Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Oh Missy!! I hope it's not slipped!!! That would be aweful!

As for *me* I've been finding I can eat things like thick crust pizza... so I think it's time for a tiny adjustment! I'm scared to get too tight, so maybe just 1/2 cc... I'll call tomorrow morning to see when I can get in for a fill. I'm hoping for Tuesday afternoon. Lol.

I have to meet an out-of-town friend for Indian food at lunch tomorrow, then dinner with my mom tomorrow evening... and lunch with mom at her fave Italian place on Tuesday... so yeah, by Tuesday afternoon I'll be ready to be tightened up!

Nicer weather is finally starting to come around, I think it's going to be in the 50s today, high tomorrow should be 56. I'm very excited about this! I placed an ad on Craigslist last night for a walking partner in my area... we'll see how many crazies that draws out! ha! Really hoping to find at least one 'normal' person that lives near me to go walking with. We shall see...

I was again looking at bikes online last night. Totally think I'm going to go with a nice cheap one for starters... and if by the end of the summer I still like it I will go in and get a *better* bike.

What are some of you're fitness plans for the spring/summer?? (everyone/anyone!)

I'm working on the couch to 5K jogging program right now. Had about two weeks off due to being really weak with the no-carb 2-day challenge, got a fill, and it's stinkin cold outside!!

My plan is to get to where I can actually jog 5K in 30minutes. My family is doing it with me and we are all going to sign up for a local Fun Run in May/June.

We all have bikes so I hope that we can get to some local trails. We all have tennis racquets (which I suck at this one) so I hope to chase a stupid yellow ball around the court.

I want to tear the kids AWAY from the TV / Video Games!!

Other than that - not much :wink2: It all sounds good but this is Texas and when it's not too stinkin cold - it's too dang hot!! I'm hoping that I will build up some heat tolerance!

Hugs to all Junies!!

wombat

I think the traffic on this site is down because it's harder to find the thread! Has anyone figured out how to get email notifications again? I have selected it several times but I still don't get email notifications. I have to go to My Account and select it as Subscribed Thread and then try to find the last page I ready. There's got to be an easier way...

Missy, I hope your band hasn't slipped. Will be thinking of you this week - let us know. I've had trouble with my band getting too tight and too loose off and on - I haven't figured it all out yet. What are your symptoms?

Suzzzie, I will just continue to use my home gym room (stationary bike, elliptical, home gym). I did just buy the Bender ball for abdominal exercises and have ordered some elastic bands. I travel with work during the week and can throw the bands in the suitcase. I have started working out at the hotels now and that's quite a step forward for me. This one hotel I stay at in Houston has Precor equipment - the quality is great!

Anyone found any chewable calcium citrate?

I think the traffic on this site is down because it's harder to find the thread! Has anyone figured out how to get email notifications again? I have selected it several times but I still don't get email notifications. I have to go to My Account and select it as Subscribed Thread and then try to find the last page I ready. There's got to be an easier way...

When you sign in, at the top of the page click the "my account" button. There should be a lost of your subscribed threads. CLick on one of them. At the top left of the very first post in that thread is a button that says "Veiw First Unread" Click that and it will magically take you to the first new post. :eek: This is the way I've always done it - was there an easier way before that i never knew of?!

/

As for my appointment - well I heard the dreaded words - you might have slipped. I am going Wednesday to have a swallow to see what is going on. The doc will be there and take Fluid out - if I am slipped hopefully taking fluid out will let if fall back in to place. If not I am looking at a revision ASAP. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am just too tight!

I think I must've missed something! What is going on with you that they think you may have slipped?!?!?!?

missy...me to, what happened? How did you feel different that you went to the doctor to check you? I hope all is well. Keep us posted.

suzzie I know how you feel about the pizza. what is weird is that I can eat it one time and not the next. When I was home in PA there are good pizza places everywhere, and I could not even get a couple bites down, but then came home and a week later could eat the crappy thin frozen kind...maybe that is good, but I was disappointed at the time! Don't beat yourself up to much, it sounds like you are back on track.

craigs list I never thought of that for working out? Sounds neat, let me know if it works out. I just need to go to the gym. the weather here is still cold and yukkie. Some would think the 30's is not cold, but I would prefer the 50's and above!

take care...

Ok, this is weird, I posted yesterday and it is gone somewhere in lapband land...not sure what happened? Oh well, thought I would share with all the changes on here.

missy...me to, what happened? How did you feel different that you went to the doctor to check you? I hope all is well. Keep us posted.

suzzie I know how you feel about the pizza. what is weird is that I can eat it one time and not the next. When I was home in PA there are good pizza places everywhere, and I could not even get a couple bites down, but then came home and a week later could eat the crappy thin frozen kind...maybe that is good, but I was disappointed at the time! Don't beat yourself up to much, it sounds like you are back on track.

craigs list I never thought of that for working out? Sounds neat, let me know if it works out. I just need to go to the gym. the weather here is still cold and yukkie. Some would think the 30's is not cold, but I would prefer the 50's and above!

take care...

Back on track? Me??

Last night I was a freaking bottomless pit. I totally binged on crap like oreos, snickers, pretzels, and I ate 3 Boca chicken patties. WTF yo?

I felt 'full' like old fashioned-preband 'full' but it couldn't stop me like a good "OMG, I have lapband and if i eat another bite I will PB everywhere" will stop me. Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK. I just called WTLSC for a fill, had to leave a msg.. I hope they call me back soon! HOPEFULLY I can get in tomorrow!!!

As for my appointment - well I heard the dreaded words - you might have slipped. I am going Wednesday to have a swallow to see what is going on. The doc will be there and take Fluid out - if I am slipped hopefully taking fluid out will let if fall back in to place. If not I am looking at a revision ASAP. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am just too tight!

Missy! I am thinking of you and will put you in prayers. Hopefully taking out some fluid will help.

Sorry about your difficulties Missy!!!

Suzzie: I just purchased and picked up an AB Lounger from craigslist. I also found a Zumba class. So I plan on doing Zumba 1 or 2 times a week and I also do the eliptical for about 30-40 minutes for 3 or 4 times a week.

Suzzzie Hang in there! I know the feeling, today when logging on my daily plate I looked at my list of frequent foods and although I do have some healthy foods, the chips, alchohol, now added chocolate, chips, nuts...shall I go on are there in my FACE...that should be an alert to ME> YUK> I love your WTF,...you make me laugh...Hope your ability to get a fill is successful!

Thanks for the lil pep talk. Yes, nuts and alcohol. Lol My mom leaves today... after a lunch of Pasta. Lol. I might just go with soup... we'll see. My belly hurts from the greasey fries last night. Yuck!!

Hopefully I can get myself back on track before my fill on Monday. Ugh.

:rolleyes2:

Funny you should ask that! I am hooked on them...could LIVE on them! In fact, they have a new flavor...peanut butter! I have been looking and looking and looking for it everywhere, with no luck. So I had The Vitamin Shoppe order me a case of them and they just called me about 20 minutes ago to say they are finally in! WOO-HOO!

Have you tried the chocolate ones? They are awesome! Many times after my workout, I will go to smoothie King for a smoothie and a Protein Bar for dinner...YUM!