Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Bigbaby - yea for staring the couch to 5K!!!!

I do a little (yes very little) weight training and I've started doing yoga for stretching and flexibility. Yesterday was my off jogging day so I walked for 20 min on the treadmill and did a round though the machines on the lowest weight. I am such a weakling.

Mostly I just do this jogging program. Once I get through the program I think I will move it to an everyday (rest on Sundays) kindof thing.

EMCGOVERN - welcome!!! You have come to a great place to get support!! I would not have made it without the help of all these wonderful people! As supportive as my hubby is, he doesn't understand like the people here do :cursing:

BigBaby - Yes, regularly for Breakfast and I keep one in my purse in case I get stuck out on the road and get hungry. AND OH I'M SO JEALOUS! Good for you on the running! (I'm jealous because I haven't been able to make myself do any of that yet!)

EMCGOVERN78 - WELCOME! Don't beat yourself up...PICK yourself up! And we are here to help you do just that! We can let you cry on our shoulders or we can kick you in the pants to get you moving....whatever you need. There is a VERY wide array of personalities on this thread, which is nice. (I think I'm probably the most obnoxious one, so I think your safe! LOL) There is a wealth of info here, so just throw your quandries at us and we'll help you figure them out!

Wombat - I'm glad to hear you are hitting the resistance training. That, more than ANYTHING else, has been what has re-shaped my body. And I started light, too, so don't worry about that. I'm bodybuilding now, but that is not for most women. The main thing is to just do it, and you are! You rock!

Yes, I have a trainer. Are you looking into them? If so, please only go with a Fluid trainer...you will thank me, trust me.

Oh crap.

You mean a personal trainer, don't you? LOL

I thought you meant bike trainer!

I've got my bike on my brain. I'm getting into heavy training mode for my ride in May!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't have a personal trainer, per se. At least I don't PAY one! I do have a workout partner that I believe is even better than a trainer. He LIVES to work out, he eats clean, he pushes me to go harder and still makes sure I don't get hurt, and he gets RESULTS. I've learned so much from him. He's extremely buff and cut, and he has really transformed my body since October, too. Plus, he works out with me five days a week, two hours a day for FREE! LOL

If you are thinking of getting one, interview until you find one that you "click" with immediately. Otherwise, you will not get the best results. And it would really piss me off to pay that kind of money and not get results!

If you aren't comfortable with the free weight room yet, definitely get a trainer and get comfortable. Free weights will get you better and faster results than the machines. Once you are comfortable going in there on your own, let me know and I'll give you three book titles to buy that will be EVERYTHING you need and you won't have to pay a personal trainer for anything!

I don't have a trainer. I would like one eventually but I'm not ready for that yet. I guess I have the fear of a "Jillian" screaming at me and that just isn't me. I'd just sit there and cry if someone yelled at me :thumbup:

I have a co-worker who is also a personal trainer so I ask advice every now and then. I don't want to abuse that so I haven't bothered her in forever.

Thanks Stephanie!! I didn't realize how weak I was. I literally had every machine on the absolute lowest and could barely do 10 reps. I still get lightheaded a lot so I try to be careful and I eat lots of salt (cause the doc said I could and I LOVE it) :crying:

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine.jpg

Hey all. Happy singles Awaerness Day! Lol.

I've been around, just kinda quiet. Computer time seems to have decreased a bit... I"m TRYING to get more focused on my self study program to finish my RN degree... I really want it done by December this year, so I have to FOCUS, which is hard with ADD. Seriously thinking about talking to my PCP about some sort of focus medication. Lol. Adderol, though I know I just spelled that wrong I'm too tired to look it up, it's a great medication for adult ADD... I mean, I even space out or will start off doing something completely different when I'm in the middle of making out with a super hot guy that I'm completely smitten with. Lol. He has to turn off the TV and sometimes make me re-focus on him. ha!!

Oh... so sleepy. It's been such a busy week at work. I was dying of thirst the other day and the phone at work was ringing off the hook. I couldn't decide to take a drink or answer the phone... so I very tiredly pickked up my cup and proceded to speek into it as if it were the phone. I didn't even realise when I'd done until the CNAs started laughing at me. Oh the joy of it all!

As for weightloss - Ha! I need a chocolate and ice cream proof band. Luckily I'm about to fall into a chocolate coma and then this dreaded valentines crap will all be over with tomorrow. :thumbup: I'm going to my moms for teh weekend, and she is diabetic, so no naughty sugar foods there! AMEN!

You all are doing so great! Keep it up and continue to INSPIRE me!

How's THIS for inspiration:

For dinner tonight...

For the first time EVER since before banding...

I ate an order of french fries drizzled in ketchup...

I ate a 1/3 pound greasy bacon cheeseburger with everything except onions...

I had a real ice cream chocolate milkshake...

All from Braum's Ice Cream...

Ate ALL of it, even though it took me almost two hours.

I have OFFICIALLY fell off the wagon for the first really horrific time.

P.S. And I don't regret a bit of it...I loved it...and won't do it again for ANOTHER almost year! :thumbup:

P.S.S. If I could eat that, and get stuck on cottage cheese...that makes no sense to me. However, maybe I need a fill, huh? Maybe it's a morning thing for getting stuck.

Wow Stef! YOu rock! My mouth is watering! Lol. - And the fact that it took you 2 hours is good! I can eat a Jr. bacon cheeseburger from Wendys in about 45 mins. Lol.

I had Indian food tonight. Sooo good. ANd then I had Cold Stone Creamery ice cream. Yummo.

Lets not discuss the M&Ms and other random chocolates I ate today. If it wasn't made of chocolate then I didn't eat it! ha!

Ya, is anyone else just lovvving eating COLD food? ??!!! The first couple bites are hot, but 30 min to an hour go by for 1 cup of food and its stone cold. I hope I don't need to worry about bacteria or whatever it is they say grows on food when it is set out too long. I need some kind of hotplate thing.

I rock?!?!? My stomach feels like it's FULL of rocks! I'm gonna sleep like a baby! And OMG, would you STOP talking about ice cream, you FREAK?!?!? LOL I swear every time you mention ice cream, I have to go get a pint of butter pecan! LOL

HEY! Speaking of ice cream...remember my Ambien induced 7-11 shopping for ice cream binge? I just heard on the TV, then verified on the internet, that Ambien is causing various amnesia attacks! Amnesia driving, amnesia eating, phone calls and no recollection...pretty dangerous stuff! In fact, Ambien is being cited in more and more auto accidents where folks on Ambien don't even recall getting behind the wheel, much less running into immobile objects such as telephone poles and parked cars! WHEW-EE!

Maybe I should just stick to a couple grams of Xanax instead, huh? (NOT)

Ya, is anyone else just lovvving eating COLD food???!!! The first couple bites are hot, but 30 min to an hour go by for 1 cup of food and its stone cold. I hope I don't need to worry about bacteria or whatever it is they say grows on food when it is set out too long. I need some kind of hotplate thing.

Oh I know what you mean! But I'm so used to it now that it doesn't even phase me to eat cold food. I don't even think about it until someone else mentions it. Weird, huh?

It has been a while since my last post and it’s because I have been kind of having a hard time with my band. It’s all the same old thing, I can eat as much as the bad stuff as I could possibly want and could only eat small portions of the healthy stuff. I know I have put some weight back on. I don’t know how much because I am so freaked out of what the scale reads, so I just won’t even get on that thing. My pants sizes are staying the same and I still feel good, but I can see some more belly fat around the love handle area. I am pretty sure I need another fill but I am kind of embarrassed to go in there because of the weight gain. I guess I need to get over all that and just go in there.

On another note I have a girl question for you all. I have always been kind of a shy guy and the when I meet girls it always been when a friend introduces me or I meet them at a party or something along those lines. As far as seeing a girl at the store or doc office and going up to them and asking them out, I have never really done that. My problem is I really want to take this girl out at my orthodontist office (yes I am 26 years old with braces) and I don’t really know the best approach to ask her. She is pretty out going, friendly, funny, smart, and it seems like we have some stuff in common. It kind of sucks, all the qualities I see in her that I like, is the same reasons why I am intimated by her. I know I am not all that bad looking and I like to think of myself as a fun person to be around, I just still lack the confidence even after losing 120lbs. Anyhow I just kind of wanted to get everyone’s take on this. Any good tips on how to raise the confidence level?

Cap. Danbo!!!

It's so good to hear from YOU!! You know you're our inspiration!!! Now, about the band...I'm not going to tell you anything you don't already know...but here it is....Go get a fill. You will regret it if you don't...right now it's just a "little belly fat"...if you wait, it's going to be "a fat belly!!" ...The folks at the fill center are use to weight issues. You were never promised that you would not gain wait post-band. We must take care and do what we KNOW to do. Implementing is the hardest thing. Change starts in the mind...get up this morning...look in the mirror and say "It's a new day!! I will start over--call the doc--get a fill--and get back on track!!" Speak the affirmative to yourself--be your biggest cheerleader.

Now about the girl--GO FOR IT-- The next time you're in the ortho's office--even if yo have to make a fake appointment--just ask her if she'd be interested in joining you at starbucks--or something quick. Take her out to a quick place--no long dinners or movies--make sure you like her. If you don't, there's no pressure to waste the rest of the day with her. Say it all casual like--Hey "wendy"--what are you doing after work today?" Why don't we get together and ______________.

If she's busy that day--seal the deal--by asking, "When can I take you out?" Then flash that metal smile !! :thumbup: