Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmmm it's just so little food isn't it I know going forward food is not going to bring me joy which I know is a good thing but sad at the same time I can drink a cup of Soup now no issues that's a cream of chicken Soup a dry sachet mixed with Water. Kiwijet I can't believe you have staples on the outside how do they feel are they sore? I'm taking my dressings off today I've got glue so no removal for me my next appt is in a month and it's over the phone as I live 5.5 hours return from my surgeons and NUT office.

Sent from my iPhone

Just 3 of them. Shell i would like to think we will still be able to enjoy food. Maybe just not quite as much. But can live with that I intend to be the best petite gourmet chef I can lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using the BariatricPal App

Kiwijet

Ouch did it hurt getting them out?

You have got other incisions? I've got 5 in total I removed the dressings today 2 are not healed and bleed so I redressed them. I've just had some cottage cheese it's quite awful as its cold I tried to heat it up first um big mistake it turned to curdled liquid I will have to eat it cold I've had a yogurt today over two sittings and a coffee. I bought some snapper I'm going to cook it and eat it as its soft it should be ok I hope I might flake it up me out it into some cauliflower purée.

How was your visit to the surgeon? Is he happy with your wounds and recovery so far?

Sent from my iPhone

Actually its not a surgeon apt but a visit to see his nurse this friday to get the staples out. Ive been quite naughty and ate half a chicken and veg pie over an hour. Went down ok. Yeah i have six incisions with 18-20 staples. post-285690-14598336337647_thumb.jpg

I just had an appt with my surgeon he's really pleased with my progress. Said the next 6-8 weeks will be the hardest as I learn to eat solids again. I see him again in 6 weeks. Wounds have healed really well, glue is all off now so I can start rubbing Vitamin e oil in to help the scarring.

We will still be able to enjoy eating, and if anything we will appreciate our food more and I know I will be concentrating on making sure it's good food what I eat, not shit. Eating half a tin of tuna right now, it's delicious! (I've always been a massive tuna fan)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Kiwijet that's very naughty! Lol how do you feel now about it?

Kiwijet

That's so naughty you have to not do that

You could damage you new small tummy and cause a leak you have to be careful eventually you will be able to go back to eating nice things in small quantities but not yet I just tried to have some fresh snapper I baked in some paper but it hurt all the way down and hurt once in my tummy it's not purée I guess so here we both are trying to run before we can walk everything will happen in time. You have an extra incision than me I can't image removing the staples is pleasant that all. I'm finding the waiting before drinking after eating really hard I'm having to set an alarm as I can't wait I did shit with Water today

Sent from my iPhone

Demonchick

Are you nervous about eating solids? Have you had much trouble with soft foods at all? I love tuna too my go to will be a stash of tuna in my car for work so at this point this far along you can manage 1/2 a ton of tuna that's it?

Sent from my iPhone

If I eat a whole can i get reflux and it just sits there, not a nice feeling. So I eat half a can and I'm comfortable. I'm very conscious not to eat too much and stretch my stomach, cause a leak etc. after all it's not fully healed yet.

I had to have a liquid only diet for first 2 weeks - if it couldn't be drunk through a straw I wasn't allowed to have it. Then I moved to puréed food and if it isn't puréed enough it hurts. My notes from my dietician say to avoid chicken breast and steak and roasts as those meats are really dry, once I do get to solids. I'm nervous about starting solids, as I don't want to be in pain, throw up etc. I found it really easy to know when I was full on liquids but that's because liquids go down easier and move through the stomach easier, and I'm definately struggling a bit with the puréed but I just need to make sure it's moist and puréed well. It's not forever, if I can't suck it up and follow my surgeons instructions for a few weeks then the reality is I probably wasn't mentally ready for the surgery hey?

No I wouldn't say you weren't mentally ready I mean how do you prepare for what we are going through as you can't imagine it even. Not many people could relate to what we are going through either I've done a lot of research around stretching the sleeve as that was a big concern for me what I understood is they actually remove the most stretchy part of your stomach the bit left is not very stretchy you would have to eat and stuff yourself all the time to make it bigger also people have the idea that there tummy has stretched as they can eat more later on its due to the fact the swelling has gone down in the stomach so clearly there is now slightly more room I think from what I learnt the biggest thing is not to eat and drink as it just flushes your food out so you need to eat more leading to gains. Those are just things I've researched and found so far

Sent from my iPhone

Kiwijet it's hard I know I love pies too I'm just worried about you getting a leak or hurting your tummy it's going to be hard I think I don't like purée Breakfast and lunch is fine dinner not so I think soft foods will be easier how many weeks are you on purée for????

Sent from my iPhone

I feel so sick I've been dry reaching can't vomit but feel really sick have a very sore stomach internally I feel like I've done some damage eating that fish

Sent from my iPhone

I am lucky so far i havent had hardly any pain. I am on pureed food for two weeks. I have been given a plate with a picture on it if how much i can eat when i go onto solids. At the moment im lucky to be eating one quarter to one third of that.

Shell I've read multiple articles and even my surgeon has said some people end up putting all their weight back on, and even more! Because they don't change their old eating habits, they still eat too much for their stomach etc. I refuse to be one of those people.

I feel your pain about the stomach, might be best to avoid fish for awhile your clearly not ready for it? And how do you purée fish anyway? Lol.