Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate when people fuss and get upset about being in a stall I don't know about you guys but I've been in a stall half my life so who care once I have surgery and I'm loosing weight then I hit a stall and it stops, I'm just gonna look at it as a resting period...I heard it doesn't last long right

Now, that's the right way to look at it! :) I'm only 6 weeks post-op and haven't really hit a stall, exactly, but there might be 2-3 days go by and the scale doesn't budge. Then, on the 3rd day - BAM! - 2 or 3 pounds down. It's a really odd cycle, but heck, I'll take it! I'm steadily losing, so you won't hear me complain. ;)

I'm so with u on this!! I didn't care at all if I stalled. As long as u stay on the plan that was set out u'll be fine. I had my first major stall a month ago (at 10 months) that lasted for 4 weeks. I was like of well my body is just having a break. Now I'm back losing again.

I wish there were more people like us thinking like this

Cheers Bec

I love this thread. You go!

I will always fuss about a stall. I am on a mission and I like to see results. I hate it, hate it, hate it!! But i fuss about everything so dont mind me!

But...I do take heed to topics like this one and try and take away some words of wisdom and patience. Thanks!

You didnt gain the weight overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight either. Sometimes that "stall" is a signal from your body that its trying to adjust to the changes you are making. Your body is sometimes asking you, "am I getting enough Protein , Water, calories etc ?? If not, I might be starving so I better hold on to this fat in case I need it !!!" If you are giving your body the right amount of everything healthy, then it will adjust and let the fat go. Sometimes theres a "stall" for a reason.

Thank you guys so much for your point of view, had a friend crying about a stall and I'm like REALLY girl it's not the end of the world allow your body to adjust and take a break.....my surgery is set for May 12th and when I do come face to face with Ms Stall I will say hello to her and keep it moving.....I refer to the stall as she because only a b!!!h would hate on your weight loss and stop it....lol

Edited by Rebellious Butterfly

to me, as i agree with butterfly here and others, a stall is in the mind...so for me, the scale is slowly moving downward....it sucks but i am staying the course...eating clean as i can, exercising and not being dramatic over the dictation of the scale and what it says or doesnt say.......on my TOM, i can gain 10 pounds...wanna talk FREEKIN out...

anyhow, i use a pair of jeans as a scale....i am slowly getting into them..i have done that from the beginning (as i dont own a scale)...otherwise i would weigh every 5 seconds and let it rule my life (been there/done that).....reality is inches lost (baggie clothes, smaller sizes means we are losing actual and true weight)....

stall small.........eventually the scale will catch up

dont wait for it is how i view it

to me, as i agree with butterfly here and others, a stall is in the mind...so for me, the scale is slowly moving downward....it sucks but i am staying the course...eating clean as i can, exercising and not being dramatic over the dictation of the scale and what it says or doesnt say.......on my TOM, i can gain 10 pounds...wanna talk FREEKIN out...

anyhow, i use a pair of jeans as a scale....i am slowly getting into them..i have done that from the beginning (as i dont own a scale)...otherwise i would weigh every 5 seconds and let it rule my life (been there/done that).....reality is inches lost (baggie clothes, smaller sizes means we are losing actual and true weight)....

stall small.........eventually the scale will catch up

dont wait for it is how i view it

I weigh once a week or less (working on week #2 away from the scale right now...) my jeans are also a good sign for me. My size 31 and 32 (12/14) jeans that were so tight a month ago are now loose. By next month, they won't fit anymore. This isn't something that can be judged everyday.

Edited by Teachamy

when I went to the doctor becuase of an ifection on week 3 I was up 6lbs and then I when to him yesturday and am down 15 since last week so I lost my wieght I gain due to the infection and starting soft foods and then an extra 9lbs....I dont own a scale and am now a month out and have went from a size 28 jean to 24 and now they are getting loose so I know I am doing some thing right...I will never beat myself up for losing and stick to the plan...