Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Morgan, I'm so sorry to hear you have been struggling. I think it's important for people contemplating surgery to hear everyone's experiences. So vent away. I

When I was first out of surgery warm liquids went down much easier than cold, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a Protein rich chicken Soup that was a godsend the first few weeks. Also try different fluids, Water too was harder for me to get down, but Vitamin Water Zero, no problem. Even if you have to suck on sugar free ice pops, you need your fluids. Best of luck, we only know if someone is struggling if they post. So never fear backlash for giving your honest experience.

@Mrs. Whatsit ,,,someone may have posted this already, but Snapple is not good... the sugar/fruit in there will cause the problems you are experiencing if you are not eating much else, especially... is that on your doctors list? Mine does not include that at all...no Fruit drinks of any kind...

hope you are doing better

I'm so sorry you are having a rough time, I hope your doc can get you more comfortable and manage the acid ASAP! Hang in there!

Hang in there! I was sleeved on 4/3. Everyday is better and better. I could get nothing down without it coming back up the first day or two. I have been on a script for acid since I left the hospital, and that must be saving me from that agony. Make sure you do get the prescription! Remember that this operation also messes with our hormones big time! Take your Zoloft (I am on that to) and just do as the doc says. Good luck to you and keep us updated!!

What you are feeling I know alot of people on here on relate to that. So this is not new to any of us. I am truly sorry you feel this way. There is no turning back and you must try with all your might. I cried before surgery with the pre op diet. After surgery I though WTH did I to myself. But I gave it my all........I DO NOT REGRET a thing. I am about 93lbs down since my surgery date Nov 8th. Give it your all and trust at the end it will be worth it.... Wish you the best

I don't think there is one of us out there that had this done that didn't regeret it at one point. Just keep going. It will get better.

I am right there with you . I know happier days will come soon. It's hard. I rushed through the 7 months to have this surgery, and now I'm rushing to the days when I'm back to normal. Im miserable.

You are at the what the hell did I do to myself stage. We have all been there. It will get better, i promise!

@Mrs. Whatsit ,,,someone may have posted this already, but Snapple is not good... the sugar/fruit in there will cause the problems you are experiencing if you are not eating much else, especially... is that on your doctors list? Mine does not include that at all...no fruit drinks of any kind...

hope you are doing better

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Snapple is on the list of beverages to drink post op but I've stopped drinking them. I saw my doctor today and he says it will just take time. He suggested I mix my Protein with Water instead of almond milk and to try some other Protein powders. I tried some yogurt today and it caused me to have the same spasms as a Protein shake. My doctor said I could even just stick to Clear Liquids for the next week and give my stomach a rest. Time he says, it takes time.

I had these same feelings for the first three days post op. I couldn't eat my liquids, didn't want Water. All I wanted to do was sleep. I was miserable. I had no energy, couldn't get anything down. Everything made me wanna vomit.

It passes. I'm 2.5 weeks post op. And I feel great now. I'm on soft foods, going to school (went back one week out) struggled like hell the first week and now it's like I never even had a surgery. I feel like my regular self; there's just limitations on food intake and exercise.

It does get better. I promise. Right now you're hating yourself for this. I did too.

I got the Lapband and went through hell with it. Got so fed up, had it taken out and immediately swapped with the sleeve.

My whole life is different now. Once you feel better you won't regret it. You'll realize how much better off you'll be in life. I'm down almost 30lbs, and my BMI is down to a 38. And it was a 42.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

Ladies, How long did it take you get back to normal? I was approved about a month ago but havent moved forward yet because i have trips etc planned. I am wondering is a couple of weeks or longer. Reading the forum makes me think differently. I didnt realize it would be such a major process of healing..

Also I am converting from a band to a sleeve.

Ladies, How long did it take you get back to normal? I was approved about a month ago but havent moved forward yet because i have trips etc planned. I am wondering is a couple of weeks or longer. Reading the forum makes me think differently. I didnt realize it would be such a major process of healing..

One full month here.

@LookatmeNow34 Everyone is different on recovery...but I'd say a month is probably a good "average" on when you really start to feel normal again...no nausea, able to eat/drink, etc... if you have things planned, it's probably best to give yourself a good buffer. After about a week or so, I felt "normal", but I had a dehydration problem...so to the doctors I went for a "fill up" via iv fluids and didn't have another problem, except a bit of nausea that I thought would NEVER end...

Edited by BigGirlPanties

3 wks

I'm on the regret both with you. 7 days out today.

New Tanya, how are you doing now? Better I hope!