Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Insub - what a great list! I was so happy for you when you quit, you sounded so miserable! your trip sounds exciting, we expect a lot of pictures!

What a year it has been!

Had surgery - smooth sailing

Got a promotion

Moved to Nashville

Bought a house (moving this weekend)

Finally have the acreage we have dreamed of since before we were married - already have 2 goats, 2 dogs, a turtle, and 4 cockatiels. I am sure we will soon have chickens and ducks for the pond. Miniature ponies and cows to come!

Feel almost normal - I still think people are looking at me, but now I wonder why, instead of knowing it was because I was huge.

Wearing clothes from the regular size department

Bought a swim suit and went to a public pool - I have not had one for my entire marriage - it is a dress to cover my ugly legs - but I dove in the pool swam and climbed out of the deep end without any problems - I didn't worry about being too wide for the ladder.

I am not the largest person in the room anymore (I want to talk to everyone bigger than me about the band - but I don't want to insult them)

my home in the country means I will be stuck with dial-up. I hope to be back up and running next week, although I am sure it will be much slower!

thanks everyone for the support and the shared stories this year!

NSV I went shopping yesterday and bought two dresses for an upcoming wedding, size 10 and 12!!! I was so excited. Not sure which one I will wear.

It is HOT HOT HOT here. not sure how long this early heat wave will be over us. Hope you all have a great weekend.

stef, i hope you are doing ok....we miss you..but know you will be back with your great insite.

Missy Congratulations. I'm so happy for you.

I'm glad to see that someone else thinks people are looking at them. I was beginning to think I was paranoid. I think it was because I was so uncomfortable with myself before I "knew" everyone was looking and talking about me. Now I think it is because I've gotten a bit more daring in the clothes I wear and I'm still huge on top. I too can buy clothes from the regular department now but still find myself in the woman's department looking. Then if I try it on, it is too big. Good feeling. Best compliment I've gotten was from my mom who was looking for me in a croud at Disney and said I just blend in now. She said she used to be able to spot me in a croud and now she can't. :biggrin2:

I don't know if I'm going to make my goal of under 200 pounds by Wednesday. I've had kindof a rough weekend and didn't excercise my butt off like I wanted to. If not be Wednesday, I'm sure I will soon. I've been kindof on a plateau and realize excercise is the only way off. It is so hard for me to find time with my son. I need to just set aside time for me and do it.

The band has been such a blessing for me. I want so bad to get one for my sister. I keep hoping I'll come into some money and be able to give it to her as a gift. She has let her health deteriorate over the last few years and is in crisis right now. She is even talking about quitting her job to get health care. She said it is either that or die. Wow what is this world coming too.

It is so good to see all the success everyone is having and to hear about all the NSVs.

I Heart the Junies!!!!!:thumbdown:

I'm still recovering from this blasted cold/flu crap. I even had a flu shot grrrrr :wink_smile:

JoJo - you have come so far in one year!! I hope that you don't let it get you down if you don't hit that majic number on Wednesday because I look at what you have accomplished and I am amazed!!!:biggrin:

HUGS to all!!

Gen

wombat--hope you get to feeling better!!! maybe take an old-fashioned remedy...a hot todie (tea with a shot of Jack Daniels)--get under the covers and sweat it out.

thanks bigbaby :biggrin: I've taken so much stuff I just feel weird at this point!!!:wink_smile:

I swear the nyquil and dayquil stuff feels like I've just had a shot of something!!! I'm a total lightweight when it comes to alcohol.

I stayed home today and worked on my laptop. For whatever reason seems to help since I'm feeling better this evening. Yesterday I was about to die by lunch time.

FYI for Protein users or smoothie makers.

A friend turned me onto a new Protein Powder. I tried the Carribean Cooler flavor today....wow! I put it in my smoothie with about 5 frozen strawberies, 2/3 c ff yogurt, 1/2 banana and a few ice cubes. Yum! It's awesome because it's not milky when you mix it in, it's more like a flavored water or juice, but 23 g per scoop is realllllly good I think. It's called nectar and it's made by Syntax. This is the best site I found it at so far. I've ordered from them before and they're great. I will probably be ordering the fuzzy navel flavor in the Grab-n-Go.

FitFuel.com - Nutritional supplements, Organic Foods, Fitness Apparel, Sporting, Anti-Aging

This site has a sampler packet. My friend only orders this because then she never tires of it...lots of flavors to choose from. She says the company is great and her order practically arrives the next day.

Enjoy Health

Samples

Whoooooooohoooooo I found a local support group!! I'm just a tad excited.

I'll pass along a cookie recipe I got too. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy. I'm going to make them as soon as I get some grind-your-own Peanut Butter.

I'm going to call them 1-1-1-1 Cookies.

1 egg

1 c pure Peanut Butter or almond butter

1 c splenda granulated

1 T vanilla extract

Mix and roll in balls. Bake for 10 min. at 325 degrees or until just cooked through, not browned.

Let me know if you make them!

Rhonda thanks for the recipe. there is no flour? sounds like cooked peanut butter!

suzzzie have you not heard from Stef? where are you stef?? I know she is ok and out there reading and supporting. How is your week going?

I have had struggles eating all week after my last fill and don't want to hurt the band. I might call the doc for a slight unfill. what do you all think? i can drink fluids, just difficult with any other food. it eventually goes down but there is a lot of struggle and some pain.

Well, Friday again..Father's Day too. Not sure what we are doing yet. hope you all have fun plans.

I have not heard from Stef yet. I feel so abandoned... Lol. Hopefully she is doing well and will check in soon.

Those Cookies sound good Rhonda! I know my local health food store has a grind your own peanut station for natural Peanut Butter...

I went yesterday for a fill... got in 0.5cc. They didn't want to take me back to 1cc since I had to have it removed last time. We'll see how this goes. I'm praying it's my sweet spot!!!!

When I was at the surgical center yesterday I saw the nurse who took care of me post-op! She usually works upstairs doing post-op stuff, but now she is downstairs doing fills and such. (NP) She remembered me right off... and since they do MANY surgeries and it's been a year since mine I was shocked. I said "I'm so sorry I was awful!" Lol. I was cranky, bossy, and demanding. I was drugged up, nauseated, and sooooo tired. Lol. We had a really good chat. She even remembered my friend Brian that drove me there and the conversations they'd had about his kids!! It was just so neat.

So, my 1 year is Sunday. I'll tray REALLY hard to get my pics up. :lol:

On Monday at 3pm I'll be at the dentist getting my two top wisdom teeth 'extracted'. It just SOUNDS painful! But one is broken in half and has caused me bad toothaches for a few months now....

TODAY is the day that BeckieT gets her port removed to hopefully clear up her MRSA infection. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers!

I went yesterday for a fill... got in 0.5cc. They didn't want to take me back to 1cc since I had to have it removed last time. We'll see how this goes. I'm praying it's my sweet spot!!!!

So, my 1 year is Sunday. I'll tray REALLY hard to get my pics up. :smile:

On Monday at 3pm I'll be at the dentist getting my two top wisdom teeth 'extracted'. It just SOUNDS painful! But one is broken in half and has caused me bad toothaches for a few months now....

TODAY is the day that BeckieT gets her port removed to hopefully clear up her MRSA infection. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers!

Suzzz, hope the fill works well for you this time! 0.5cc doesn't sound like much but it can often mean all the difference in the world. Can't believe it's been a year. You've done wonderfully! I was even braggin' on you in pre-op today with my nurse. Good luck with the wisdom teeth. I had mine out in college (I had an extra, so 5, I teased them telling them the extra one helped to make me extra smart.)

I'm recouping. Right now I'm at mom's because hubby is helping my brother. Kids haven't tried to ram mommy's tummy yet so I'm good so far. Pain is definitely there, but they've got me on Lortab. Dr. McSweety:blushing: put two clasps in and maintained my fill level. I didn't get to talk to him post-op but the nurses told me that yes, the port was definitely infected. I stopped by local ER on way home and did my second antibiotic injection in my PICC line...two weeks of daily injections. I'm ready to bid my MRSA adieu! Thoughts and prayers greatly appreciated. :biggrin2:

Beckit---You are such a trooper!!! Glad to hear from you, although, if I had had surgery today--I don't think I would be on the computer. I'm such a baby....But at any rate--glad to know that you are on the road to recovery!!

Be blessed....

Today is my one year bandiversary. yay me. This time last year I was soooo drugged up. Haha. I miss the drugs. Luckily, I'm having 2 teeth 'extracted' tomorrow afternoon, so that should get me some type of pain killer.

Oh, and I'm joking about the drugs... I better say that, since I"m a nurse and work with narcotics. Lol!!! I'M NOT A DRUGGIE!!

I'm going to do pics... but not tonight cause I feel all bloated and icky. I'll really try to get some done this week though! I'm anxious to see what a difference a year makes!

Anyone else out there going to post pics?

My bandiversary is actually June 18th--but I will be very busy...so I'm posting today. This year has been quite a journey--the love, support, encouragement and info provided by my "friends" at LBT has be tremendous!!! Smooches to all. Here are my updated pix ( I hope!!!)

post-211791-13813137192562_thumb.jpg

post-211791-13813137192688_thumb.jpg

post-211791-1381313719279_thumb.jpg

post-211791-13813137192888_thumb.jpg

post-211791-13813137193222_thumb.jpg

OMGoodness BigBaby!! YOu look great! You are so gorgeous! Shame on you for not posting face pictures sooner!!