Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

Did you have your surgery in Mexico? I wish you the best of luck and so excited for you..I am hoping to have the sleeve done in June and I am so excited...post updated pic ..

My surgery was done at Westchester Medical Center in New York. Dr. Kaul was my surgeon and he has a wonderful team that have now become part of my family!

I had surgery in April 9th in venezuela and today is my 3rd week the anxiety is the worst i want to eat but for some reason my nutritionist put me on a 4 week liquid diet... I have no pain no nausea no dumpin or diarrea ... Im think on cheating on the diet everysingle hour of the day... i want at least chicken mashed potatoes and ground beef I want something to chew... on the other hand i've lost 46 pounds on 21 days... it feels good but i hate the anxiety is not even hunger its the urge to chew on food ...

This will sound gross. ... But I heard when Dolly Parton was on a diet she used to chew and spit out food. ... Just a thought if the craving gets too bad. .. You don't want to ruin your new baby sleeve. .....

This will sound gross. ... But I heard when Dolly Parton was on a diet she used to chew and spit out food. ... Just a thought if the craving gets too bad. .. You don't want to ruin your new baby sleeve. .....

I did that yesterday with some pizza and it helped a lot

No offense, but that is what people with eating disorders do. Not a good strategy!

Did this for the first time yesterday...took a bite of it, chewed it to where I could've swallowed it but I spit it out and I was soooo ok with that. Didn't wanna swallow it..

No offense, but that is what people with eating disorders do. Not a good strategy!

Im sorry but I beleive most of us have done this procedure because of our eating disorders....

Im sorry but I beleive most of us have done this procedure because of our eating disorders....

Wow, good point, didn't think of this. I've never done it, just cause I know I wouldn't have the strength to spit it out! I'd swallow that sucker down. :)

Wow, good point, didn't think of this. I've never done it, just cause I know I wouldn't have the strength to spit it out! I'd swallow that sucker down. :)

yes its very risky but it made me feel better at the momment, i wouldnt do it every day or wouldnt recommend anyone to do it, its just a risk that at the momment I felt ok trying it .. LOL :D

Im sooooo nervous… tomorrow I go to have my staples removed I have 19 of them. Im more stressed over this then the surgery itself. Im thinking of taking a pain killer b4 I go. I just heard its very painful… .

Im sooooo nervous… tomorrow I go to have my staples removed I have 19 of them. Im more stressed over this then the surgery itself. Im thinking of taking a pain killer b4 I go. I just heard its very painful… .

It's not that bad, but also not a bad idea to take pain meds an hour ahead of time, especially if your pain tolerance is low. Make sure you have someone to drive you if you're taking meds!

They just use a little instrument (staple remover) and it clips them out one at a time, real quick. Really not a big deal.

Good luck, let us know how it goes! :)

hi… how are you doing so far

I'm doing really well. Pretty much back to normal. How are you?

Rose - I had the sleeve and do not have any staples to be removed. Did you have a different surgery?

Rose - I had the sleeve and do not have any staples to be removed. Did you have a different surgery?

Some docs like staples, others don't. Mine did dissolvable internal stitches, but I've heard of many sleevers who have staples. I got my steri-strips taken off yesterday and as soon as the incisions look well-healed I will start putting Mederma on them to minimize scarring. People with staples may especially want to use Mederma, as the scars tend to be wider.