Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I agree! One word of caution, though...make SURE you are getting the "carb conscious" version. They look identical, except the carb conscious version says that in silver at the top of the bar. The regular one has SO MUCH SUGAR in it, you will gain, gain, gain if you eat them as much as I do!

I was so disappointed. The guy at The Vitamin Shoppe ordered the wrong product for me, so I STILL don't have the new flavor! I've been trying to get my hands on one for two weeks now! ARGH!

Hey Junies! Hope everyone is well. I haven't been on here much -- I'm in the middle of moving and things have been a little crazy. Nothing new to report, just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing.

Missing email notification - check your spam folder - people in my July group were complaining about the same thing "No Email Notifications" and someone told them to ck spam folder - sure enought that's were they were...

Sorry for butting in - but thought you wouldn't mind :tt1:

Hey all thanks for the thoughts! Thanks goodness I did NOT have a slip - I was just too tight. No clue why it tightened up after being at the perfect spot for 3 months and losing weight. It has to have something to do with moving, new town, and stress, but I really thought it would loosen up on its own.

Symptoms: slime and PB with any solid food, no matter how well I chewed. I couldn't even drink anything without feeling it - no pain most of the time, but definitely could feel it moving slow. Then I started refluxing on liquids, so I knew it was time to get to the doc. It really started when I got to Nashville, so I haven't been able to eat a real meal since Dec 3rd or so. I couldn't eat anything for breakfast or lunch and then sometimes I could get Soup in for dinner.< /p>

I had 7cc in my 10cc AP band, he looked with the full amount in, liquid went through very slow and then would stop in the pouch and reflux up - so cool to be able to see what I have been feeling for a month. He took 1cc out and everything went right through, so he put .4cc back in, that showed the slow movement without reflux that he wanted to see. So I am on liquids for the next couple of days and try to progress to solid Proteins again.

I hope to get back on track with weight loss again, I haven't lost much through all this. I am SOO close to onederland I can taste it! :tt1:

SUZZIE - I know you can get back on track, but it sounds like you definitely need a fill. I have to say I would love a piece of pizza - that new Pizza Hut crunchy cheese crust looks really good! course anything solid looks good to me right now.

Steph - I think only you could get that excited about a Protein bar!:tongue:

I think to get my last 60lbs off I am going to have to get to the gym! Could you come kick my butt?

Missy---glad you're under control now. I know what you mean about being close to onederland...I'm at 205 and it seems like I can't get past it.....

Step isn't the only one that LUUUUVS the Protein bar....I'm telling you---if you haven't tried it....YOU MUST DO IT TODAY!!!!!!

I tried Zumba last night. (found a class at the local recreation center). I was a good aerobic workout, but it seemed as though the lady was making it up as she went. She had a thick accent and I could barely understand her--so I spent an hour looking at her feet and doing what she did. Thankfully, I have some natual rhythm---so I was able to keep up.

I think that I will try a class in Ovilla (about 15 minutes away)...if it's not any better, I'll keep doing what I've been doing.

bcrazy - that is what I think too.

thanks Suzzzie!

I just noticed I am no longer MORBIDLY obese, now I am just Extremely Obese - I am not sure that sounds any better, but I will take it!

bigbaby - we will have a race :-) I am at 210.4 this morning, I hope my liquid diet and cutting out the sugar will get me going again. It is amazing how well chocolate goes down even when you are too tight. I found out whoppers worked - love the new Reeses ones! But no more excuses of needing some calories!

Missy, glad to hear it wasn't a slip! And yes, I do love me some Supreme Protein Bars. And until you try them, you will never understand...they are AWESOME! No other Protein Bar even remotely compares! Now if I could just get my hands on that new Peanut Butter flavor, I could stop obsessing! LOL

Hey, as far as getting to the gym, you are right. That is exactly what it will take! Keep at it for a solid week and you will start liking it...two weeks and you'll be hooked. If not, there will be one butt kicking coming your way, girl! LOL (All in love, of course!)

Okay, I had another Ambien episode last night. When I got up this morning, I noticed there were dirty dishes on the end table in the living room...very odd. Then I saw the honey mustard on the plate and remembered what happened...vaguely. What is it about Ambien that makes me eat? I only have pieces and parts of recollection about eating four turkey meatballs with honey mustard last night. I must not have been chewing well, because I think I PB-ed the entire portion right back up...I have vague memory of standing at the sink being very sick. How gross. What the hell is wrong with me? It doesn't always do this...I take Ambien all the time. But once in a while, it's like I am sleepwalking or sleepeating with very little memory, if any at all.

It's been such an effed-up week.

Don't know if you like to work out at home but there are Zumba videos. I enjoy them. No harsh accents either.

I need a good kick in the butt. I went to get my wound checked and it is finally healing. New port in 6 weeks. I can't wait. In the meantime my head is telling me I'm hungry and I can't stop eating. I know this is in my mind because I didn't have fill before they removed the port and I was losing. Now I gained. It was only a couple of pounds but boy did it wake me up. I worked very hard to loose weight and I don't want to get into bad habits. I need to stop eating between meals and eat better meals (especially breakfast). I can't seem to find anything I like. I'm going to look for that Protein bar. I also need to work out more. I find so many excuses why I can't and I just need to do it.

Ok I feel better. I'm going to get back on track on move forward not backwards.

Where do you find the Supreme Protein bars? They sound too good not to try them!

Missy, so glad it was not a slip. The same thing has happened to me three times. I only had to have a de-fill once. I have tried to figure out what caused it and I "think" it may have been a combination of cold things (drinks ice-cold, ice cream) and job stress at the same time. You are fortunate your doc put most of the fill back in as I had to go two weeks with no fill and that was not fun. Best wishes.

Stef - Those Ambien episodes sound downright scary! Have you tried taking just half a dose to see if still works but you don't have sleepwalking/eating?

My company's Annual Business Meeting is coming up in three weeks and I had to buy an evening dress for the banquet. I was very excited to find a 16W that looks pretty good (with Spanx)! I will see people from other parts of the country that haven't seen me since I lost 70# - I think it will be fun.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Marlena