Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared..Surgery in less than two weeks

Thanks Butterfly.....glad to know I am not alone. I really just want Tuesday over and done with so I can start the baby steps to my new life.

Best of luck everyone!

Kelly in NJ

I'm having my sleeve on 5/14 , I wish you all the best of luck! It is definitely the right thing to do for our health. We have to remember we do not live to eat we just need to eat to live.

My surgery is on the the 14th too. Good luck!!

Good luck to all the May 6 sleevers! (my surgery is scheduled for May 15...I'm day 5 of the pre-op diet and I can't wait :))

I hope you don't mind, I added you all as friends. Maybe we can all go through this together and support each other. Good luck to us all!

Add me please I have my surgery 12 may count down time and I understand about missing the food, I don't know if it's I can't have it right now or what. Looking at the bigger picture my health.

Hey I am also new I al having my surgery may 27th. Any advice to calm my nerves ??

I will have mines on the 12th may will let you know how it goes

How are all you May 6th peeps doing? I hope well!!

I've been following you guys. I'm May28. How are all the May 6th sleeves doing?

I'm May 28th too! :D

Well, I am two days post op. Still swollen and mild pain, but doing much better. Having a hell of a time getting in my liquids and Protein as I am just not hungry. Plus I have been drinking too fast and causing pain. How is everyone else doing?

I'm a may 6'er and I'm doing well. Had a large hernia fixed also. Stayed 2 nights in hospital. It's a full time job getting fluids/protein in, but it's going okay. I can tell today fluids are going better than yesterday. Hope to get my fluids and Protein goals in today. I got up early and moved to the couch and got started sipping and taking pills and Vitamins. I feel like I have to burp a lot even though I take chewable gas-x. Hopefully that subsides soon.

I was sleeved on Monday .I also had a hernia fixed . I know what your saying about the full time job of getting everything in. I've almost gotten my fluids in (8 oz short). I have a long way to go for the Protein. Yesterday I had more pain I think I was going too fast. Today I will practice going slower. Prayers to all of us:)

I just want to say good luck to those of you with surgery coming and i hope you feel it was worth the nerves for those of you who just had it. I had mine back on dec 18th. Best christmas present EVER! My only regret is not doing this 10 yrs ealrier. I too was an emotional eater and just plain loved food. Now I getting to the point where I can enjoy some different foods again. I got rid of all the "dinner" sized plates in my house and now use salad sized plates for meals. Even my kids do. I portion everything and trust me, you wont miss all those foods. I was seriously addicted to Pasta and sugar and now dont really care for either. I eat to live now, not live to eat. Staying busy and active will help immencely as well as exercising daily. Also carry Water with you everywhere you go and everytime you think about food just drink. Great way to get your water in especially at the beginning. Lol. Remember that you are/did have that hunger hormone removed along with your stomach so you just need to change your mindset. Good luck to all of you. I wish you the best in you new life journey.

Edited by kimba6999

I've been following you guys. I'm May28. How are all the May 6th sleeves doing?

I'm a May 6th sleever as well! Doing pretty well... I've been home two days, and like everyone else, getting all liquids and Protein in is a bit of a challenge. Just not hungry, but I try and eat every time my hubby does, and to only eat Protein fortified things, i.e.: greek yogurt with a scoop of vanilla Protein powder in it (yummy!). Yesterday I think I got 70grams of protein, but that was with drinking a shake, which I think detracted from my Water, I may have only gotten 48oz of Water yesterday... woke up with a dry mouth.

On the pain side of things, just the incision on my left (where they took my stomach out) is sore, I still have to splint it when getting up or down from a chair, etc. And both nights before I went to bed, I had episodes of getting my night time pills "stuck" then stood there trying to get them to either come back up, or go down for about 20 minutes. Last night I had the brilliant idea of taking a gas x strip when this happened, since really it feels like you need to let out a big burp. That seemed to help, I was able to go to bed a few minutes later with no more issues. Tonight I'm going to try and take my bedtime pills a little earlier. So all in all, healing up pretty good, and I took a chance, and stepped on the scale today: down 3 pounds from surgery day!

That's awesome Butterflyeffect. Keep us posted. Sounds like you are doing a great job! I hope you are walking lots and lots and resting some too. Congrats on the 3 lbs!