Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had some special K Cereal and for the first time I stopped before i was full and no pain! I've been getting bad reflux but surgeon on tues told me to take my nexium half hour before food, and I've just started doing that so maybe that helped too? Either way winner winner

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Special K Cereal with fresh milk and fruit sounds delecious. Big day 4 me. I get 22 staples out at 3pm. Gives me a chance to catch up with my dietitian and discuss my trials and also a chance to weight myself as i dont have scales that can weight me yet.

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Snap you two had the same Cereal haha wow exciting Kiwijet you can weigh in and catch up not so exciting about the staple removal but still it's moving forward. I had an eye appt after I had Breakfast and I was in his office and had the worst reflux and started dry reaching had to grab his rubbish bin thought I was about to throw up it was awful I had the shakes.

Let me know how your appointment goes today Kiwijet

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

How did you go kiwi jet did it hurt much to have staples removed?

Hi all, so staples out and Id be lying if I said it hurt much. Most I didnt even feel. I got a slap over the hand for straying from my diet, but was also told I wasnt the first and I wont be the last. But they did remind me if the need to ket the stomach heal as much as possible before working it to hard so everything has to be blended. Mashed potato, egg, greek yoyurt with low fat ice cream anyone?

On a better note I have lost over 12kgs so far which is great. The beauty of not being able to weight myself at home lol.

I was given nexium for reflux when i was discharged but havent needed it, but my nurse told me today that they want me to take it everyday until finished as it helps to protect my stomach staples whilst healing from my stomach acids. Anyone else get told to do this.

That's a fantastic weight loss wow you have got to be really pleased with that could you feel it in your clothes? I've got to take my reflux pills for 6 weeks I got told regardless of wether I had reflux

So you can't eat scrambled egg it would have to be blended? maybe that's why it hurts like shit when I've eaten scrambled eggs twice today you'd have think I should have learnt the first time I'm just over yogurt and pumpkin I might have refried Beans tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Shell yes I was under strict instruction to not have poached eggs or scrambled eggs till this week (week 4 mushy foods) and to still be careful as eggs are very chewy. I had a poached egg tied, smashed it up and chewed a lot and tolerated it but the next day didn't smash it up as much and threw it up.

Hows everyone traveling. Had a disappointing day. Visited the dietian to find that I haven't lost any weight this past week. Need to watch that i am eating properly at set times and not just grazing throughout the day. She did say that Im not in a weight lose stage yet with the diet but it was still disappointing all the same. Although I have lost 12kgs so far. Guess I maybe in a 'Stall'.

Chin up kiwijet, 12kg down is still a great achievement!

I've been away for my best friends birthday for a week almost, and up till yesterday was having only 2 meals, need to get back into routine esp drinking fluids. I'm exhausted from doing so much! Hope everyone is well

Oh Kiwijet

I hear you my scales haven't moved in over a week and since surgery I've only lost 7 kgs so I know exactly how you feel I'm not drinking enough I think my calories are too low so I today have eaten more including cheese glorious cheese my new brand of Protein powder I just got gives me the s**** I've had it twice now and within 5 min I'm on the toilet

I don't know what to do either. I thought at this early stage I'd be losing more I'm disappointed too Kiwijet.

Sent from my iPhone

Dont worry Shell I think we need to be realistic and look at the long term. My dietitian said that Im not in a loss phase at the moment anyway. I think because we have gone from liquid to pureed foods has our bodies holding onto what it can. But stalls are not uncommon and if you read Bella's post earlier she mentions that weight loss will come. Its funny how we all have different schedules. I am on 1 week liquid then 2 weeks pureed before going onto soft foods and a full diet. I think Demon has about 4 weeks on pureed or soft foods. All I know is that I can't wait to get off pureed food. I get diarrhea from time to time which I have to watch as I dont need any accidents in public. But stall or no stall my clothes are starting to hang off me abit so thats a plus.

I think probably we are losing inches but not on the scales that's super common I think I just expected the three week stall everyone talks about but didn't expect one this early.i can't remember when I go onto soft foods il have to look it up purée is quite yuck I can't eat the same thing twice except for when it's scrambled egg. And I love cheese I'm happy to leave everything else I can eat more than I expected an entire yogurt a whole egg etc. do you find the Water hard Kiwijet I do it makes me gag I add limes lemon low cal cordial very rarely but it's a lot

I'm finding it real hard with being back at work.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

Hi guys

I know the feelings of the stalls that you guys are having you start thinking crap how could I not lose weight I have barley eaten this week or oh no this is not going to work for me what have I done to myself was it a waste!! Etc I can't explain the body but I promise you it does come off!!

I had a few stalls and bad food days but it all still has dropped off!!! It will happen to you all as well I had and still have days I eat more and can fit more I get scared still but then I have days I can't fit much in so its balancing it out for me.

This is the best weight loss tool ever ????