Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did any of you experience Hair loss to the extent of having to use hair pieces or wigs? Or did a lot of you just experience minimal hair loss?

Did any of you experience hair loss to the extent of having to use hair pieces or wigs? Or did a lot of you just experience minimal Hair loss?

I'm 9 months and had hair loss from 4 to 7.5 months. I lost a lot in clumps. Now stopped at 9 months and starting to have regrowth.

This reminds me of my mom when she had chemotherapy... she lost all of her hair.... but guess what it all grew back in and much thicker..... Her hair was beautiful until she passed on.... she still had a thick head of hair in her nineties...... I am sure that if we lose hair it will only grow back in and maybe thicker. ONE thing.... you HAVE to get your Protein in if you want to minimize hair loss..... it's very important!!

Oh yes, I am in the full wig stage at 5 months out....but I started to use rogaine about month ago and its now coming in thicker than before but still has to grow out...sucks but what can you do?

I am four months and one week out and have not experienced any Hair loss. I began juicing about a month ago replacing Breakfast with my juice made from spinach red cabbage carrots cilantro mint apple and orange. My carb count is up but it has helped with hair loss and energy. My weight loss hasn't slowed down either. I feel amazing!

I was so scared of this. I read so many stories from people who had major Hair loss. I'm just over a year out and had no hair loss at all. It remained thick. I actaully believe I lost more hair before surgery than after surgery. I think I am one of the lucky ones.

I had Hair loss from 3 months to 6 months after surgery. Now I have baby hair "Mohawk" where it's all coming in and standing straight up. I have fine, thin hair due to thyroid and other problems so I went in to see about extensions to thicken it up. I was told it wasn't "bad enough" for that. My close friends noticed it after I pointed it out, no one else did. I worried about it more than I should have, in retrospect. I wish I'd not borrowed that mental trouble. I was so sure I was going to be bald! I'd say don't worry about it until it happens and even then, between shorter hair, extensions, wigs, etc, it's a non issue

Edited by gamergirl

I seem to. Be losing hair. It was also recommended to take botin Vitamin supplement for hair, nail and skin. It was the skin itching that was driving me crazy. It seems to have helped some. Took about three weeks to see a difference.

I am taking Biotin, but I have noticed more hair loss primarily in the shower. My hair is very fine so I had it cut short a few weeks ago in anticipation, and had it layered to give it body. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is minimal but I will deal no matter what happens.

I was losing hair in clumps but then someone from Whole Foods told me to Shampoo with Grandpa's tar soap. I thot they were crazy but I would try anything! It works, I still lose hair but not in clumps. I use a conditioner to help with thd smell. It does leave a film in your hair but I just wear it up. Way better than losing it in clumps:)