Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Clara! It's really like you read my mind with your post. I am a week into my pre op and I cheated today!! I'm PMSing and needed salt. I just had a sausage patty and feel sick to my stomach. I'm so disappointed in myself.

And I was thinking if I can lose weight, cheat, then get right back on the wagon, why cut out 80% of my stomach!!!

I'm scared and these second thoughts are a killer! Reading these posts help. But my mind is still confused.

Okay ladies and gents, I am just back from target (for the 2nd time today) and those EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control ready made shakes are on sale for $4.49. They have 17g Protein and 100-110 calories per container. I had a dark chocolate for dinner and it was ( for a Protein shake) GOOD! I also had an unjury chocolate splendor for lunch today and it was good too. The Bariatric fusion I had this morning made me want to cry. GROSS! I had some egg drop Soup for a snack and some raw baby carrots. Those are not allowed but it was either that or kill someone. I figure how bad can those carrots be??

Ps- I am a nursing student and need the ability to take my protein with me anywhere. Which is my reasoning for buying ready to drink. Otherwise, I'd be powder all the way.

Edited by mommyjamie

Honestly, if you were not nervous, there would be some deeper issues. I too have gone through all the steps and will be having surgery the end of the month. Until I got the approval from the insurance company I was fine. Once the approval came in, the panic started. To sum up a very long story, if you are having any anxiety know that it is totally normal. If it would help, talk to a nurse or your surgeon and discuss your concerns. I had over 40 questions for my surgeon and she took the time to sit with me and answer all of my questions and reassure me that I was making the right decision. There are also tons of support groups aside from this website, which has been a God send to me, that can help you. Just relax and know that what you are feeling is normal. This is a HUGE commitment being nervous is OK.

Hey mommy...those EAS are the only ones I drink! I'm heading to target tomorrow to see if they're in sale... Thanks for the heads up. I do hope that after I'm sleeved (actually, IF I get sleeved) that I still like them...

Take a walk, a nap, sit in the sunshine, anything to change your focus. Count those blessings and know that this is so worth it. Find a hobby. Clean a closet. Do something. It works, Jamie. You have kids - play with them.

I too am on and off the roller coaster of doubt...it is very, very real. I say to myself maybe I can do this on my own...but yes, after 15 years of trying on my own, I need help. I have an awesome surgeon who doubles as a comedian and it helps. His staff is there for nee also...I'm thinking I may just need to utilize their offer to help during those difficult times by being there to reassure us. Right n now I feel a little anxious as I have to prepare for my sleep test...it is not easy. Then some days I'm so siked and excited I can hardly contain myself. Blogging truly helps me keep my emotions in check and continue at an even, stay pace on this journey. Here is to hoping we ALL have a safe and blessed journey with fantastic end results! We can do this!

Completely normal! I was a basket case but now at just 12 days post-op, I can already say this is one of the best decisions I've ever made!

I am so praying this turns out to be me! Lol. Congratulations!

Edited by mrsbailey921

My surgery is 23rd... I am doing or trying to do my 2 week pre-op diet (i'm having one egg a day in place of a shake cause they make me gag).

I am all for the surgery...I sped through the process like a freight train (about 2 months)... I don't know if it's the feeling that I'm failing at the pre-op diet or because the date is so close by, but suddenly I'm so scared. What if I have a clot, what if I have internal bleeding.. What if I'm starving, what if I can't take care of my 2 kids... Do I really need this? I will never be able to indulge again...

I'm so scared and it's making me panic with anxiety...

Please tell me this is normal and that I'm not crazy. I suddenly feel that If I had will power I can do this on my own.....But we know that's not gonna happen, and def not at 40. I can't even stick to a damn pre-op diet, what makes me think I can stick to anything else.

I'm so sad, scared and confused....

I know what you mean by the shakes but I found such a great tasting one! Go grab Designer whey Protein.. They have vanilla almond, chocolate, double chocolate, vanilla praline! Mix it with almond milk 30, 40 or 60 cal. I find the 90 cal one too sweet when mixed with the vanilla flavors.

Make sure you use a Blender Bottle or for a thicker consistency use a blender with 4 or 5 ice cubes!

You can find designer whey at the vitakin shoppe or online!

P.s the nerves are completely normal. Don't worry you'll be totally fine! My surgery is in 4 days! :) im convinced the pre-op diets also aid in putting us on edge as well lol.

Hi my name is Didi and I'm 3 months pre op waiting for my surgery date too. I'm think late June early July do to my Aetna insurance requirement .. I'm also going thru the what if and will I wake up after surgery ; I guess Bc I lost my brother in his sleep 3 years ago and he was 20 years of age! ...I also sd to myself I will be fine Bc it will benefit my health and I probably want suffer from anxiety no more .Trust me I'm coming to realize that we all have this fear but we will be fine down our journey and realize this was a great thing we had done for ourself :) good luck and be brave ! We are all here!

I did well on my pre op diet and wondered if I really needed to go through with the surgery. I think I did well BECAUSE I was having the surgery. For the first time in my dieting history I knew it wasn't coming back. I think that was my key to success.

I also was worried that I was not waking up after surgery. I gave my husband instructions. We talked through financial decisions so that my missing income wouldn't destroy the family. I Told my 22 yr old daughter what I'd like her to do with her portion of my life insurance (wedding, down payment on home). I cleaned and organized my office at work and tied up loose ends so anyone could walk in and take over. All of those things made me feel better.

I knew there was a possibility of not waking up, but I knew I would DEFINITELY die early if I didn't have the surgery. My blood pressure is high, one knee was so bad I could barely walk. I get out of breath walking upstairs in my home and from my parking space to my office. I have sleep apnea. It's only a matter of time before diabetes shows up.

I woke up : )

You are not the only one feeling that fear : )

WOW...HONEY YOU NEED TO READ SOME OF MY POST....I WAS "PTSD"'A PRIOR TO SURGERY DISASTER! LOL, I.COULDN'T sleep, I CRIED ABOUT EVERYTHINGGGGGGG!!! I WAS A REAL MESS....I.MEAN A MESS!! I RESEARCHED EVERYTHING HORRIBLE, NOBODY COULD TELL ME ANYTHING DIFFERENT. I WAS GIVEN TWO SHOTS FOR MY NERVES, AND ANOTHER 1 ONCE I WAS IN THE OR! IM 4 DAYS POST OP, AND I FEEL.PRETTY GOOD. IM SORE, OF COURSE, BUT NOTHING UNBEARABLE. IT'S TO BE NERVOUS, YOU NEED TO TALK, SAY IT, AND VENT. YOUR GOING TO DO WELL!! CALL ME ANYTIME 6103501272!!!

I did well on my pre op diet and wondered if I really needed to go through with the surgery. I think I did well BECAUSE I was having the surgery. For the first time in my dieting history I knew it wasn't coming back. I think that was my key to success.

I also was worried that I was not waking up after surgery. I gave my husband instructions. We talked through financial decisions so that my missing income wouldn't destroy the family. I Told my 22 yr old daughter what I'd like her to do with her portion of my life insurance (wedding, down payment on home). I cleaned and organized my office at work and tied up loose ends so anyone could walk in and take over. All of those things made me feel better.

I knew there was a possibility of not waking up, but I knew I would DEFINITELY die early if I didn't have the surgery. My blood pressure is high, one knee was so bad I could barely walk. I get out of breath walking upstairs in my home and from my parking space to my office. I have sleep apnea. It's only a matter of time before diabetes shows up.

I woke up : )

You are not the only one feeling that fear : )

Wow! I can really relate to what you shared. I have truly been going through those thought too. So glad to see this post, and also encouraged because I have the same surgeon (who I think is awesome). I know I need to do this for my health, that is the main reason that I was able to say yes to this, without some of the struggle of "do I have to do this". Plus I had 3 of my doctors who kept asking me if I had considered surgery for health reasons. I am glad I made this decision.

Now I just try to work through the nervousness etc. =)

Angi- you will love our surgeon. He may seem cold or stiff but he's really a softie at heart. Please feel free to reach out to me if you need anything. I'm only 5 days post OP, so I'm certainly not an expert but I'll share what I know. Are you having your surgery at Riverside or Southside?

The unknown is what scares us all. I did realize following surgery it was 10 times easier than I expected. I expected the worst of everything, and none of it happened. My husband and I are now relaxed. But it took awhile LOL. He ate about 4 fried shrimp at a seafood festival in Florida 2 weeks ago, and I wanted to run (because I did not want to see him get sick lol). He did not get sick. Life is so good with this weight loss that I want to pinch myself and see if I am dreaming! Hang in there everyone, the best is coming, that is when you CAN RELAX after the surgery.

My surgery is 23rd... I am doing or trying to do my 2 week pre-op diet (i'm having one egg a day in place of a shake cause they make me gag).

I am all for the surgery...I sped through the process like a freight train (about 2 months)... I don't know if it's the feeling that I'm failing at the pre-op diet or because the date is so close by, but suddenly I'm so scared. What if I have a clot, what if I have internal bleeding.. What if I'm starving, what if I can't take care of my 2 kids... Do I really need this? I will never be able to indulge again...

I'm so scared and it's making me panic with anxiety...

Please tell me this is normal and that I'm not crazy. I suddenly feel that If I had will power I can do this on my own.....But we know that's not gonna happen, and def not at 40. I can't even stick to a damn pre-op diet, what makes me think I can stick to anything else.

I'm so sad, scared and confused....

I can definitely relate to your post hopeful! My surgery is on the 30th and I am so freaked out about the entire thing. To top it off I got to reading a thread about all of these people who were regretting what they did (all post-op). My big thing is that when I get scared I run. I had a SUPER long talk with my husband about it. In the end, all of the advantages of the surgery trumphs any negative ones or scary feelings I am feeling.

For me, I just have to keep understanding that the way I am feeling will go away. I just need to keep in mind all of the positives of surgery and letting the negatives take a back seat.