Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I had a setback today and wonder how much I hurt myself.

HELP! I had my sleeve surgery 2/24/14 and up to now have done relatively well, down 32 lbs so far. I slipped badly today(Easter) and ate at least 10 milk duds. I am so afraid my brain is trying to return to previously learned bad habits. I don't want to sabotage myself. Did I overstretch my stomach out? It sn't hurting, but who knows how it will be as it goes through my system.

I think many of us did the same thing today. I ate a chocolate covered marshmallow egg and had 4 bites of pumpkin pie. I do not do this everyday. Today is a holiday and I am going to forgive myself. Overall, I do not think I out ate my sleeve. Two months ago I would of had 2 pieces of pie and 5 or 6 pieces of Sees candy by now! On the positive side, I left the stuffing and yams alone!

You'll be fine. Just get back in the saddle. Lots of us had holiday eating outside of our plan. Monday is gonna be a good day :)

Me too. I am really struggling and scared. I too am afraid i will burst stitches. I am 11 days after surgery and can't seem to sense fullness. Hungry and afraid it didn't work. I was hoping I would feel fuller. Losing but don't know if it will get better or if I am blowing it. Any help from experienced is appreciated.

The vast majority of people in this world do indulge on holidays. That is normal and typical and NOT a sign you are regressing. You had 10 milk duds. Did you eat three servings of dinner and then a large slice of pie and then sneak another one when no one was looking? That is unhealthy and abnormal behavior. You stopped, you recognized, you give yourself a break. Feeling guilty over these choices will only lead to more self-destructive behavior.

I think if we could be perfect with our diet, we would not need to have WLS! Some slip ups are expected and happen to everyone. The surgery hopefully gives us the ability to continue past our stumbles to continue on our journey of acheiving and maintaining a healthy weight. I do think that we've been on so many failed diets that it is hard to get that little voice out of our head that fears we will somehow fail at this too!

No worries! I've done way worse! I had a good day today, but I definitely want more junk-type food right before my cycle starts, and sometimes I have given in.. It's actually nice that my idea of a "binge" now is so moderate. Like your 10 Milk Duds! :)

I can say that I prefer the way I feel, both physically & emotionally, when I don't give in. There was a lemon cheesecake eyeing me today in the worst way, and some spinach cheese pinwheels that really wanted to derail my day. I somehow let them pass me by, but earlier this week I totally collapsed in the presence of a bag of PopCorners. Man, those bad boys are delicious!

I ate a chocolate bunny ear. Milk chocolate. It was really good!!! I don't feel the least little bit guilty either.

Me too. I am really struggling and scared. I too am afraid i will burst stitches. I am 11 days after surgery and can't seem to sense fullness. Hungry and afraid it didn't work. I was hoping I would feel fuller. Losing but don't know if it will get better or if I am blowing it. Any help from experienced is appreciated.

I have had the same worries. People are telling me that early on we are drinking sliders. Things go through our pouch easily. I am 7 days post op. They said it will change when we introduce solid foods. What are you eating now?

It is so hard I'm 20 days out !!! And never sure what to eat always have a Protein Drink in morning instead of coffee 50 grams protein!! Then at times I try fish!! I love my steamed vegs but can't have them yet live on low calorie Gatorade !!! I do try some Soup or cream of wheat nothing taste the same!!!

Im with lockill..im almost 2 weeks out and i do shakes, G2 and Water everyday...i have had cream of Soup and yogurt one or two times....today was a holiday and i ate one teaspoon of mac/cheese, one teaspoon of potato salad and 3 forks of cabbage!! I got full instantly!! Today is back to water/shakes

I do find my self checking and looking around and thinking of different stuff I can make that will go down!!! I really need to stop I feel like I'm falling in to bad habits again!!! Uggh this is harder then I thought!!!

I had 2 small pieces of angel food cake I made. 1 at lunch and dinner. I made it with lite cool whip and strawberries. It's been Feb since sleeved and we need to treat ourselves once in a while. I didn't over eat on Easter. Don't beat yourself up.

They can work on the stomach, but we have the real hard work dealing with what's going on in our heads. To the OP (and to all of us who indulged, including myself), you're going to be fine. Try to stay focused and remind yourself why you had the procedure to begin with.

My own calorie count came in at about 1750-1800 for the day yesterday. Darned that creme brulee at the restaurant! It was delicious. A year ago, I would have had 3 or 4. This would have been on top of whatever I had at the main buffet. My calorie count would have been 10,000 easy, so I'm OK with where I'm at. Protein shakes and fish for the next few days, though!

Be well everyone…

The worst I have done so far was 1 bite size piece of chocolate. I felt so guilty I have not done it since. And besides that it really didnt taste as good as it use to.

Look to the future. Keep your mistakes in your pocket for future reference, but dont let yourself fall into a pattern.

Next time you get that urge for a sweet, go grab an egg or piece of turkey.

The worst I have done so far was 1 bite size piece of chocolate. I felt so guilty I have not done it since. And besides that it really didnt taste as good as it use to.

Look to the future. Keep your mistakes in your pocket for future reference, but dont let yourself fall into a pattern.

Next time you get that urge for a sweet, go grab an egg or piece of turkey.