Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on my 2nd round of 2 week pre op diets. The first time I lost 17 lbs but my surgery didn't happen because I had recently had URI and the anesthesiologist couldnt get my oxygen levels to stay high enough when I went under. So, it is rescheduled for April 22 and I am 1/2 thru the 2nd preop diet. I'm having a very hard time this time. My weight is going up an down like a yoyo...I am bloated, constipated and emotional as hell! Trust me I am drinking plenty of liquids! AND unlike last time, I am hungry. I may be pre menstrual but that seem unlikely as I had my last cycle in March (it lasted 2 weeks) and the one before that was 6 months prior!! I've lost 57 lbs since January an today is the first day in all these months that I have felt very much like I just want to throw my hands up and say EF IT!

There are other things going on right now that are hugely stressful and my usual coping mechanism is food. I'm working hard on changing that, but to top it all of I can't do my usual workout because I burn more calories than I take in every day!!!

I think I need a sponsor....

Sponsor? You mean buddy or what?

Sponsor? You mean buddy or what?

Yes...a buddy. Like an AA sponsor. I have a GREAT support system at work and amongst family, but 99.9% of them don't understand what I'm truly feeling.

There may be some here who might want to take on that roll but mostly, this entire site can be your buddy. There are many long term relationships here where we all provide a support system to each other. Sure, there's a few knuckle heads here and there but for the most part there's always more than one or two people here who will relate to what you're going through as long as you're not an ax murderer ;)

Just start a new topic/thread whenever you want some feedback and someone here will chime in.

tmf

Lol! Not an axe murderer :-). I was thinking more in terms of finding an overraters anonymous here close to home and attending meetings. I truly feel like an addict right now.

Did you see this post from the founder/creator of this site? BariatricPal is trying to start up local chapters for support in many cities. Yours may be one? Click on the link below and good luck but be aware, there are thousands of people on this site so many eyes will see your specific concern and many will respond!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/304185-bariatricpal-local-chapters-charter/

Hi there, you have all my sympathies for having to do the pre-op twice. Geesh. But you know what, you are doing GREAT. 57 pounds is fantastic -- and your surgery date is coming up and you'll be so far ahead of the game. The period of time following surgery and prior to getting to the right fill can be a difficult time for some people and the weight your shedding now will go a long way toward getting you through. I so totally get the whole connection to emotional eating and it seems particularly tricky to be on a restricted diet -- liquids, shakes, whatever -- when you're wrapping your head around the upcoming surgery and lifestyle change. I remember being worried about what it would be like afterward, would I miss such-and-such. I kept reading posts people put up saying they didn't miss what they thought they would but I didn't really believe it until it was me. I feel so completely happy and content with my band -- I honestly feel like I'm out of food jail. But boy, pre-op -- now that was doing some serious time. Just know you have got it in you to get through and you are choosing yourself and your health first. Sending very best wishes to you!

I am on my 2nd round of 2 week pre op diets. The first time I lost 17 lbs but my surgery didn't happen because I had recently had URI and the anesthesiologist couldnt get my oxygen levels to stay high enough when I went under. So, it is rescheduled for April 22 and I am 1/2 thru the 2nd preop diet. I'm having a very hard time this time. My weight is going up an down like a yoyo...I am bloated, constipated and emotional as hell! Trust me I am drinking plenty of liquids! AND unlike last time, I am hungry. I may be pre menstrual but that seem unlikely as I had my last cycle in March (it lasted 2 weeks) and the one before that was 6 months prior!! I've lost 57 lbs since January an today is the first day in all these months that I have felt very much like I just want to throw my hands up and say EF IT!

There are other things going on right now that are hugely stressful and my usual coping mechanism is food. I'm working hard on changing that, but to top it all of I can't do my usual workout because I burn more calories than I take in every day!!!

I think I need a sponsor....

Hang in there. You're stronger than you know. You CANNOT say EF it! That's how you got to the point that you needed surgery in the first place. You are worth the effort. I got a new mantra from someone else on this forum. She said "a compliant bandster is a successful bandster". I am an old band patient, and I got off track. Guess what happened? I put on weight. I lost focus. Do NOT take your eyes off the prize. I have a picture of a sleeveless Ralph Lauren dress I am wearing in July sitting on my desk at work, taped to my refrigerator, and tucked in my dash board. I WILL wear this, strike that, ROCK this dress when I go to Philadelphia in July. What do you want to do? Why do you want to lose weight and get healthy? Can you take a picture of it and put it in your high risk areas? BTW, my trick to not being hungry during the liquid phase was to gulp my Protein drink down fast. I don't really know why it worked, but one day I was in a hurry to get back to clinic and I noticed that after "slamming" my shake, I wasn't hungry two hours later like usual.

I am curious about the last thing you said: Why can't you put yourself in an extreme calorie deficit? As long as you're getting the correct nutrition, your body gets what it needs, regardless of the calories spent during a work out, right? I may be misunderstanding you, or there may be some sort of exercise rule that I'm not aware of. Oh, lol, and I have NEVER worked out hard enough to burn more than I take in! lol Anyway, if you really can't do that workout, can you modify it?

Good luck!!!

jbanks1274...you have two of the best folks (2muchfun and bandista) (and now techasgirl) responding to you. 2muchfun and bandista have helped me out a lot, so know we are here for ya. I am only 3 mths post-op, and have had a few issues, but I feel so much better when I look on this forum and see others have the same or similar issues. so stay looking for answers here or ask your doctor/nurses they have great ideas too...since they have been doing this for along time (most of them anyways)!!! you are going to do GREAT!!! can tell that now...you are working out and I haven't been able to do that quite yet. so please don't be so discouraged...will chat with you after your surgery and I know you will be thinking better then too!!! hang in there sweetie...we have your back!!!