Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May surgery peeps from lapband to bypass?

Not quite May but close. I'll be revising from band to bypass on April 29th and I'm so nervous.

I'm right behind, May 7th. You will do great! I will say a prayer for you too. I also am band to bypass.

Thanks@@tebowfan! I'll be sure to check in afterwards and will definitely keep you in my prayers as well.

Not quite May but close. I'll be revising from band to bypass on April 29th and I'm so nervous.

That's awesome! Are you on a liquid diet? And that's this week! Yay! How do I foot you? Haven't quite figured this out.

Yes, started liquids last week and it has been tough. The only thing keeping me sane is that I am in the middle of a home remodel and trying to pick out things to ensure most of the work can get done in my absence. I'll be staying with my parents for a week after surgery and my father will be playing project manager with the contractors. I friended you...I think that's what you meant ;-).

EmergingMissp: you are doing great! I started on Tuesday with liquid diet. The no coffee really got to me and I feel sluggish but much better as far as feeling better. I just finished home renovation and I can't imagine throwing it into the mix now. I am glad u friend requested. Not sure how to do it but yay me, I have a friend:)

I haven't started liquids yet. Right now I'm enjoying the foods I know I will no longer be able to have, that's probably why I have gained LOL. I should be starting soon just waiting on the ok from my dr.

I did the exact same thing and the morning of my liquid diet I still wanted my go to honey roasted nuts, Mmm. :) your time will be here soon. The first 3 days were bad but only because of caffeine withdrawal. Keep in touch. Still figuring out this sight.

When contacting Insurance Co, should I ask what's needed to be approved for revision from band to bypass? Or Just ask about approval for gastric bypass? Help. Thanks

When contacting Insurance Co, should I ask what's needed to be approved for revision from band to bypass? Or Just ask about approval for gastric bypass? Help. Thanks

To flygirl: just call your insurance say u r wanting to know if you are approved for surgery. The first person I spoke with had no record of it so I had to push further and say it is with the review person pending approval. They put me on a 3 minute hold and called that dept to find out cause it doesn't show up in customer service dept. I then asked for direct number, which they gave. This number was for "care notifications". Ask for reference number once u get an update for the next time u call. Each tine I asked what they are waiting on.

Can't wait for you to be approved!!

Thanks

Well, I am up and getting ready for today. My surgery was moved up to 11:30 eek. Praying for those scheduled for today as well. I am hoping that they can complete the band removal and bypass in one surgery. So glad to finally be getting rid of this horrible band.

<p>Well, I am up and getting ready for today. My surgery was moved up to 11:30 eek. Praying for those scheduled for today as well. I am hoping that they can complete the band removal and bypass in one surgery. So glad to finally be getting rid of this horrible band.</p>

So excited for you! Praying for you & quick recovery:) I'll be there in a week from tomorrow , yay! Can't wait to hear from you.

Thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes. Its been a rough few days pain and all, however I am feeling better today now that I can pass some gas (TMI sorry). I am so glad I did this and I'm sure it will get better. Still having a tough time with liquids but working on it.

Keeping You all in my prayers and wishing you the best.

To EmergingMissP, how did your appt go today? What did your dr say about your swelling is everything ok? Just a little worried about you.

<p>Well, I am up and getting ready for today. My surgery was moved up to 11:30 eek. Praying for those scheduled for today as well. I am hoping that they can complete the band removal and bypass in one surgery. So glad to finally be getting rid of this horrible band.</p>

So excited for you! Praying for you & quick recovery:) I'll be there in a week from tomorrow , yay! Can't wait to hear from you.

@@tebowfan

Good Luck tomorrow...keeping you in my prayers. You will do great. See you on the post op side