Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sweet - I hardly ever eat bread, sometimes I eat a piece of reduced calorie wheat toast. As for taco shells - I have had a taco since I have been banded, but maybe one or two, I usually don't eat tacos.

There are some things that I just can't start eating again because I know once I start eating them, I'm not going to be able to stop. Tacos, any kind of Pasta, any kind of bread - I just can't. I love food so much and I know what my triggers are and I am just afraid enough not to do to it. That's just me. Some people say that this is not a diet and I get that, its not. But - if you feel like you are weak when it comes to certain food, I don't think that its wrong to exclude them until you are strong enough to be able to just eat one or just a little bit. At this point, I am not strong enough. (lol)

Agree 100% with what you said. I do the same thing. I do eat taco shells but that isnt a trigger food for me but bread, Pasta etc all is so i decided when i signed up for surgery those were gone!!!!!!

i have two picky kids and a picky husband that also has a wheat and corn (and god knows what else) allergy. (try cooking a meal everyone will and can eat... i dare you! i have exactly two recipes that fit the bill)

i homeschool my kids (which means i am home with them all day every day with almost no breaks).

i plan my food separately than their food most of the time. i eat baked oatmeal in the morning, have hard boiled eggs, yogurt, veggies and hummus and almonds for Snacks, left overs for lunch and Protein and veggies for dinner... usually meatballs, sausage or chicken. very simple. easy to plan. plan all your food choices out in advance.

i go to yoga 2-3 times a week. swim once a week with my kids, walk once with a friend and go to a dance class with another friend. i plan ahead when this will happen.

if you do not put your needs first, no one will do it for you. i had this surgery for myself. because 10 years of putting my husband and kids first left me fat, sick and miserable. no one is going to rescue me, fix me, make me fit, make me happy or put me first. its all on me!

plan your meals, learn to cook, get yourself to the gym or just go outside and run around with your kids. make yourself a priority. learn to put yourself first. you only get this one chance, dont waste it waiting for something magical to happen. it already did. you get a second chance at life, but only if you take care of it.

Well said moonlight!

i have two picky kids and a picky husband that also has a wheat and corn (and god knows what else) allergy. (try cooking a meal everyone will and can eat... i dare you! i have exactly two recipes that fit the bill) <br><br> i homeschool my kids (which means i am home with them all day every day with almost no breaks). <br><br> i plan my food separately than their food most of the time. i eat baked oatmeal in the morning, have hard boiled eggs, yogurt, veggies and hummus and almonds for Snacks, left overs for lunch and Protein and veggies for dinner... usually meatballs, sausage or chicken. very simple. easy to plan. plan all your food choices out in advance. <br><br> i go to yoga 2-3 times a week. swim once a week with my kids, walk once with a friend and go to a dance class with another friend. i plan ahead when this will happen. <br><br> if you do not put your needs first, no one will do it for you. i had this surgery for myself. because 10 years of putting my husband and kids first left me fat, sick and miserable. no one is going to rescue me, fix me, make me fit, make me happy or put me first. its all on me! <br><br> plan your meals, learn to cook, get yourself to the gym or just go outside and run around with your kids. make yourself a priority. learn to put yourself first. you only get this one chance, dont waste it waiting for something magical to happen. it already did. you get a second chance at life, but only if you take care of it.

Yes I like that I'm trying so hard to make my sleeve work for me.. I will thinking to start myself on diet pills for a month or so to increase my weight loss what do u think ?

You are trying to get healthy. Do not use diet pills for gosh sakes!!!!

"Losing hair like crazy"! That sounds like a Protein deficiency. How are you doing with Protein shakes? As for meals, I will include a few recipes that may help you get by. They worked for me.

http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

Would like to no if u guys eat bread and the shells for tacos!

Generally, I don't eat bread. When I am out, I do eat a taco as a meal including the shell. Prior to surgery, I would eat 5 at a time but post-op, my stomach limits me to one.

Yes I like that I'm trying so hard to make my sleeve work for me.. I will thinking to start myself on diet pills for a month or so to increase my weight loss what do u think ?

i think you should follow the plan your doctor gave you. i cant imagine why anyone post sleeve would need diet pills for goodness sake! exercise, eat 60-80 grams of lean Protein, get 64 ounces of Water, avoid high sugar and processed carb foods, dont drink your calories.

get back in to see your nut!

My opinion might be counter culture here on the boards. I believe that you should use whatever help *you* want as long as there is no harm to another and hopefully not to said individual. Sometimes extra help is needed to increase metabolism even if you are doing all those things. If diet pills are frowned on (which I do not agree with), then the same people would also preach specific diet plans (IF, 5:2, WW, whatever) are not acceptable to help lose the weight. Unfortunately, we are not all built the same so we must each forge our own directions. And while they may overlap in small or large ways, they are uniquely catered and personalized to an individual to help them be them most successful. For example,I find eating 1800 calories of clean food, 220g Protein, drinking 2-4 liters of Water a day and working out daily are the keys to my success. Has been for a year now. Will this work for someone else? Probably. However, it sure works well for me and that is where it matters.

Edited by Fiddleman

one thing to remember though, there is no "diet pill" that will increase your metabolism. it doesnt exist. if it did, none of us would have needed surgery. all diet pills... supplements and medications....are stimulants. taking a stimulant and speeding up your metabolism ate different things. there are only a few things that speed up metabolism... exercising, eating, fever and some metabolic disorders. take your pick. diet pills isnt one of them.