Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your menu consist of?

I'm 6 months post op and sticking to healthy choices for the most part. Hard to change up certain "routine" foods. Curious as to what you all are eating on a typical day and what works well for you? My nutritionist still wants me to drink a shake between meals, do you? Since I keep hitting a stall every couple weeks, thought I'd change up my meal plan a little.

I am 3.5 months out. Today I had:

Before I left for work - slice of boars head chicken breast

Missed my usual premier Protein shake when I got to work

Had 2 pieces of beef Jerky mid morning

1/2 tuna cake (similar to a crab cake), 2-3 bites of salad

Quest bar

2oz salmon (dinner)

Evening snack - slice of boars head chicken breast with cream cheese

Pretty typical day besides missing my Breakfast shake. My appetite has picked up a bit, worries me. I have 3 meals and 1-2 Snacks, today I had 3 snacks! I also worked out at lunch and had a super busy work day.

I wonder all the time if I'm eating too much. 66 lbs down since December 16.

I'm also 6 months out. I do try to drink a Premier Protein shake every day. I also try to make healthy choices but I do admit that that doesn't happen as much as it should. I've been crazy about 100 calorie pretzels lately. Also been eating yogurt, cheese, and crackers. And most of the time, for my meals, I eat a little of what my family's having.

I definitely have one shake daily. My surgeon said he sees the best long term success in patients that continue to take a Protein supplement through the first year. Other things I eat... eggs, chicken, beef, tuna, just started a little salad, occasional banana, Beans, more chicken, yogurt etc. ..

9 months out.. Have a Protein Shake for Breakfast every morning. I love them and I feel better when I start the day with one. Scrambled eggs, egg whites, Unjury cheese sauce, ground beef, steak, chicken, lamb, cheese sticks, nuts, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, apples cut up a little at a time, bananas, grapes. Quest bars Mostly Protein, few complete carbs (maybe a bite of bread or noodles). A couple protein biscotti is the most I will do. Still working in salads but my surgeon said I should be able to eat them so I am doing a little more each time and happy it is going well!

Edited by SkinnyScrapper

I am about 6 weeks out and just finishing up the soft food stage. I still drink at least one Protein Shake a day, meatballs, Greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, sugar free Jello, chicken salad, eggs, and sausage.

I am 3.5 months out. Today I had:

Before I left for work - slice of boars head chicken breast

Missed my usual Premier Protein shake when I got to work

Had 2 pieces of beef Jerky mid morning

1/2 tuna cake (similar to a crab cake), 2-3 bites of salad

Quest bar

2oz salmon (dinner)

Evening snack - slice of boars head chicken breast with cream cheese

Pretty typical day besides missing my breakfast shake. My appetite has picked up a bit, worries me. I have 3 meals and 1-2 Snacks, today I had 3 snacks! I also worked out at lunch and had a super busy work day.

I wonder all the time if I'm eating too much. 66 lbs down since December 16.

I too have felt hungrier as the months go on, but try to stick to healthy choices or some sort of Protein if I need a snack. After asking many, it seems normal. Once I hit a plateau I'll admit I got worried, but realize that's normal too. My nutritionist says to add veggies & whole grains into my diet, not just protein. So I will eat some wheat thins with cheese or small portion of whole grain Pasta with a meatball & sauce or egg salad on half a multi-grain sandwich thin.

9 months out.. Have a Protein Shake for breakfast every morning. I love them and I feel better when I start the day with one. Scrambled eggs, egg whites, Unjury cheese sauce, ground beef, steak, chicken, lamb, cheese sticks, nuts, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, apples cut up a little at a time, bananas, grapes. Quest bars Mostly Protein, few complete carbs (maybe a bite of bread or noodles). A couple protein biscotti is the most I will do. Still working in salads but my surgeon said I should be able to eat them so I am doing a little more each time and happy it is going well!

I was so happy once I could eat salads....one of my favorite foods! :-) I make a great salad with spinach, farro, Tomato, mushrooms, feta, red onion, cucumber and mix a little prepared pesto with balsamic vinegarette. Delish!!!

I'm also 6 months out. I do try to drink a Premier Protein shake every day. I also try to make healthy choices but I do admit that that doesn't happen as much as it should. I've been crazy about 100 calorie pretzels lately. Also been eating yogurt, cheese, and crackers. And most of the time, for my meals, I eat a little of what my family's having.

In my busy life as well, I tend to eat a little of what my family is having, but I cook healthy for them too. If they're having something like pizza, then I have salad! :-) but we have gone out to eat & I've been a me to order from kids menu (grilled chicken) and even been to McDonald's and I've gotten a small cheeseburger & took it off the bun :-)