Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

Dont rush it. If u cant get fluids down and have to stay another day then so b it. Better then forcing yourself. I vomited after surgery....wasnt pleasant

I vomited the day after surgery. It was very scary. I have taken dilaudid before for my back but it must have a different element being in drip form. It made me very nauseous and flushed. Once we figured that out we switched to morphine but not before I had to get up whatever wasn't sitting right. I'm glad that is behind me.

Has anyone felt like Water is coming back up to their mouth? I had that problem last night so I sat up to sleep and that helped a lot. Excited to get past these few days immediately following surgery and on my way to recovery.

YAY - Good for you! Welcome to the other side!! ;). How are you feeling now? Gassy?? Swallow test yet? I'm 1 week post op today! Each day I'm feeling more & more normal... I was able to # 2 on day 5 post op! It was tough bit it happened.. Ta Ta

Oh good! Glad to hear. I've been wondering when it will happen. They sent me home with meds that'll help nausea and movement.

Hey everyone. I know they gave me something in the hospital for heartburn but cant remember what...do you know what we can take within the first few days post op for heartburn? I tried to call my dr but they are already closed for the day. Too much lemonade crystal light has my chest on fire!

Pepcid, Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta, and Prilosec. I have to say that I tried Pepcid and Tums first. They quelled it for about an hour, but then it was back with a vengence. Prilosec tabs and Mylanta liquid turned it off like a switch and has kept it turned off ever since. Good luck.

Pepcid, Tums, Rolaids, Mylanta, and Prilosec. I have to say that I tried Pepcid and Tums first. They quelled it for about an hour, but then it was back with a vengence. Prilosec tabs and Mylanta liquid turned it off like a switch and has kept it turned off ever since. Good luck.

Ok awesome. Thank you! I have several of those so I will definitely get rid of it tonight.

Im scheduled for thursday the 24th im getting nervous now. The thing that has me most scared is the fact that I wont be able to sip Water until after the swallow test and when I wske up now being a mouth breather my throat is soooo dry…… im. Hoping I will be well sedated that it wont bother me

Im scheduled for thursday the 24th im getting nervous now. The thing that has me most scared is the fact that I wont be able to sip Water until after the swallow test and when I wske up now being a mouth breather my throat is soooo dry…… im. Hoping I will be well sedated that it wont bother me

I have heard there is a mouth moisturizer spray you can buy at the pharmacy. Some people have talked their nurses into letting them crunch ice in their mouths as long as they promise to spit it out.

If nothing else, you can ask your nurse for mouth swabs. They are like little sponges on a stick they can moisten with mouthwash or Water and you can swab the inside of your mouth with them.

Is it very unlikely you will be sedated after surgery since they want you up and walking ASAP to prevent blood clots, relieve gas pains, promote bowel movements, prevent pneumonia, and accelerate healing. ♡

My surgery is the day after yours. I haven't found anyone else with an April 25th date. I'm also getting a little nervous but also more excited. The book I'm currently reading on my Kindle is "The Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients" which I highly recommend.

Good luck to all those having surgery this week, and speedy healing to all the fresh post-ops!

How are you all, by the way?

Hugs,

Diann

Surgery was Tuesday for me. So here's an update. Found myself on Thursday with a slight fever and figured out it was due to not getting enough Fluid in. So today i dialed back on the pain meds so i wouldn't sleep so much! Then i have more time to drink. So far everything I have tasted pretty much tastes the same. The Jello did taste a little stronger but didn't have trouble with the taste of Protein Shakes. I got to start full liquids today. sugar free cheesecake pudding (thinned) is amazing. I'm going to have to venture out soon to get more of that! Strained cream of chicken tasTed good but didn't set too well. I also tried unflavored Unjury powder with Crystal light. That tasted like a pina colada to me! But also kinda gave me stomach cramps. So hoping that will work in a few more days!

How is everyone else?

I had the blurry vision also. I felt fine but couldn't read anything!

I also got the weird blisters and the ends of my steri strips. They looked like burns. Very raised and filled with clear Fluid. They itched so much. I trimmed all of the strips so they were only covering the actual incisions. The blisters are healing but look worse than my smaller incisions do! Crazy.

Post-Op Day 4: Surgery was on April 16th. I find it challenging to type updates on my iPad, but it's better than going downstairs to the desktop. So here I go.

Swallowing Water is getting better. I can feel the water traveling from top to bottom, but it's no longer making me nauseated. So far I've only tried Isopure, V8 ( low sodium), Jello, water, broth, and pudding. Getting tired of it already. This evening I'm experimenting and mixed 1 scoop of vanilla Protein Shake with Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup, and added a scoop of instant coffee...yummy!!! My mind and I are pretending its Starbucks.

I no longer take any prescribed pain and nausea meds, only the heartburn one for 30 days. I sleep better at night without waking up to dry mouth. I take it extra slow turning to change positions.

Today was my first day out of the house. Although sometimes it's not fun, it's a blessing that my family is pretty strict with me about my limits; don't pick anything up! Get help up/down stairs! Don't open the door! Don't bend to pick anything up! You should pin your bulb to your bra. LoL!! I'll take the attention while I can. ;0)

I took my husband to breakfast today. I did GREAT, but my mind remembered the delicious taste of everything on his plate; bacon, eggs, sausage, country potatoes, with a side of pancakes. Hubby didn't want to sit there and eat in front of me, but I told him that I have to work on it now, because my eating habits have to change. I talked myself through it, "Davina, you will eat again some day...these same foods...less of it, but you WILL eat again. I promise." I did great and stuck to my jello.

Through out the day it got a little harder since if did not prepare my "meal" ahead of time. I was thirsty and weak from hunger. When I came home, I made chili Beans for dinner and told my girls my favorite thing to do was "taste test" every piece of ingredient...but not today... Boy was I tempted!!!! I didn't want to get sick or tear my stapled stomach so I walked away. Whew!!

What are your challenges and how are you handling them?? What other recipes have you tried??

Congrats to new Sleevers!! Y'all keep in touch!

Edited by smallnavajo

I stopped taking my pain meds the day I got home from the hospital. I can't remember if that was the day the blurriness went away or not. My first post op report here is FULL of typos lol!

It passes, I promise.

I was told the blurriness was from the nausea patch behind my ear and that once I removed it that it would get really blurry, which it did, for a few hours.

On a weird totally unrelated note....I made two different Cookies for my family two nights in a row and didn't even lick my fingers! I had my daughter put them in and out of the oven so I didn't bend, but they came out so perfectly. I just served them up to the kids and watched tv. I know it won't always be this easy, but I'm still very proud of me.

For Easter, the family had steak and mashed potatoes and it smelled and looked delicious. I made my little 4 oz cup of broth and enjoyed every drop of it. So weird.

How are you all doing on Easter?

I have heard there is a mouth moisturizer spray you can buy at the pharmacy. Some people have talked their nurses into letting them crunch ice in their mouths as long as they promise to spit it out.

If nothing else, you can ask your nurse for mouth swabs. They are like little sponges on a stick they can moisten with mouthwash or Water and you can swab the inside of your mouth with them.

Is it very unlikely you will be sedated after surgery since they want you up and walking ASAP to prevent blood clots, relieve gas pains, promote bowel movements, prevent pneumonia, and accelerate healing. ♡

My surgery is the day after yours. I haven't found anyone else with an April 25th date. I'm also getting a little nervous but also more excited. The book I'm currently reading on my Kindle is "The Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients" which I highly recommend.

Good luck to all those having surgery this week, and speedy healing to all the fresh post-ops!

Hugs,

Diann

Im scheduled for thursday the 24th im getting nervous now. The thing that has me most scared is the fact that I wont be able to sip water until after the swallow test and when I wske up now being a mouth breather my throat is soooo dry…… im. Hoping I will be well sedated that it wont bother me

If nothing else, you can ask your nurse for mouth swabs. They are like little sponges on a stick they can moisten with mouthwash or water and you can swab the inside of your mouth with them.

Hugs,

Diann

Im scheduled for thursday the 24th im getting nervous now. The thing that has me most scared is the fact that I wont be able to sip water until after the swallow test and when I wske up now being a mouth breather my throat is soooo dry…… im. Hoping I will be well sedated that it wont bother me

If nothing else, you can ask your nurse for mouth swabs. They are like little sponges on a stick they can moisten with mouthwash or water and you can swab the inside of your mouth with them.

Hugs,

Diann

Hugs,

Diann

Thanks so much… im going to look for the moisturizer spray tomorrow…im so thankful that I have found this site

Edited by RoseZ