Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! This is my first post, I was sleeved May 1, tomorrow I can start full liquids, creamy Soups, yogurt. I'm actually a little nervous about it. Has anyone tried those yet. Thanks!

Hi everyone! This is my first post, I was sleeved May 1, tomorrow I can start full liquids, creamy Soups, yogurt. I'm actually a little nervous about it. Has anyone tried those yet. Thanks!

I went for my first post op appt today (May 1 surgery) and my Dr told me I can now have creamy soups. No lumps or bumps. This will be fore two weeks and then I can go to soft foods. I am feeling great and am down 13 lbs!! Im so happy!!!

I went for my first post op appt today (May 1 surgery) and my Dr told me I can now have creamy soups. No lumps or bumps. This will be fore two weeks and then I can go to soft foods. I am feeling great and am down 13 lbs!! Im so happy!!!

Hi Slimk!!! I've only weighed once I don't want to get discouraged if I'm not down a lot. As of Monday I was down 6, I had a lot of Fluid after surgery! Yay us!

Today was day 6 post surgery for me. Today the Protein Shakes were making me gag! Yuck just sick of the fake sugar sweetness! I called Nut and she said I could blend up some potato broc Soup w some 2%. It was delish! Only could eat 1/4 cup but so satisfying:)

Is anyone else having probs w this fake sugar thing? Even though I am overweight! I have always ate whole foods and try to stay from processed, sugar free, and fat free foods. I just used to eat to much of healthy foods.

I'm May 28th! Good luck to us :D

May 29th here!

I finish my preop stuff tomorrow with my nutritionist appt., hoping to get approved for a May 29 surgery!

Today was day 6 post surgery for me. Today the Protein Shakes were making me gag! Yuck just sick of the fake sugar sweetness! I called Nut and she said I could blend up some potato broc Soup w some 2%. It was delish! Only could eat 1/4 cup but so satisfying:)

Is anyone else having probs w this fake sugar thing? Even though I am overweight! I have always ate whole foods and try to stay from processed, sugar free, and fat free foods. I just used to eat to much of healthy foods.

I am scheduled for surgery on May 12th but I have struggled with that during this entire pre-op diet. The shakes are all so sweet and I also try avoid processed and sugar and fat free foods. I have been making one with plain greek yogurt, frozen mixed berries, unsweetened Protein Powder and a drizzle of raw honey. I couldn't imagine adding sweet syrups and other stuff to the powders. I also added a little coconut oil to some of the others which helps a bit too.

I know what you mean about the taste and sweetness of the Protein drinks and powders. It's really difficult to get used to. I finally just gave up and went with the Protein Drink that provided the most Protein for the least volume and calories, which so far has been the Premier Protein Drinks that you can find in stores such as costco. They don't taste terrible--the chocolate can pass as chocolate milk, and the vanilla, while a little too sweet for me, is kind of like a pudding.

I've also found the unjury chicken Soup is pretty good--tastes like Lipton Noodle Soup without the Noodle.

I sure hope you find something that works for you, Amy373 and badabing!

I personally LOVE the taste of my protien drink!

I personally LOVE the taste of my protien drink!

So what are you using?

Slimk - how are you doing now? I had my surgery on May 5th. I am getting a little better every day, but still having a hard time getting all my liquids in. I can really tell if I take too big of a sip - it is uncomfortable. Haven't even tried Protein Drink yet since Water is still difficult. I am happy that I am not hungry and I am down 17 pounds since pre-op visit (5 since surgery). I am beginning to wonder when the drinking will get easier? Curious as to how you are doing with everything?

Edited by MichelleBryant

Congrats on making it thru surgery! Gosh, thank you so much for posting. I have my surgery on the 8th (Thursday) and am really scared. I am so relieved to hear you aren't hungry. I know what you mean about the liquid diet because I am starving. So why six incisions instead of four?

Not sure why 6 incisions - they told me that going in - maybe just how they do it? I did have a hernia repaired at the same time so maybe that was it? This was my 1st surgery so no scar tissue to deal with.

Well I am 6 days post-op and I am feeling pretty good. I am down 10lbs from the date of my surgery and down 20lbs from my pre-op visit. I am getting better with getting the 64oz everyday but I am struggling with the Protein. The shakes make me sick. Is anyone else having this problem?

What kind of shakes are you having? The BariEssentials Protein shake that my doctor required (4 a day and nothing else of substance except for 1 c of chicken broth) for one week pro-op, was so vile that I couldn't keep it down. I was either vomiting or a breath away from getting sick. He doesn't let us pick what Protein drink to have - it has to be either BariEssentials or Optifast. I called to see if I could have anything else and they VERY reluctantly let me switch to Premier, which I can tolerate without any nausea (at least the chocolate ones). Only 3.5 days to go. I'm looking forward to the surgery even more now since it will start my journey to being able to have stuff other than the Protein Shakes. I wish you luck!

Today was day 6 post surgery for me. Today the Protein shakes were making me gag! Yuck just sick of the fake sugar sweetness! I called Nut and she said I could blend up some potato broc Soup w some 2%. It was delish! Only could eat 1/4 cup but so satisfying:)

I am scheduled for surgery on May 12th but I have struggled with that during this entire pre-op diet. The shakes are all so sweet and I also try avoid processed and sugar and fat free foods. I have been making one with plain greek yogurt, frozen mixed berries, unsweetened Protein powder and a drizzle of raw honey. I couldn't imagine adding sweet syrups and other stuff to the powders. I also added a little coconut oil to some of the others which helps a bit too.

You are so lucky! My doctor won't let us mix yogurt, berries or honey into ours. Only SS FF Gelatin, crystal light, or non-carbonated, sugar free drinks like coffee.

Well I am 6 days post-op and I am feeling pretty good. I am down 10lbs from the date of my surgery and down 20lbs from my pre-op visit. I am getting better with getting the 64oz everyday but I am struggling with the Protein. The shakes make me sick. Is anyone else having this problem?

What kind of shakes are you having? The BariEssentials Protein shake that my doctor required (4 a day and nothing else of substance except for 1 c of chicken broth) for one week pro-op, was so vile that I couldn't keep it down. I was either vomiting or a breath away from getting sick. He doesn't let us pick what protein drink to have - it has to be either BariEssentials or Optifast. I called to see if I could have anything else and they VERY reluctantly let me switch to Premier, which I can tolerate without any nausea (at least the chocolate ones). Only 3.5 days to go. I'm looking forward to the surgery even more now since it will start my journey to being able to have stuff other than the Protein Shakes. I wish you luck!

Lucky you! We obviously use the same doctor as he owns the company that makes BariEssentials. I had to drink those shakes for FOUR weeks prior to my surgery on May 5. Right now I'm struggling to get all my liquids in, still having quite a bit of pain, and oh the leg cramps. I see the dr again for follow up tomorrow before trying to get home to Kentucky.