Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I am just a little over a month out and I am not losing weight! I am following the dr instructions and I am staying in the same spot and even went up a pound!! I am so upset and starting to regret even having the surgery. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!

Hi! I am just a little over a month out and I am not losing weight! I am following the dr instructions and I am staying in the same spot and even went up a pound!! I am so upset and starting to regret even having the surgery. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!

Tell me about it I'm going on my third week this coming Tuesday and I'm still only 14 pounds down I was 15 pounds down but I gained a pound. I was so depressed yesterday super down. I wrote on here yesterday and they told me it's normal to stall. It happens. So don't feel like the only one your doing great you'll start losing once again. How much have u lost?

Yep. i'm in the same boat. I'm also 3 months post-op and had a band to sleeve revision this past January and only have lost 7-10lbs. I had originally lost about 65lbs with the band but after two slips the doc said it will slip again and removed my band and revised it to the sleeve in one surgery.

I'm eating about 1400-1500 calories a day. If I eat any less than that I am hungry all day. I don't regret having it done. I know if I didn't I would weigh a lot more than I do now.

I just joined the YMCA and will start going this week. Hopefully with working out the weight will start falling off.

Stick to it. Put that scale away and wait it out...Your body is protecting itself from you. It stops and stores when it feels threatened. Just keep to the program and it will start to move downward as soon as the body feels safe...

Wonderful machines aren't we....

Don't give up, it will be worth it in time! Are you drinking enough Water? I find I lose more when I get all my water in. Also the more Protein the better. Good luck

Hang in there, it will come off. Think about what your body has been through in the past months : pre-op diet, a surgery that takes 85% of your stomach away, incisions, meds, especially for the revision surgery. I am a band to sleeve revision and I had a ton of scar tissue that needed to heal....so your body is working hard to heal and thinks it is being attacked so hoarding everything seems reasonable to the body. I agree with the Water drinking...if I stall (and I have many times in the past 10months) I add 8 more ounces of Water a day. That usually jump starts the weight loss again. I also have stopped with the weighing every other day....I weigh myself on Sunday mornings, after I have had enough sleep. First because I am trying to break some of my obsessive personality habits and go by how I feel and two because it was affecting my moods so much that I was not enjoying the journey to a better me. I am learning there is so much more to this surgery and lifestyle than losing weight. I have found that it is so much about learning to accept who I am and I have the power to think good thoughts about myself that have nothing to do with what I weigh. WHEW ... that was hard to type.

Anyway sleeve friends ... please don't give up and give yourselves a break....drink lots of water, go for a walk and let's all enjoy this amazing journey we have embarked on to better health !

I spent the first week post-op losing the weight I had gained from IV fluids in the hospital

Spent the second week losing some pounds

Third week, lost a few more pounds, then hit a stall through week four.

Week 5 lost a few more pounds.

Weeks six through nine, lost a few more pounds.

Weeks ten, eleven, twelve and thirteen,I totally plateaud (the entire month of March, in spite of low cal, low carbs, 800 calories, and everyday fitness routine including weights twice a week)

So.....on March 30th, I took my max carbs down from 50 grams to 20 grams per day, put my fitness program on standby, and took my fluids level up from 64 oz to 80+ oz per day

On Wednesday this week, I started losing again!

It's about time. I was falling into despair over that darn plateau). I have heard it a hundred times that with compliance, the pounds will start falling again.

So, hang in there. I am only ten pounds away from my third closet flush

Just sayin' stick with your program.

But I am suprised, pancake 1271, that at three months you are allowed 1400-1500 calories. My program has me at 800-1200. Every doctor and patient are different, I guess. At 900 calories I would start gaining weight.

sbaily1, chin up dear. Don't let this process get you down.

pancake that seems like a lot of calories! Can you talk to your nutritionist? You shouldn't be hungry all day, something seems to be off.

Stalls are perfectly normal. Your body is trying to figure out what you're doing and you're still recovering from major surgery.

Just continue to stick with your plan - you will leave Stallsville and head back towards Losertown in no time.

My personal story - I stalled between weeks 3 and 4 for about 10 days. I was so scared. I've stalled multiple times since then (I'm almost 5 months out). I don't sweat them anymore. I know I can control what goes in my mouth and how much I move my body. My body is going to move at it's own pace...

My doctor never game me a specific amount of calories i should be eating. He just told me to introduce regular foods as tolerated. I'm starting to really watch what I eat and log it in myfitnesspal and really try to make sure I a lot of Protein. I know my Protein isn't where it should be and have been trying to find ways to increase it without adding a lot of calories. I'm also trying to up my fruits and veggies and complex carbs and stay away from simple carbs. I see my doctor at the end of April for my 3 month post op appointment so i will find out how big my sleeve is. Today I' been really good on my calories with only having about 900 calories and about 75g of protein. I didn't get all my Water in today and will definitely try to increase it tomorrow. I'm going to try and eat like this for the next week or so and hit the gym too and see if the scale will move in my favor. Today was pretty easy to keep my mind off food if i was hungry because i was out playing/watching softball and was busy most of the day.

Hopefully by doing this will pay off.

Edited by pancake1271

What does that mean at 3 month check you'll find out how big your sleeve is? How do they check that?

Bad breath is common, it is ketosis. You are burning fat.

Me too. I lost 15 on pre-op diet. I was 220 on surgery date 1/22/14. I'm 206 now. I was happy. Inches have definitely come off. But at my surgeons office I could tell he was surprised that I didn't lose a lot. He asked me if I ate sugar. Um no everything is sugar free. He said to join a gym and get a trainer. It discouraged me in my heart. Not the gym part just the reality of the numbers. I feel great though and am happy with the sleeve. I'm just not going to be his biggest loser. I stay between 800 or 1000 calories a day. Add Protein to my Water.

What does that mean at 3 month check you'll find out how big your sleeve is? How do they check that?

I'll ask to see what size bougie he used to to create my sleeve. I do know it is wider at the top of the sleeve because of scar tissue from my lapband. I could tell that from the swallow test the day after surgery . The Fluid didn't go straight down. It kinda went over to one side a bit before down through the sleeve. That might be why I feel a little bit more hungry and can eat a little more than other sleepovers. Im just glad im not gaining and maintaining. I guess that is better than nothing.