Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think everyone will be different. I know for me, I have a small bite or two of bread at a meal. If the rice is mushie, I'm okay but I have not been able to really eat Pasta since being banded. Again, I can have a bite or two but that is it.

For me, my restriction plays a big part. I just got a small unfill and things are going down with a bit more ease but Pasta used to be one of my big feasting foods so I don't want to get too comfortable eating it again. I hope that makes sense.

I can eat Pasta, rice, and toasted breads. Last night I had a slice of thin crust pizza. It all depends on what your body can handle...but just remember that all of those things are bad carbs and helped get you to where you are in the first place :D

I have 3 words about those three things...Forget about it!! Well at least thats the way it is for me anyways....like the girls said above...I think it is different for everyone...but I cannot tolerate them at all....best of luck....POPT

At the moment, I have no fill in my band... I'm a baby bandster!

I cannot eat bread, or yeast based cakes (buns etc) not even a couple of mouthfuls without pain.

If it's toasted... then that's a different story, however I dont' see myself being able to eat them with any more restriction than I have at the moment.

I can eat rice and Pasta, with no problems whatsoever, but that could change once I'm filled!

I have no problem eating bread Pasta and rice. I try not to eat them but a spoonfill here and there go down just fine. Believe it or not, I have a hard time with cold cuts....sliced turkey breast or deli ham is a surefire slimefest.

It depends on the day and often the time of day :D

In the morning, never, later in the day sometimes. But pizza crust, regardless of how thin is a no go.

I can eat some breads usually toasted. I have a hard time eating most foods that are dry. I can eat Pasta if it has alot of sauce on it. But like they said above carbs are most likely what got us into the boat that we needed the band. However, I have the hardest time eating raw veggies and white meats go figure :>

I am able to eat bread, rice and Pasta in very, very small amounts ie. a sandwich for me would be a little less than a quarter (no crust); Pasta would be about 1/4 cup. Rice I don't really bother with cuz I can only eat about 1/8 cup and nothing else - so not worth it (I rarely eat potatoe for the same reason). If I do have these things, I make sure I have some veggies mixed in, even in the pasta.

This is exactly what I was looking for in the band - being able to eat anything, but in really small amounts (aren't we all).

Good luck!

Can you ever eat bread, pasta, or rice, with the lapband? Just curious.

I can eat Pasta, rice, and toasted breads. Last night I had a slice of thin crust pizza. It all depends on what your body can handle...but just remember that all of those things are bad carbs and helped get you to where you are in the first place :D

exactly-Although I was never a Pasta fan, brown and sticky white rice have always been my favorites. Because i think of the band as a tool, I plan to severly restrict rice and make it a special occassion item. The band does not solve our food choices-it only works if we make the right choices.

My ability is similar to Katgirl's. I can eat it all, but much less of it, than of other things. I can eat more Protein, than I can these things. They feel like they swell when they hit the pouch, so a really small amount is plenty. But that's all good by me. I still enjoy a taste now and then, but cannot go overboard, which I ALWAYS did before!

Kat