Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys and welcome to you @@Kogo

Great to hear from you

Hey @@VSGmary great to hear your from Melbourne too

How are you finding the sleeve?

I was sleeved in Feb 2014 so been done just over a year and loving mine....I have hit a wall trying to budge under the 90kg but am hoping the gym will get things moving for me (after the initial muscle weight gain)

I am down 50kg's so far and 60kg's since the beginning so I am very happy with my progress

@@Bellarose stalls just happen and it won't last long.....probably just Fluid

@@Kogo you have been through the hardest part......won't be long till your back on normal foods and feeling like your old self again...only lighter :D

Who was your surgeon??

Hi all

Welcome Kogo ????

Thanks Mary still plugging along my stall lasted 12 days!!

Hi Leanne

My second stall finally broke 2 days ago! I have now lost 15.1kgs as of this morning I have started jogging again just 10 min short jogs twice a day easing myself back in to the running!!!

How is everyone else going?? Hope everyone is well loving the sunshine here in Melbourne today!!! ????????

Ps. 7 weeks post op tomorrow!!

Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker of this site but haven't posted in years (or ever!).

I live in Melbourne, Doncaster to be precise and I had lap band surgery in 2006. It was revised due to a slip in 2008, then revised again in August last year for the same reason. The revision band ended up getting infected and two weeks after the surgery I was hospitalised for 9 days and on IV antibiotics. I came out of hospital but went back in again 10 days later and in October had to have the band removed as the infection had returned.

I'm now looking at other options and I've researched and discussed with my surgeon and a new surgeon who he referred me to, about the gastric sleeve or gastric bypass. Bypass is looking like the best option for me as I will have a lot of scar tissue from having 3 X bands and 1 X infection so the risk of leaks with the sleeve are quite high in my case.

I am seeing Mr Paul Burton who operates at the Alfred hospital, has anyone here been a patient of his before?

I'd love to hear your experience if you've been a patient of his, or if you've had a similar background to mine with multiple lap bands then revised to a bypass.

I'd love to stick around and be part of this group as I navigate my way through my next surgery and hopefully new and improved health!

Edited by Amy*

Welcome Amy!! I wish you the best of luck on this new journey!!

You will love the sleeve!!

Well I finally did it I'm in the 70's today 79.4kgs that's 16.8kgs gone!!! I could not have done it without the sleeve!!!! I am so dam happy!!! Did some light interval running last night felt so good!!!

My boys are finally noticing!!! My youngest asked if my tummy is diserpering I said Yep it sure is!! Lol

We are planning a family h'day as my husband has lost 23kgs!!! We need to Celebrate this!!

We are thinking Bali

Happy Easter everyone I hope you all have a wonderful break!!! ????????????

Happy Easter everyone xx

Thanks Bellarose :)

It's looking likely that I'll be having the gastric bypass rather than the sleeve though, as after 4 surgeries I will have too much scar tissue where the band was to safely staple/stitch in that area if I have the sleeve.

Has anyone in Melbourne had the bypass? I'd love to hear your story!

Two weeks until I see the surgeon again, hopefully he can get me booked in and I can start this journey again!

Thanks Bellarose :)

It's looking likely that I'll be having the gastric bypass rather than the sleeve though, as after 4 surgeries I will have too much scar tissue where the band was to safely staple/stitch in that area if I have the sleeve.

Has anyone in Melbourne had the bypass? I'd love to hear your story!

Two weeks until I see the surgeon again, hopefully he can get me booked in and I can start this journey again!

Good luck Amy!!

Well I am 9 weeks out today and I have to say I am shocked at how much I can eat already! We had visitor this weekend so couldn't hide I had to eat pizza I could eat half a slice so I managed to hide the rest!

I put on 1kg as well but I did eat bad, Easter eggs in the house a biscuit here a chip there as they just slide down!! Dangerous I now know this!!

The few mouthful days are over already??? Did anyone else find this?

I am finding I am hungry every hour or so and can eat a small amount each time which I could see I would gain weight easily if I give in to this feeling!! Then I don't know of its hunger, head hunger or just thirty as I can't work out the feelings still it feels like hunger but could be anything!! Fighting it today!!

I am stressing as I need to lose another 15 to 18kgs feel scared this journey is over already!!

How is everyone????

I got my surgery date today! And it's in 10 days!!

Saturday 2nd May I'll be having the RNY gastric bypass.

After four prior surgeries, ending the removal of my lap band, I can't wait to have this journey come to an end, followed by a new beginning!

How's everyone else?

Hey all,

I've had trouble logging in and I'm overseas at the moment. I got down to 73kgs before I left, there are no scales here and I'm pretty scared that I've put on weight. I get home on the 1st of May.. I'm hoping that there isn't much damage!

post-194291-14297003893441_thumb.jpg

post-194291-14297004147044_thumb.jpg

My 21st :)

@@nerms happy 21st b'day!!! You look so stunning in those pictures!!! ????????????????????????????

73kgs is fantastic I am sure you won't have done much damage!! Look forward to you being back its been so quiet in here!!

@@Amy Congratulations on getting a date hun you will be so much happier with the sleeve ????

Amy, that date is so soon! The day after I get back from Turkey, looks like we both have a countdown! I can't wait to get home.

@@Bellarose100 just read that you got into the 70s, THATS SOO GOOD!! You must be feeling great :D how exciting

Edited by nerms

Also, I'm finally minus 30kgs ????

Amy, that date is so soon! The day after I get back from Turkey, looks like we both have a countdown! I can't wait to get home.

@@Bellarose100 just read that you got into the 70s, THATS SOO GOOD!! You must be feeling great :D how exciting[/quote)

@@nerms wow congrats on hitting 30kgs off your body!! That's so fantastic!

I am stuck on 19.8kg loss hoping to move again this week!! Was 76.4kgs last weigh in feeling so much better! Would be happy to just get another 10kgs off at this stage!