Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@Bellarose100 No I didn't have one of those.

They just said that if they find a hernia going in that they would fix it up in there....

Is that what they are looking for a hernia??

Did you get your surgery date yet??

Hi Leeanne

He did mention hernia but was talking about reflux? I do get it a lot now that I am bigger so I am worried he will find something and not do the surgery! I hope I am just being silly!

Yes yes yay finally got a date feb 9th as he is on leave from jan 10th and my PHI doesn't kick in till 13th of jan so it's and extra 3 week wait which I am ok about I just want the surgery!

@@chez did Simon make you have a gastrostomy ?

My surgeon also asked me about reflux. He explained that when they go in to do the surgery he will check my gall bladder (won't stop him doing the surgery, it's just a courtesy) and also check the opening of the stomach to osephagus. If this is lose, it can be the cause of frequent indigestion/reflux and also as a courtesy he'll tighten it up if required.

Hey @@Bellarose100 I wouldn't stress as I think that reflux can be caused by a hernia and he probably just wants to check it out to see if he needs to fix that too.

I got reflux and mine was nothing so don't stress I am sure it will be fine.

You can ring and ask him (or the nurses at his clinic) what they are doing this test for and will it stop the operation or will they just fix what they find during the same op.

Some Dr's do this test routinely I think but Chez may know.

I know that when we tag Chez it tags another chez so I am not sure if she is getting the messages or not??

@@Dislexicon sounds like you have a fantastic and thorough surgeon :)

I have heard that after getting the sleeve, patients can often have trouble with their gallbladder down the track.....I think that would be from weight loss but not sure 100% why

I know that I am on Nexium for reflux. They told me to take it after I was sleeved and I am still on it.

I am on the mild dosage but if I miss a couple of days it can get bad so I have 1 per day and they said I may always be on that, or may end up coming off.

I think it's due to the small stomach and it's common in sleeve patients but again I haven't asked too much about it so not 100% sure

Thanks ladies I am feeling much better about it after hearing from you both! can't wait to hear what chez has to say, they booked my surgery his assistant was arranging the team he works with for the date

At least I can enjoy Xmas now fully before I start Opti for 2 weeks!

Hey Bella,

Nope didn't have one of those. Just had blood tests, ECG and various other appointments. Did something show in your bloods that's why he's asking? I dunno matey. Good luck with it all.

Did anyone feel Hungary 5wks post op and weight loss hasn't changed in a week :(

Hey Bella,

Nope didn't have one of those. Just had blood tests, ECG and various other appointments. Did something show in your bloods that's why he's asking? I dunno matey. Good luck with it all.[/quote

Hi Chez

No idea no mention of anything bad in my results he said I am very healthy he asked about reflux I do get it at the moment so he was talking about checking reflux and hernias @@Chez did you have reflux?

Edited by Bellarose100

It's called a hiatus hernia. It's as I explained before about the opening of the stomach to the esophagus... They ask about the reflux as it us a symptom of a hiatus hernia. If you suffer reflux it indicates to your surgeon that while he's exploring your innards, he should check it out and see if he can tighten it up. Most surgeons will do that as well as inspect your gall bladder and remove it if needed.

Don't be concerned about guarding information from your surgeon in case it may delay surgery. Your surgery going forward and being successful is in their best interest.

@@Bellarose100 I did have a little reflux but he didn't ask for one. No idea why he's asking for it but don't stress all will be fine. :) I had the best anaesthetist when I had my op. Good luck with it all.

Hey Leanne. Cut all my hair off and feel much better xx hope you are well!!

OMG @@chez ,,,,,,,,,,I will have to see it,,bet it looks gorgeous!!!!

I am thinking about getting the side shaved and leaving all the rest long :o :o

Freaking out thinking about it but it looks soooo cool I LOVE that look.

Growing it back will be a Biatch tho

If it's a hiatus hernia I am fairly sure they will fix that during surgery, at least that is what my surgeon said he would do if he found one.....don't stress all will be ok.

Ok so this is a little off topic and I am sweating just writing about this but, last year I went for an ultrasound and xray on my knee to see why it was swelling and they found a tumor in the bone (unrelated to swelling), which, thank you God, turned out to be benign.

I had to have mri, ct and then finally a bone biopsy which was very unpleasant but worth it to find out I was ok.

I have to have it monitored every year for 3 years to make sure it hasn't grown or changed, and have recently been for an mri and ct to compare to last years.

More common that we know, apparently. People may have them but until they go for an xray or scan for something else, they don't find them till then.

Hopefully mine is that one and not the one that has recently come on and is still growing

So I have been waiting for ages as I got it done at a different hospital and they did a report but didn't compare it to last years so I had to go back and take all the films again and am still waiting for the results.

The first results I got back I don't think it has grown much so hopefully the results will be ok.

I know deep down that they will be but there is always that horrible voice in the back of your mind saying PANIC!!!!!

I want to slap that voice in the face.

Anyway I just felt like I needed to talk about it as I thought writing it down may help with my anxt with waiting for the results.

I think what has made this all so much worse is I didn't go to see my regular doctor as I couldn't get in, so when they got the results back from my ultrasound they called me that day (on hubbys birthday) and told me that I needed to see them straight away....when I went into her room she told me to sit down, put a box of tissues in front of me and said....these tests have come back looking like you have something sinister....you have a tumor and it looks like it could be cancer.

My regular doctor whom I went hysterical to the next day told me that she should never have said that and that a lot of the time these tumors are benign but still once you have been told that by a Dr you tend to lose the plot.

Anyway I am trying to be positive, but I just want to know that its all ok and I want to tests back and results to be positive so I can relax about it all for another year.

I shaved the side of my head coupl weeks ago hehe

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Leanne.

I've got a plethora of medical complaints I live with and I often get the feeling from doctors that they have little or no concern for how you may cope with what they are telling you and also if they have conveyed the information in a way that us sensitive but gives you all the information you need to understand the situation.

I hope it all stays good, by the sound of it you've got a good doctor who will keep on top of it for you.

I'm just wondering if any of you are juice drinkers and if it's something that you find beneficial after surgery or do you stick to the Protein Shakes?

At the moment I start my days with a fresh juice with a mix of fruits and vegetables and I'd like to continue this after surgery.

Also interested to know what brand people find is best for the Protein Shakes?

It's sometimes hard when most of the blogs, vlogs and forums are full of feet, inches, pounds and brands I've never heard of.

So it would be great to have some home grown advice on which products you guys find stack up cost wise, taste and of course the all important Protein and nutrient content!