I eat the sweets cause they go down so easy. I'm a volume eater, so eating mouthful after mouthful of sugar foods is more satisfying than getting full on 3 bites of chicken, ya know what I mean? So I think that if I get an unfill and am able to eat a slight bit more of real food without a discomfort (that I get now after a few bites) I will do better in the long run.

Does that plan make sense to anyone else?

Any other words of advise of encouragment? I'm really struggling!

Hi All

i too have been MIA!!

well partly because I forgot what my log in and password was,

I must admit my progress has been slow but the exciting thing is that the weight has stayed off (in the past winter has been my worst time but this year for the first time I have lost) (( thanks to my SLAGS group !!! S stands for Slightly Larger Arse and Gutts ) they have been great ))and the weight is continuing to come off: for me this is the hare and the tortoise thing slow and steady winds the race and as far as i am concerned the weight took a life time to get here so be it if it takes a while to get off!!!!

more late

I am sad to see our thread so slow. I never posted much but I would read every day.

I am doing good with the band. I can't wait until I get to the point where I can focus on maintaining and not worry about losing all the time. I think I mad a good choice in the surgery and I wouldn't change it for anything.

I just updated my weight loss and realized that I made the original goal that I set on this site. I changed it so that I need to lose about 10 more pounds. It was great to see that I had made this goal though!

Oh quit bragging already! Sheesh!!

J/k! Thats so awesome!! CONGRATULATIONS!

I just got home from vacation. I'm exhausted...

Re-stocked my fridge and cabinets with good foods, we'll see how this works out.

Wow Nvalicia

You have done soooo well! You have lost 2.5x as much weight as me and we were banded on the same day... amazing!!!

I too changed my goal weight, and even though I'm 10lbs below my original goal I still have 10lbs to go! We will do it together!! I hope to be at goal by Christmas... I have a feeling you will beat me :-)

Keep it up, you're inspiring.

KT

Hi All

I too want to visit here more often, than I have been lately.

Well done all of you for your progress so far!

KT how is your mum going on her band Journey ??

would love to know how she is doing

Wow Nvalicia

You have done soooo well! You have lost 2.5x as much weight as me and we were banded on the same day... amazing!!!

I too changed my goal weight, and even though I'm 10lbs below my original goal I still have 10lbs to go! We will do it together!! I hope to be at goal by Christmas... I have a feeling you will beat me :-)

Keep it up, you're inspiring.

KT

Thank you. It hasn't been easy but I am glad that I stuck with it. I would love to be at goal my Christmas but it takes me forever to lose now. I think it is because I am smaller so it won't drop off like it used to. But we can inspire each other to try to make it by the holidays!