Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh it's so exciting to meet another Canadian!! Are you having the sleeve? When do you start your pre-op diet? Sorry for all the questions, it's just interesting to see if our experience will be the same or not.

I love questions lol I start the Optifast on May 14th and I'm dreading it lol the surgeon said most likely sleeve because I have less than 100 lbs to lose. How about yourself? Where abouts are you in Canada hun?

Hey! I already know I'm having the sleeve. My surgeon puts us on a diabetic boost or glucerna, with Water only, liquid dieat for 1 entire month! They thought my surgery would be sooner so I've already been on it since the 17th!!!!!!!!!! It does get easier as it goes along. I'm losing .5lb a day average. I'm wanting to lose less than 100ibs also. I live in Victoria, BC. Where do you hail from?

Hey! I already know I'm having the sleeve. My surgeon puts us on a diabetic boost or glucerna, with Water only, liquid dieat for 1 entire month! They thought my surgery would be sooner so I've already been on it since the 17th!!!!!!!!!! It does get easier as it goes along. I'm losing .5lb a day average. I'm wanting to lose less than 100ibs also. I live in Victoria, BC. Where do you hail from?

I'm from Canada too :)

Omg an entire month! I'm worried about my 2 weeks starting on the 14th lol I'm glad it gets easier! I'm just north of Toronto :)

I'm from Canada too :)

Yay! Where from hun?

Originally from Nelson BC, but have been in Fort McMurray AB for the last four years.

Originally from Nelson BC, but have been in Fort McMurray AB for the last four years.

I am also from Fort mcmurray!

Hey guys, we need some sort of Canadian place to meet up. I'm having a difficult time finding us girls online. When are your surgeries? Mine is May 28th. I'm from Victoria, BC.

That's awesome! Good to know there is someone local just in case! You never know when you might need some in person support.

And yeah it would be great to have a Canadian sleevers thread!

My surgery is May 12. Exactly two weeks away! Sh*ts getting real!! Lol. I start my 10 day liquid preop diet on the 2nd.

That's awesome! Good to know there is someone local just in case! You never know when you might need some in person support.

And yeah it would be great to have a Canadian sleevers thread!

Hey, I've just opened one called Canadian Girls....let's fill it up!

Where is it located?

Love to join it also!!

It's under

community then support groups.

I haven't posted anything yet, still trying to figure out how. If you can, post : )

Well my big day is this Thursday. I must say I'm still pretty excited but I am starting to get nervous now. I thought that this day was going to take forever to come but it has flown by. Fortunately I did not have to do a post op diet. The I can have Breakfast on Wednesday and the liquids for the rest of the day. I won't know until Wednesday what time I have to be there in the am.

Edited by amiliz06

Yes this week came so fast, I'm excited, nervous and anxious all at the same darn time.

Yes this week came so fast, I'm excited, nervous and anxious all at the same darn time.

I agree with Ashl3y - it does feel like this is getting real. I'm May 19th but have my pre op appointments next week. I haven't made any big changes yet but I'm sure that will change after next week. I'm nervous and just starting to get a little scared. In definitely more emotional and crying more easily but it's a going to be worth it in the end.

What really gets me is not knowing what to expect in terms of pain, mobility, and recovery afterwards because everyone on this app has reported such a wide range of experiences. Hope for the best and stay true is the way I'm going.

MB ????

QUOTE="Ashl3yOh"]My surgery is May 12. Exactly two weeks away! Sh*ts getting real!! Lol. I start my 10 day liquid preop diet on the 2nd.