Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Thanks Stef.

My doggie is doing pretty great! My mom gets to bring him home tomorrow, she is very excited. She has to give him antibiotics everyday fro a couple weeks, and monitor his urine output for a while, but we're keeping our fingers crossed. Now we really just have to wait a week or so to find out the final results of his histology reports to see if any of the mass from his bladder was cancerous or not. The Vet doesn'tthink it is cancer though, so thats great news.

I'll have to find a pic and post it here for ya'll, he's gorgeous. :eek:

SPEAKING OF BEING TIGHT!?!?!?!???!

Honestly, I don't know if I was dreaming or not. I could have sworn my band tightened up while I was sleeping. I was sleeping on my stomach, and I swear I could feel my band in my chest. This didn't happen once, but I think I remember being in pain 3 times last night...It's so wierd...becaue surly I would have awakened if I were truly in pain because of a tight band.

Then I thought, maybe it was for real because I was having difficulty with Breakfast this morning and my stomach was hurting...Immediately, I thought--what are the symptoms for a slipped band? Still don't know....but I'll see what happens tonight when I sleep

Suzzzie, so glad that Asher is doing better and the doc thinks its non-cancerous. Keep us posted!

Rhonda, just another note to let you know we're all thinking of you.

bigbaby, I don't know about a slipped band, but call your doctor if in doubt...from my experience (flipped port), they are the first source of info and a even just a phone call can make you feel more relaxed and relieved...it could be something little and they can provide you with lots of information.

Thanks guys, you're all really great. It's very comforting to log in here and know that no matter what I'm going through, band issues or otherwise, you're here. Thank you!!

The tightening in my band seems to be letting up enough to let liquids pass comfortably. I ate about 2 bites of chili yesterday and was uncomfortable for about an hour. For dinner, I had Later I had about 1/2 cup thin Soup which squeaked and I couldn't finish. About 2 hours later, I had a berry smoothie at costco and was surprised it went down fairly easily. Before bed, I had a glass of milk and a Vitamin (horse pill) and called it a night. This morning I had my Protein Shake and coffee and no problems. I'm dying for a salad, so I may attempt that for lunch.< /p>

Bigbaby, from what I've heard, a slipped band would cause you to be in a LOT of pain. How is your restriction?

rhonda - i'm so jealous you can eat salad! lol. i want one so badly. i can't even have lettuce on a sandwich or wrap... but yet i CAN eat bread. how annoying. i can't eat bananas either. bah!

my dog is good. mom brought him home today - final bill was $1055. so glad my mom loves me and the dog! haha! if it weren't for her i have no idea what i'd have done. i absolutely couldn't afford to do any of that for him.

more boy drama in my life. the guy i've liked (loved?) for over 2 years read my myspace blog today... i'd written last night about how i'm single and unavailable due to fear of commitment and blah blah blah. i wrote something about how I had someone in mind but how it'd never work. he wants to know WHO i was talking about. duh. HIM. Ugh. i didn't say anything though - just that i want to go crawl in a hole. now he wants me to come over tonight. haven't seen him in like 3 or more weeks... we'll see how it goes.

Did anyone see Big Medicine last night? They did a bypass on a woman that had some kind of band that she got 10 years ago. It sounded like "malena" or "madema" I couldn't tell.... I don't think they did the lapband 10years ago did they? Anyway, it didn't work for her whatever it was.....

BCRAZY - Yeah, my MIL was banded about 20 years ago. Lost a ton of weight...she ate around it...gained it all back over the years. Now got re-banded about a year and a half ago. (Still before the AP band, though.) She's not doing as well this time. Not sure what the difference might be, other than age? Dunno. But yeah, they've been banding folks for a long time now. If I hadn't of known her, though, I never would have known about the band before, either...it just wasn't as prevalent.

Suze - Glad to hear "pups" is home and on the mend! :drool: Keep us posted! And about your guy reading your blog....you know I love you and how I feel on that subject, but jeez! Does he need a dumptruck load of bricks to fall on him? Because I AM a tough Texas chickie who "knows people" and can have that arranged, you know! :tongue2: (JUST KIDDING! :blush:)

Lol Stef! YEah, I should stick to writing things on my blog blog - not on myspace! But yeah, he read it and then when I went over there last night he only brought it up about 7 or 8 times. Ha. And for me, if there is a way to avoid a subject, I'll find it... and I did. :tongue2: Yeah yeah, I know. How can he NOT know? Maybe I DO need to tell him? Lol. I hate discussing feelings and crap. I;m just not mushy-girly. Bah.

So I wonder what the difference in the bands is? Do the old ones hold saline? If the first one didn't work that good why did she do it again?

Well I guess I was just having a vivid dream!! I haven't had the tight sensation in my chest since then.

Suzzie....You can't eat salad? ???? How wierd....I eat a HUGE salad from Eatzi's every few days...and it's loaded (mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon, pumpkin seeds, almonds, black olives etc.)......It goes down fine....

Now I just need to up my Protein.< /p>

Now...do you really think that he doesn't KNOW he's the "mystery guy"? Just tell him..."It's you....I like you!!"....and then walk away!

Suzz, I get so sad when I hear you can't eat salad. That is the weirdest phenomenon! Salad actually helps me get stuff down, like Protein or solid foods. It adds some slipperiness. You can eat bread and that's the stuff that balls up and acts like a cork in me.....protein too, so if I combine with some salad it breaks it up. Sorry dear!

Your guy sounds very intuitive....me thinks he might be responding to your most intimate thoughts of him.....I am almost happy for you!! You must not know how beautiful you are becoming...but it sounds like *someone is noticing!! :glare: You should tell him!!

Ugh. thanks everyone for the comments on my guy issue. It's been going on for... over 2 years now. Lol. Timing seems to always be off for us. Ok, so today I got momentarily brave-ish and TEXT msg him and said "Oh yeah, my blog. That was YOU." And that was 8 LONG hours ago. Haven't heard a word from him. So...either I've completely scared him off for life, or he has been in meetings all day at work. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Maybe I made him mad cause I avoided it all night last night and he was asking me point blank? I over analyze these things. I easily become obsessive about him. I need to stop. Ha!

So, today I ate too many dark choc peanut M&Ms... I figured they were heart healthy and protein...? Um yeah.

Did anyone see Big Medicine last night? They did a bypass on a woman that had some kind of band that she got 10 years ago. It sounded like "malena" or "madema" I couldn't tell.... I don't think they did the lapband 10years ago did they? Anyway, it didn't work for her whatever it was.....
So I wonder what the difference in the bands is? Do the old ones hold saline? If the first one didn't work that good why did she do it again?

I found this link thanks to Laurend on another thread:

ASBS - American Society for Bariatric Surgery

It looks like it was only a Dacron graft, inflatable bands didn't come to being for a few years later.